No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I missed where you posted the FEC filing for the Trump Org. Repost it. Cohen resigned from the Trump Org right after the election, I believe. I don't doubt that you'll attempt to portray him as yet another coffee-fetcher that Trump has never met or spoken to, despite he being a high-level executive in his company for a decade.

Please give me economic authors who agree with you rather than just repeating "trust your eyes" endlessly so I can read their theories. You never provided those.

And things in the "oilpatch" are nowhere close to as good before the collapse of the oil prices in 2014. BTW I've been in the industry since 2011 and shale gas/oil boomed under Obama, not giving or taking credit from him. It boomed so much that the domestic oil market suddenly had a glut and the price collapsed.

Comment

• BTW, everyone, here's my actual post legitimately quoted below. Now go back and look at how Geezer paraphrased my post a half hour ago. Where did he get ARRA from? I have no idea what it means either because I didn't say it.

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      Got links to your evidence? Can you show me GDP measured in the terms you describe and where your data comes from? The Trump admin is measuring GDP in the same way that Obama was as far I as I can find. Does that mean the Trump GDP numbers are a sham too?

I'm not sure what you're indicating with the interest rates. The rates were obviously cut by central banks around the world to encourage borrowing and spending and avoid economic collapse. In some cases it produced stagnation instead. You seem to regard savings as "production" but spending is not? But obviously you can't make money if people aren't spending.

Also, you keep insisting that government salaries must be rapidly expanding in order to make up for the growth lost in the private sector and I provided statistics showing that under Obama's first term, total employment in the Federal govt (not including the military) did not dramatically rise above Bush's numbers, but for a brief spike for the census. Employment in state and local governments, on the other hand, significantly fell during the Obama first term, not in a small part because Republicans have been running 2/3 of the state governments for a few election cycles now.

Federal govt employment since 1960:

Here's a link based on stats produced by the U of Michigan claiming there's been job growth every year in Michigan since 2010 and in fact 2017 was not as good as several of the Obama years. Manufacturing is projected by them to decline in the coming years, even if NAFTA is preserved, as hiring in that sector had slowed significantly by the end of 2017.

Here's the UofM study it's based upon.

http://ns.umich.edu/Releases/2017/No...ull-Report.pdf
      Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; May 10, 2018, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• I just searched ARRA on this forum and Jeff's the only one who used the term before Geezer did. Talk to Jeff, Geezer. Your early-onset dementia has you confused again.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
          For the record, I also believe the companies. They paid Cohen millions of dollars for access to the President. That is corruption
          K Street is filled with groups that sell access. They are where you go to pay for your proposal to become law. This is Washington. It's gross but don't act like this is something new.

Comment

• About That FBI ‘Source’
            Did the bureau engage in outright spying against the 2016 Trump campaign?

Last edited by Kapture1; May 11, 2018, 12:52 AM.

Comment

• With regard to your and Entropy's posts on payments to Cohen by Novartis and whether or not a crime was committed if any of the money from those payments flowed to past or current administration employees (bribery), I'm pretty sure this is a crime under Title 18 › Part I › Chapter 11 › ? 201.
              The money has to affect an "official act" -- read that definition. More or less, the money has to affect an actual official decision. If you give money to a judge that is directly ruling on your case, you're hosed. But the official you're bribing has to actually be able to conclude the quid pro quo. More or less. Thus, e.g., giving money to a Senator when your legislation is pending isn't bribery because that Senator can only vote yea or nay. Or put another way, money for result=no bueno; money for influence=unsavory but bueno.

I have no idea what the money was for -- whether PDJT could directly deliver.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• DSL:

I respect your efforts to keep the record clear and all, and I have no doubt you're correct. Though, I'd rather relive the Bellisari Era than read a word of that stuff. However, when you choose to schedule a road game against a Goldie Hawn-led team, don't act surprised when the fans are hostile, the cheerleaders are hostile, you're playing on a field littered with broken pipes and needle and there is, invariably, a hulking lineman overcome with newfound motivation and inspiration.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  DSL:

I respect your efforts to keep the record clear and all, and I have no doubt you're correct. Though, I'd rather relive the Bellisari Era than read a word of that stuff. However, when you choose to schedule a road game against a Goldie Hawn-led team, don't act surprised when the fans are hostile, the cheerleaders are hostile, you're playing on a field littered with broken pipes and needle and there is, invariably, a hulking lineman overcome with newfound motivation and inspiration.
                  Talent- First of all, the Wildcats reference is much appreciated. God bless that little film for introducing the world to the talents of one Wesley T. Snipes.

Secondly, about Geezer...if he simply forgot who said what, and decided I had said it and not Jeff, hey fine...we've all been there and it's even easier to get mixed up when you're responding to a week-old argument. But he used the quote function and then just paraphrased something to make it look like it had come from me. That annoys me. So yeah, lesson learned. Sometimes engagement is a waste of time.

Comment

• You know, sometimes it's a happier day just posting "STFU." I imagine, based on his posts, that The Wizard would be blissfully ignorant and disinterested -- except he and whoever else bones his wives can't produce Y-chromosomes; he has the pelvis of an 85-year old arthritic woman; he flies to Las Cruces on the weekends to ref shitball football games; those football games feature teams less suckass than The Huskerz; and he lives in the same time zone as Wild Hoss.

Comment

• Oh, I think Wiz is much happier. He limps up to a Golden Corral buffet for his evening meal and while chewing on a USDA Grade D "steak" machine guns 32 "stfu's".

I don't even think he understands the content of the post he hits with a "STFU" - it's more some hardwired response to the stimulus of seeing a new post pop up.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The Wizard hasn't understood anything for decades, aside from the rare Laverne and Shirley reference and occasional discussion of tractors. His acquaintance with understanding is as fleeting as Mr. Price's HC stint with Alabama.

Comment

• idiots
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• May the ghost of The Big Ragu shit goo on all youses

STFU
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                              About That FBI ‘Source’
                              Did the bureau engage in outright spying against the 2016 Trump campaign?

http://archive.is/NrQfk

carter page. the same carter page that the FISA warrant was about was already working for the FBI all along.

talk about corruption at the highest level

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                                carter page. the same carter page that the FISA warrant was about was already working for the FBI all along.

talk about corruption at the highest level
                                i am absolutely convinced he is/was an undercover asset for the FBI.

not sure how someone who was suspected of being a foreign agent committing espionage against the United States of America and had enough evidence against him to have a FISA warrant granted and renewed three times walking around a free man today under no cloud of suspicion, completely isolated from this shitstorm of an investigation.

Comment

Working...
                                X