No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump's advisors said not to congratulate Putin. He did so anyways.

Trump's advisors said to bring up the Salisbury attack and condemn it. He ignored it.

Comment

• In the 2018 elections Millennials will outnumber Baby Boomers for the first time. In addition, Democratic advantage among them has grown from +16 in 2014 to +27 today.

The balance of partisan affiliation – and the combined measure of partisan identification and leaning – has not changed substantially over the past two

There is a growing educational and gender gap between the parties as well. 58% of all voters with a 4-year degree now identify as a Democrat, the highest since 1992 (at least). 56% of all women identify or lean towards being Democrats.

84% of African-Americans consider themselves Democrats, 63% of Hispanics, and 65% of Asians.

Survey Report As the 2018 midterm elections approach, women and especially college graduates have moved toward the Democratic Party. By contrast, the
      Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; March 20, 2018, 07:41 PM.

Comment

• As if regular Buttwiper wasn't bad enough.

I set that one up on a tee for you Jon - Orange Beer - Trump finally found a beer he likes?

Comment

• I remember when leftist condemned 0bama congratulating Putin on his election win

Comment

• CNN's front page

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
              I remember when leftist condemned 0bama congratulating Putin on his election win

But, what about ______________ (choose Hilary, Obama, deepstate. Bernie to spice things up)

At the time Obama congratulates Putin:
              1) Crimea hasn?t been invaded
              2) Russia hasn?t approved their proxy forces attacking US troops
              3) Russian forces hadn?t repeatedly buzzed us warships in the Baltics
              4) Russia hasn?t yet meddled in American elections

More Kapture vacuum memes.

Comment

• Originally posted by millenwasmyfavorite View Post
                But, what about ______________ (choose Hilary, Obama, deepstate. Bernie to spice things up)

At the time Obama congratulates Putin:
                1) Crimea hasn?t been invaded
                2) Russia hasn?t approved their proxy forces attacking US troops
                3) Russian forces hadn?t repeatedly buzzed us warships in the Baltics
                4) Russia hasn?t yet meddled in American elections

More Kapture vacuum memes.
                Yet all of those happened under his watch. SaD!

Which is why the only thing you should lead from behind is a lawn mower

We all knew who Putin was back then. Romney did for sure, sorry 0bama missed it.

Comment

• We all knew who Putin was back then. Romney did for sure, sorry 0bama missed it..
                  Correct.

For someone who has said he doesn't much like how Obama handled Russia, millen sure spends a lot of time taking issue with attacks on Obama for how he handled Russia. And, of course, in so doing shifts the argument to Obama's ineptness from PDJT's ineptness.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• And Bush II looked into his soul. Or his heart. Forget which.

Seriously though, I don't know that there's a right answer. It's always been said that what Putin wanted was legitimacy. His power at home is a bit tied to whether Russia is still perceived as a global power or not. In truth his power is tied to oil-and-gas prices. I thought that when he went begging to China for a gas-sales deal in 2014, with oil prices plunging, that the visuals were writing on the wall. Not now. Most people think that Putin's been more lucky than good here. I for a while agreed with what Obama seemed to be doing, which was to not give him the recognition he craved. In retrospect that was quite possibly a policy better interpreted as Obama's usual intellectual constipation and inability to act firmly. "This too shall pass" is not good foreign policy. Credit to Romney -- I forget what he was talking about and I disagree it was the chief threat, but he was right to say it and looks good in hindsight. Credit due.

But the truth is that Putin is the whole western world's problem, since his one trick is to throw sand in the gears, and it's proven to work. If there were a good way to handle him, nobody knows it. I know that the current administration's approach is terrible, and the previous one's wasn't good either, but I don't know that there's a solution to this problem other than the continued adoption of renewables. Save for NK, you can curtail a lot of the funding of most of the world's worst actors through continuing to lower demand for petroleum products.

Comment

• Some turmoil at Fox News.

A longtime Fox News analyst sharply criticized the network on Tuesday, denouncing the outlet as a "propaganda machine" devoted to President Trump.
                      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• But, to be clear, a bad policy then has nothing to do with a treasonous policy now. I don't know if there's been actual real treason, but usage of the word as an adjective is reasonable and accurate.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          Correct.

For someone who has said he doesn't much like how Obama handled Russia, millen sure spends a lot of time taking issue with attacks on Obama for how he handled Russia. And, of course, in so doing shifts the argument to Obama's ineptness from PDJT's ineptness.
                          Your point is only true because you place too much convenient stock in the Ukrainian small arms aid.

I just think it is crazy that the likelihood that 60-70% of the memes Kapture posts were themes created for the purpose of enhancing political tumult by foreign entities -- yet he continues to post them w/ glee.

I'm fine with having conversations about past president failings. I just don't believe it something that should be used as a rebuttal for our current president's unprecedented behavior (some call it maverick ala Palin, some say suspicious); this point is truer for me when it comes to the use of...
                          Past candidates... like HRC (again, we can have whole conversation about Clinton shit, but why is it the perpetual fall back plan for Trump discussion)

Hack captures the advance: using Obama's failed plan for Putin as cover for excusing Trump's seemingly muffled admiration for him is a mistake which seems to age more poorly each Friday.

Comment

• Your point is only true because you place too much convenient stock in the Ukrainian small arms aid.
                            I haven't a clue what this means. My point is true because it's true. It has nothing to do with the announced US decision to sell javelins to Ukraine.

Your point on past presidential failings is quite simply made as this -- WTF does Obama have to do with PDJT? It should stop there. That's your point. Instead, you insist on pardoning Obama and defending him at, seemingly, every turn. And thus the argument shifts to exactly where you, presumably, think it shouldn't go.

Even more reductionist -- why on fucking earth do you give a fuck about a meme? Good god.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• You mean PBHO?

Comment

• Memes here are like garbage on the side of the road. Unsightly, unnecessary, and generally without value beyond toxicity. Plus we have a chronic litterbug. If we didn't have the trash, nobody would give a fuck. But it pollutes our environment and thats why people care.
                                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X