• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lmao

Comment

• STFU
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Kelly Sadler accuses Mercedes Schlapp (who is her boss!!) of being a leaker to her face and in front of Trump. Then that conversation got leaked to Jon Swan

Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; May 27, 2018, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• Trump wants a 25% tariff on all foreign cars. Someone has also leaked that Larry Kudlow and the Chairman of Trump's Economic Advisory council are adamantly against this.

Comment

• Thought provoking article for your Memorial day read. If interested, click the link. It discusses the risks of the evolving field of AI and it's inherent inability to contextualize problem solving ........ i.e., AI doesn't care whether it's solutions to problems it is presented with are ethical nor can it explain how and why a particular solution was arrived upon or why that solution is better than other options. The article also deals with the risks inherent in problem solving in ways that the human brain is unable to comprehend at present.

Philosophically, intellectually—in every way—human society is unprepared for the rise of artificial intelligence.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Trump's official Memorial Day message is mainly him boasting about his 'achievements'

[ame]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1001085207825534976[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                Trump's official Memorial Day message is mainly him boasting about his 'achievements'

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...85207825534976
                Good God, the man is an asshat
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• ...... continues to shape his own message which may or may not comport with reality.

I keep harping on this but it really bothers me given my perception that the Trump administration cares little about evidence and facts that support DJT's sometimes outrageous claims. This hasn't been fact checked yet but it probably will be by tomorrow.

talent, has in the past, mildly lambasted my take on this subject....... he offered that he is shocked that this goes on in the Trump administration or, as he says tongue in cheek, during any American presidency (or words to that effect).

I think the level of it is greater with Trump, and I'll admit to near term bias, than my previous experience with it. Certainly Bush One was guilty of it, historically so was FDR but to the extent DJT does it? No.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Not Memorial Day material but this is a good article on dying communities and the reasons behind why people won't leave. The featured town is in Adams County in SW Ohio along the River. Adams County has two coal power plants that are both scheduled to close in June (the decision was made in spite of Trump's election) and are the county's largest employer, by far. The closure of the plants will cost the county 10% of its annual budget.

Comment

• A good read of a sad story that is probably much bigger nationwide than policy makers at the Federal Level know about it.

I thought the short reference to past Federal job stimulus Programs that were regional in nature (e.g. TVA) might work but there seems to be no political interest at all in doing much of anything.

Anyway, the article does bring an important issue about the declining numbers of folks who see job mobility as the way to go when they lose a good paying job in dying industries.

I'd be on the fence with regard to the utility of large scale government programs to address this real problem. It's a matter of priorities and spending for me. As the author noted, when the gold mining based towns in the west became obsolete, the feds didn't jump in to save them.

Comment

• Happy Memorial Day to all, in remembrance to those who sacrifices knew no limit in defense of our great nation.
                        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• China approves 13 new bribes to the Trump family.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                            China approves 13 new bribes to the Trump family.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...rump/35436627/
                            The left have no credibility on this topic.

Comment

• Right-wing activist Tommy Robinson reportedly jailed after filming outside child grooming trial

So for when those uppity Brits ask with contempt why we are obsessed with guns, i will say simply "just in case our government imports a ton of thirld world trash, and jails people for simply reporting about a child rape grooming case involving that thirld world trash. Or God forbid a joke on facebook"

Comment

• Robinson's an Alt Right asshole who's constantly screeching about Islam and has called for the mass expulsion of Muslims from Europe. He has a long history of arrests & convictions, including street fights, involvement in soccer riots, fraud and trying to enter the US with a fake passport. He's been a leader in one "white pride" group after another.

Robinson was hit with a contempt of court citation in 2017 for illegally filming a court proceeding but got a suspended sentence. This week he broke the conditions of the suspended sentence and was arrested. Boo hoo hoo

The anti-Muslim activist was arrested after filming outside a courthouse in Leeds. He later pleaded guilty to contempt of court.

Comment

Working...
                                X