No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know we're all closely following the Kansas gubernatorial race amiright???

Republican polling company finds that the idol & hero of Geezer and Kapture, one Kris Kobach, is trailing the interim governor in GOP primary race

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
      Hey im with you on that, I still think people need to be humble about how good your life is (it could be over tomorrow) . I was talking to my life long friend about 10 days ago who was like my sister, she was killed in a car wreck about an hour after talking to me.

Howell resident killed in Jan. 31 crash on Latson Road

https://thelivingstonpost.com/howell...n-latson-road/
      Ugh, sorry man. While all terrible, nothing worse than unexpected accidental deaths.

We never do appreciate life as much as we should. Hope you're hanging in there.

Comment

• Sorry to hear about that, wingsfan

Comment

• Thanks guys, yea it sucks. My sister is best friends with her older sister the entire family were at my sisters house last Friday. 3 kids too and her Mom is still around - I really feel for them.

Comment

• Republican Party in the age of trump. Also some good data on working non college educated white Americans and their shift from Bill Clinton to Trump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
              Good luck with that. I went back on FB since football ended and people are still bitching and crying everyday, with the other side posting Kapture1 type memes. People suck lol

My sister told me the other day she hopes Trump get assassinated, she has been miserable since he won.
              I agree with you.

One of the greatest problems right now is the left's inability to enact any sort of resilience. Between lamenting what they view as a lost legacy (1st woman president), their willingness to die on the proverbial cross for almost nothing (Will use C16 in Canada as an example here. If exclusively domestically, most tangential social issues are far too heavily fueled by leftist outrage), and the general unwillingness to concede any ground on issues that clearly aren't black and white (conflating fundamental concern with Islam's sheer lack of modernity w/ "Islamaphobia).

So, ya, I don't think anyone in here thinks Kapture's latest thread strategy is something exclusive to floundering conservatives. He just happens to be the only one doing it in here, while simultaneously calling people soyboys (When... I'd put a meaningless wager down that at least 50% of who he is calling a soyboy can outshoot/out maneuver on any given Crew WPN system, platform, or firearm, in any condition he'd choose.)

I am more than willing to talk about any part of the Trump-Russia investigation. But, the continuing problem is this:

By simply taking the following position:
              [[[1. There is enough question to merit an investigation. Why?
              -Because if there is nothing, we just have to reconcile the fallout of a specific party. They have to recover. They have to explain themselves. They have to say: Well, these markers indicated to us that something was up, it ended up being nothing. Credibility rot. loss of public faith. Etc. Etc. Etc.

-the inverse situation is far more dangerous than the situation above. Not conducting the investigation at Trump's request when he actually is beholden to a foreign entity. That has implications that I don't even have time to hypothesize. There are ENTIRE careers devoted to fantasizing about this sort of scenario... And they don't even cover all the bases]]]

By simply taking the above position, Kapture STILL frames the debate as leftist revolutionary/anarchist v. Patriotic/loyal conservative. Even when there are PAGES in the politics thread w/ discussion during the campaign and just after where I literally say: I much prefer Trump over Hilary -- as long as the Russian murmurs *which had already picked up steam prior to Trump's Bannon employ and subsequent campaign success* subside and/or are nothing

Kapture wants every Trump dissenter to be some hippy liberal and it doesn't actually work that way.

People are rarely the political archetype we think. It is just convenience so we can download witty insults and buzzwords like "soyboy" off the discourse hard drive.

TL;DR:

I agree with what you are saying. Both sides are in a surface information internet conflict where they simply lob clever, but biased, two liners framed over pictures. Memes are literally eroding dialogue.

Comment

• Originally posted by millenwasmyfavorite View Post
                Man, the clueless citizen's expectation on government agencies is stellar (happens to coincide with a partisan grind, but nbd). Even if you believe this is somehow how gun ownership is supposed work (just sprinkle in occasional domestic terrorism) LOCAL departments would be the closest thing to hoping we could/can prevent future instances. Is that realistic? No. But, traveling 10 echelons up the bureaucratic food chain shaking your finger because you thought the agency full of 75% accountants was going to mitigate disaster caused by a non-affiliated, high school failure, lone wolf (Presuming. I could be wrong), then, ya, you are probably going to have a convenient (though unproductive/misguided) scapegoat for remainder of time.

Current gun violence climate is untenable, but can't be remedied by any left/liberal proposal. eliminating guns doesn't work. confiscating guns doesn't work.

Great post on reddit, essentially the TL;DR: We glorify the gun. It isn't another practical tool afforded to us by 2nd amendment, it is the tool.

So, when we have unstable (teenagers) or unstable (young adults), we can call them terrorists or mentally ill for the next 50 years, it won't make a difference -- we can waste time downplaying how the shooter resonates with one side more than the other, then switch roles when the arch-type says so.

Caveat to try and prevent singular point picking:
                -yes there are actual terrorists.

We have people breeding in this country, both sides of the aisle, that preach how vital possession of firearms is -- and that they are the end of debates that we can't settle diplomatically and that they are the only fail-safe, however existential, in the event that our earthly overlords decide to clamp down the proverbial un-American vice grip.

I'm not even arguing that isn't possible.

But, searching for every possible reason to blame any entity or group is what we've already been doing. It does nothing. There can be a conversation about shifting gun culture that doesn't involve regulating/restricting/confiscating firearms.
                Wanna talk about the "clueless citizen's expectation" of the FBI now?

Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Friday ordered an "immediate review" after it emerged that the FBI had not acted on a recent tip that Florida school shooting suspect Nikolas Cruz wanted to “kill people” and there was the “potential of him conducting a school shooting.”

In a statement, the bureau admitted to receiving a call on Jan. 5 from a person close to Cruz who contacted the FBI through its Public Access Line (PAL) tipline to express concerns about his erratic behavior and disturbing social media posts.

Comment

• WingsFan. I’m so sorry to hear that.
                  To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                    Wanna talk about the "clueless citizen's expectation" of the FBI now?

Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Friday ordered an "immediate review" after it emerged that the FBI had not acted on a recent tip that Florida school shooting suspect Nikolas Cruz wanted to ?kill people? and there was the ?potential of him conducting a school shooting.?

In a statement, the bureau admitted to receiving a call on Jan. 5 from a person close to Cruz who contacted the FBI through its Public Access Line (PAL) tipline to express concerns about his erratic behavior and disturbing social media posts.
                    Just another hook.

Expectation is still a joke.

Please, defy what I am saying. Go find a domestic terrorist and direct your efforts toward the FBI in lieu of the local law enforcement.

Comment

• God.

Maybe their failure to act is just what is needed to illustrate their ineptitude AND lack of credibility AND how corrupt they were under the direction of both COMEY AND MUELLER.

18 birds with one speck of paint. If only we were in space.

Sessions is still a F'ing idiot.

Comment

• Just another hook.

Expectation is still a joke.

Please, defy what I am saying. Go find a domestic terrorist and direct your efforts toward the FBI in lieu of the local law enforcement.
                        Local law enforcement was called to Cruz' home 39 times for things he said or did. It seems to me that there is a lot of blame to go around, but the FBI is the agency tasked with fighting terrorism.

Comment

• 18 birds with one speck of paint. If only we were in space.
                          ?

Comment

• Here at the New York Times, we believe that all sides of the story should be tolerated and explored, from white supremacists being actually kinda c...

Why do we hire dipshits? It’s simple. After the 2016 election, we got yelled at a lot by right-wingers. How could you report such negative stories about President Trump by printing the words he says? Why don’t 100% of your stories talk about Hillary Clinton’s emails, rather than just the ones on the front page? They had a point. So, despite the fact that throughout the last year the right has decided they hate everything from Keurig to the NFL, we have decided to do the journalistically correct thing and capitulate entirely.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                              https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/...-more-dipshits

Why do we hire dipshits? It?s simple. After the 2016 election, we got yelled at a lot by right-wingers. How could you report such negative stories about President Trump by printing the words he says? Why don?t 100% of your stories talk about Hillary Clinton?s emails, rather than just the ones on the front page? They had a point. So, despite the fact that throughout the last year the right has decided they hate everything from Keurig to the NFL, we have decided to do the journalistically correct thing and capitulate entirely.
                              Spot on! Ha!
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• McMaster willing to say as much. This should be a pretty severe alarm for denialists.

Kapture, it is not too late to join the "well, they said unwitting Americans" amnesty envelope. Will probably be viable for at least a couple of weeks, at this rate.

Also: No coincidence Gates cooperation/Bannon cooperation is declared and Manafort immediately catches wind of new charges.
                                Last edited by millenwasmyfavorite; February 17, 2018, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X