No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somehow in somebody's world that's relevant, yes. It should be an embarrassment to the Nobel organization that they did that. But of course it has nothing to do with today, unless one wants to sink to that lowest common denominator of political discourse and remain there. For all others, two facts explain how this works and are a starting point for any non-lowest-common-denominator discussion on how this is going to be resolved:

1. NK gets 70% of its food from China.
    2. NK gets 70% of its fuel from China.

Comment

• I rather doubt NK will accede to any real terms of significance -- or rather -- the only real term of significance. And if they do, it will have the value of their fake deal with Clinton and Iran's fake deal with Obama.

That said, the path to NK has been known for years. Obama certainly was smart enough to know it. So, if a leader as gifted as Obama -- a Nobel Peace Prize Winner! -- couldn't navigate that path then it's obviously a difficult one to traverse. If PDJT manages to make it up that mountain there's no denying his role -- no matter how hard the #GentryProgs would try.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
        1. NK gets 70% of its food from China.
        2. NK gets 70% of its fuel from China.

And yet the N Korean people are starving. And living in the dark.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          I rather doubt NK will accede to any real terms of significance -- or rather -- the only real term of significance. And if they do, it will have the value of their fake deal with Clinton and Iran's fake deal with Obama.

That said, the path to NK has been known for years. Obama certainly was smart enough to know it. So, if a leader as gifted as Obama -- a Nobel Peace Prize Winner! -- couldn't navigate that path then it's obviously a difficult one to traverse. If PDJT manages to make it up that mountain there's no denying his role -- no matter how hard the #GentryProgs would try.
          0bama told Trump in his meeting after the election that he (0bama) viewed North Korea as the top national security priority

The Obama administration considers North Korea to be the top national security priority for the incoming administration, a view it has conveyed to President-elect Donald Trump?s transition team, according to people familiar with the conversations.

Comment

• #ComicCon. That's a shame.

Comment

• The Obama administration considers North Korea to be the top national security priority for the incoming administration, a view it has conveyed to President-elect Donald Trump’s transition team, according to people familiar with the conversations.
              Yeah, that was definitely one his big messes he needed PDJT to clean up.

Comment

• Conservative hero Kris Kobach held in contempt of court after failing to comply with a Federal Judge's injunction.

Comment

• Oh Vladdy, please don't be mad with me. I'll hold my breath until my face turns blue before they make me impose more sanctions. Whats a few a-rabs being gassed? Please snoogums, I wuv you. I'll do anything you want...

President Donald Trump personally made the decision to abandon plans to impose more sanctions on Russia for supporting Syria’s chemical weapons attack on civilians, according to three senior administration officials and a source familiar with the discussions.

Then of course, off to another alternate reality...

"We'll do sanctions as soon as they very much deserve it," Trump said in Florida. "There's been nobody tougher on Russia than President Donald Trump."
                  Last edited by Ghengis Jon; April 19, 2018, 07:24 AM.
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I'm sure Strangelove will see this movie multiple times: https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...ain-kelo-case/

The great story of Kelo. Really, an awful, awful decision. But, in the spirit of American Constitutional Republic, the awful decision has largely been constrained by political actions in the states. Still, "public use" = Pfizer Lab is fucking preposterous.

Comment

• well 11 congressman have submitted the following

Comment

• IG inspector general horowitz testifies to gowdy and congress on may 8 in regards to this

McCabe/comey etc seem to be turning on each other as evidenced by this

Andrew McCabe — who was fired as FBI deputy director last month — hit back at former FBI Director James Comey, saying he was not telling the truth in an interview earlier Wednesday. “Comey has relied on the accuracy and the soundness of the Office of the Inspector General's (OIG) conclusions in their report on

comey says in his book further evidnce not known to American people will come out concerning lynch

house of cards falling down?

Comment

• Wesley So and Varuzhan Akobian are the only players to score wins in their opening matches of the US Championships. Highly touted Caruana settles for a draw against Awonder Liang. Meanwhile, AlabamAlum's beloved Yaroslav Zherebukh, the Blake Sims of Chess, suffers defeat.

More to come after today's pulsating action!

Related, sort of, but has anyone read about AlphaZero? It has unbelievably thrashed Stockfish and elmo! I know, right! It is officially superhuman and would likely make Kasparaov and Deep Blue look like NYC junkie patzers. Fascinating. Happy to be the laboring oar here for chess info.

Comment

• yeah my bracket had Zherebukh into the semi's

Comment

• Heh@Talent

Fuck off@crash
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• STFU@allofyouse
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X