No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's some hateful shit. Even by today's standards.

Sure, I prefer the English to the illiterate, stink-infested mudpeoples of Ireland and Scotland. And, yes, I prefer the English to the French as any right-minded person does. But, that does not mean I like various anachronistic pieces of English society -- food, dentistry, anti-hooliganism and royal-watching.

One can, for example, be proud to be an American without embracing the willfully caustic auditory assaults of Dave Mathews, the grotesque educational ponzi scheme that is Cayuga Tech, nor the rotting hole of corruption and failure on the Lake.

I do, however, find Reynoldsburg a charming little hamlet for the unambitious.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Two unrelated things -- thank you, kapture, for MS13NBC. That's fantastic. And, DSL, that user pic is awesome. Otherwise, you can both STFU and leave this thread to the folks who truly appreciate miscellaneous endeavors such as chess and vinegar-based barbecue sauce.

Comment

• Auditory assaults?! If you have never got high and listened to #41, you just haven't lived.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          That's some hateful shit. Even by today's standards.

Sure, I prefer the English to the illiterate, stink-infested mudpeoples of Ireland and Scotland. And, yes, I prefer the English to the French as any right-minded person does. But, that does not mean I like various anachronistic pieces of English society -- food, dentistry, anti-hooliganism and royal-watching.

One can, for example, be proud to be an American without embracing the willfully caustic auditory assaults of Dave Mathews, the grotesque educational ponzi scheme that is Cayuga Tech, nor the rotting hole of corruption and failure on the Lake.

I do, however, find Reynoldsburg a charming little hamlet for the unambitious.
          Caddish Knave!

I credit this latest assault on decency to your Royal Mania, the same which led you to name your children after the Queen's corgis and your Cocker Spaniel, "Camilla".

Comment

• Heh
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Yes, kapture, I'll take your word for it. I'm sure it's also a blast to jam out to Bad Company and drink a case of Hamm's and talk about the good ol' days in Monroe County. Pure Michigan.

On to more important matters. Strangelove has certainly taken a turn toward the uppity. I don't like it one bit. And, for the record, I own no pets, though I will concede that in dog world the cocker spaniel is the rough the equivalent of a decent 4-year school while the bordier collie is more akin to a community college focused on hoteling and located on an active Superfund site.

Comment

• You insult a border collie at your own peril.

As soon as Ranger finishes the NYT crossword, he's on his way to pay you a visit.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Obviously Talent was never a Lassie fan...more Turner and Hooch I'm guessing...or Air Bud...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• #41 is?
                    what would a Dubliner know about border collies

Comment

• The broader question is what does a "man" living in Alabama who traces "his" ancestry through Cajuns, Acadians and Scots"men" know about anything? [INSERT obvious animal-shaggery joke]
                      Last edited by iam416; May 18, 2018, 08:36 AM.

Comment

• Jesus. Mo Brooks is an embarrassment.

[ame]https://youtu.be/E2tkm4iZOJ8[/ame]
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Alas and regrettably, I have no cajun ancestory. As you know, my father was transplanted there when I was small.

I wish I did. They are a happy lot. Being at ease and enjoying life seems much easier for them than most Scots, who have a propensity to be miserly, brooding, and at times, antisocial.

Comment

• A week ago or so, Highlands Bar and Grill won the coveted James Beard Foundation most outstanding (US) restaurant award. The restaurant is in Bham.

This pisses me off. It's a fairly regular haunt of mine. Or was. Now the reservertions are booked weeks and months out. People are flying in from other cities just to dine here.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                              A week ago or so, Highlands Bar and Grill won the coveted James Beard Foundation most outstanding (US) restaurant award. The restaurant is in Bham.

This pisses me off. It's a fairly regular haunt of mine. Or was. Now the reservertions are booked weeks and months out. People are flying in from other cities just to dine here.
                              Terrific news for the waiters at the Highlands

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/997486431516942336[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X