No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is that a picture of Kapture during the MSU/Syracuse game?

(Srsly, STFU and get in the damn basketball thread. That goes for the rest of you too. We're in the Sweet 16 for the fourth time in six years and all the higher seeds are out until the finals. WE HAVE BETTER THINGS TO TALK ABOUT.)

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
      COMITY! Gentlemen, comity!
      Time to play Name that Quote!

I don?t believe that civility or tenderness is a primary intellectual virtue, especially on important subjects. If one is in the business of what used to be called ?the battle of ideas? one should thicken one?s skin.

Comment

• (please don't get me wrong -- I didn't mean to suggest that Kapture is engaged in a battle of ideas)

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
          Is that a picture of Kapture during the MSU/Syracuse game?

(Srsly, STFU and get in the damn basketball thread. That goes for the rest of you too. We're in the Sweet 16 for the fourth time in six years and all the higher seeds are out until the finals. WE HAVE BETTER THINGS TO TALK ABOUT.)
          I picked the Spartans to lose to Duke. in my realistic bracket at least.

Turns out that my realistic bracket fell apart faster than my MSU to win bracket did.

Comment

• I picked them out against Duke too. Now please kindly visit the tourney thread. AA would like to have a very cordial conversation with you and Talent about what sets your three basketball programs apart from ours.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                I picked them out against Duke too. Now please kindly visit the tourney thread. AA would like to have a very cordial conversation with you and Talent about what sets your three basketball programs apart from ours.
                the UofM basketball thread or the Big10/NCAA basketball thread?

Comment

• Hey Oracle! How about those CMU lady Chips??

Comment

• SLF said:
                    EDIT: I should note that Mike Conaway, the Intel Chair with Nunes recused, told tv this morning that just because his Committee found no evidence of collusion, that doesn't mean they proved no collusion took place. He added that there are significant witnesses the Committee never talked to that Mueller has.
                    And it should be equally noted that just because the committee found no evidence that unicorns exist, that doesn't mean that they proved that no unicorns exist.

SLF, you are fortunate you went to Colgate because your lack of intellectual rigor would not have earned a degree from Michigan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                      SLF said:

And it should be equally noted that just because the committee found no evidence that unicorns exist, that doesn't mean that they proved that no unicorns exist.

SLF, you are fortunate you went to Colgate because your lack of intellectual rigor would not have earned a degree from Michigan.
                      SLF didn't post that, I did. And I didn't go to Palmolive U. And with that post Geezer demonstrates that age and wisdom are not necessarily fellow travelers.

Comment

• oops, my bad, SLF and DSL being so similar both in abbreviation and thought, so, to correct my mistake

Dsl said:
                        I should note that Mike Conaway, the Intel Chair with Nunes recused, told tv this morning that just because his Committee found no evidence of collusion, that doesn't mean they proved no collusion took place. He added that there are significant witnesses the Committee never talked to that Mueller has.
                        to which I reply:

Slf, you most assuredly would have failed to earn a degree at Hope College.

Comment

• Lol. I think Geezers post is perfect given it’s the 15th anniversary of the invasion of Iraq.
                          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Anyone seen this?

Comment

• As if regular Buttwiper wasn't bad enough.
                              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                              X