No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Governor of Missouri was arrested, taken out in cuffs, and indicted on felony charges of invasion of privacy. Supposedly a few years ago he had an affair and while the woman was naked, tied up, and blindfolded, he took numerous pictures of her. Then he told her he'd release them if she ever told anyone.

Hearing that even a good number of Missouri Republicans will start impeachment proceedings if he refuses to resign.

Missouri GOP Gov. Eric Greitens was indicted on Thursday amid looming allegations of sexual misconduct and blackmail following an admission of an affair last month.

Comment

• Just researched it. Alabama's drinkin age was raised to 21 in 1933 with the end of Prohibition.

Damn, AA....or should I call you...Old Scribe?????

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
        The legal age in Louisiana was 18 when I was there. When I moved to Alabama it was 19. It did not affect me. I was 21+ when it was raised, but I was against it from a libertarian standpoint.

And I am old. Fuck off in advance.

Growing up in civilization I guess I figured the drinking age went to 21 nationwide in the 70?s. I didn?t know it was not raised until the mid-late 80?s in other states. (Looking at it, we aren?t too far apart. So I know you are old!)
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          Is that the school by Dayton? Yeah I think even the local police force said it's not a good idea. Maybe I'm totally wrong, but when cops arrive at a school shooting (of all places) they're going to be motivated to put a bullet into anyone out of uniform they see with a gun. There's probably not going to be much time for discerning friend from foe.
          Agreed. And as I said, many cops are bad shots. And they've been trained.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
            Growing up in civilization I guess I figured the drinking age went to 21 nationwide in the 70?s. I didn?t know it was not raised until the mid-late 80?s in other states. (Looking at it, we aren?t too far apart. So I know you are old!)
            Civilalization. Heh. New Orleans is the cradle of civilization in the US. The only beacon of true American culture. An exemplar of art, music, cuisine, and alcohol in excess.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I'm opposed to arming teachers in my county for the specific reason that proposals to do so are being discussed by law makers without discussing it with teachers; In Fort Lauderdale (Broward Co.) they don't want to be armed.

Teachers in Broward Co. (I can't speak for others) support additional hardening to include means to further restrict entry to school grounds.

While the local and national media continues to fail to facilitate responsible dialogue, it's happening in "coffee houses" in and around Fort Lauderdale and by that I mean there is responsible dialogue. It focuses on law enforcement and the Broward Co, Sheriff, Scott Israel who is under fire for what is nothing but a huge fuck-up to not act on the obvious signals that Cruz was a threat to carry off a mass shooting.

Sheriff Isreal is taking heat and when asked why the Sheriff's Office didn't act on signals on Cruz he routinely tries to shift the dialogue to giving law enforcement officials more power to investigate and arrest. Most think that is a canard to duck accountability for fucking up. He fucked up. Fire his ass. I'd add the FBI to the list of those who should be held accountable. I'd find and fire the guy in the FBI chain of command that failed to direct subordinates to go out to Cruz's home and have a look. If they had, they'd have discovered an arms and ammunition cache.

My view is that this shooting could have been prevented had law enforcement done their job. So, the debate involving FL HB219 specifically and more generally gun control is rather putting the cart before the horse.

Heads need to roll. Start with the Sherif's office in Broward Co. Step up to the FBI who also had lots of information regarding the threat Cruz presented. At this point, arguing over the need to increase the level of gun control in the US is premature. I still think a reasonable debate on what steps are necessary to reduce citizen access to Assault Firearms, Military Style weapons in the long term is entirely appropriate.
              Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; February 22, 2018, 07:54 PM.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                Is that the school by Dayton? Yeah I think even the local police force said it's not a good idea. Maybe I'm totally wrong, but when cops arrive at a school shooting (of all places) they're going to be motivated to put a bullet into anyone out of uniform they see with a gun. There's probably not going to be much time for discerning friend from foe.
                Then cops should work with schools and teachers about procedure when they enter the school in a shooting situation. It's not like the teachers are going to be given a gun and best of luck and thats it. Have them drill 3-4 times per year.

If the teachers best defense is huddle the students in a corner and stand unarmed between them and a psyco, then this will never stop. Many teachers would likely want some protection, fuck it, give them bear spray... SOMETHING.

Not forcing them to carry, but giving the option if they can pass the training, and keeping the gun in a safe in the room, not in their desk drawer or something stupid like that. Its at least an idea, these fucks might start thinking twice before going to school to kill as many as they can
                Last edited by Kapture1; February 22, 2018, 07:58 PM.

Comment

• ..... PS to my post above. In terms of the Broward Co. Sheriff's office fucking up big time I forgot to mention that the Sheriff on duty in the school that day was a fucking coward and if he had acted in his role to protect and serve, he would have tactically moved to kill Cruz .... oh wait, he wasn't trained to do that. He was trained to flee.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The Sheriff said on CNN that the claim his department was notified 39 seperate times was false. Jake Tapper failed to call him on that.

Comment

• So Da Krapture both want to pay teachers $12/hr, strip their pensions and put them through basic training and all will be, in their world, heavenly. Smart.

Comment

• Don't tell me what i want.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                          The Sheriff said on CNN that the claim his department was notified 39 seperate times was false. Jake Tapper failed to call him on that.
                          Oh no ..... he was notified and he knows it. When he is asked about it by the local press he simply works to change the dialogue. Typical.

There's still not enough local pressure to nail him. I'm watching this closely.

Comment

• Mueller filed a new 32-count indictment against both Manafort and Gates today, this time in Virginia, not DC. Link to it is below. The new charges include tax fraud and bank fraud.

They're accused of making tens of millions of dollars from the corrupt Yanukovich Ukrainian regime and keeping it in offshore accounts to hide it. Manafort used the offshore accounts to hide who was purchasing big, expensive homes in the US. After the fall of Yanukovich in 2014, Manafort used these homes as collateral to secure big loans, which Mueller says he obtained through fraudulent means.

Not in this indictment but it was reported earlier this week that Mueller was investigating whether Manafort may have bribed at least one banker with an administration position in exchange for a loan.

Comment

• What is older between these things....

Abraham (not Lincoln), dirt (not Joe), The Big Bang Theory (not the show), or AA?
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/JonahNRO/status/966866423074250754[/ame]

[ame]https://twitter.com/JonahNRO/status/966821607997169664[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X