No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Around 20 Patriots didn't go to the White House last year in protest...Trump didn't dis-invite the entire team like he just did the Eagles. Guess that's because Kraft, Belichick, and Brady are all Trump gobblers whereas the Eagles owner was secretly recorded calling Trump a "disaster"

Some snowflakes just can't accept criticism gracefully.

Comment

• Talent loves it when I give arcane procedural updates...SO HERE GOES!!

The special master has reviewed 291,770 items from Michael Cohen's phones and IPad and has concluded that a whopping 148 items are privileged.

Will attorney-client privilege ever be the same again???

Comment

• This is a big development in the Manafort case. Just tonight Mueller has requested that his release/bail be revoked because they have evidence he has been tampering with witnesses while under house arrest.

FBI Special Agent Brock Domin, in a declaration filed with Mueller?s motion, said Manafort had attempted to call, text and send encrypted messages in February to two people from ?The Hapsburg Group,? a firm he worked with to promote the interests of Ukraine.

The FBI has documents and statements from the two people, as well as telephone records and documents recovered through a search of Manafort?s iCloud account showing that Trump?s former campaign manager attempted communication while he was out on bail, according to Domin.

The communications were ?in an effort to influence their testimony and to otherwise conceal evidence,? Domin wrote. ?The investigation into this matter is ongoing.?

Comment

• Witch Hunt!
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Yes from crimes that occured 10 years before PDJT announced his candidacy. Witch hunt fo sho

Comment

• Yawn
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Kentucky Crowd Cheers Valedictorian?s Trump Quote, Then Learns Obama Said It

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/04/u...imes&smtyp=cur

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                  Kentucky Crowd Cheers Valedictorian?s Trump Quote, Then Learns Obama Said It

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/04/u...imes&smtyp=cur

Heh, good stuff.

Back to the Eagles for just a bit, before Trump and his sycophants flood the airwaves with lies and this culture war BS that sells well

1) Not a single member of the Eagles took a knee during the anthem in the regular season or postseason last year.

2) People around the team say that the number of players who were going to attend was 'very low'. On a 53-man roster that means what? Maybe 10? 12?

3) When Trump says the players didn't want to attend because they don't think you should stand for the anthem, he's lying. It's because they don't like HIM.

4) Rather than suffer the humiliation of having only 10 people show up and pretend they are thrilled to meet him, he cancelled the event and will hold a "patriot's rally" filled with anthem-singing and flag-hugging instead.

Comment

• Talent

This time it's direct from Trump's mouth, no article misquoting him like I used a few weeks ago. Obviously he's pissed about the Eagles embarrassing him and is ready to go after the entire NFL because of it. Now he says that staying in the locker room is just as disrespectful as kneeling on the field.

"The Philadelphia Eagles Football Team was invited to the White House. Unfortunately, only a small number of players decided to come, and we canceled the event. Staying in the Locker Room for the playing of our National Anthem is as disrespectful to our country as kneeling. Sorry!" - Kaiser Trump

Comment

• Back to the "entitled athlete v. selfless veteran" well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        This is a big development in the Manafort case. Just tonight Mueller has requested that his release/bail be revoked because they have evidence he has been tampering with witnesses while under house arrest.

FBI Special Agent Brock Domin, in a declaration filed with Mueller?s motion, said Manafort had attempted to call, text and send encrypted messages in February to two people from ?The Hapsburg Group,? a firm he worked with to promote the interests of Ukraine.

The FBI has documents and statements from the two people, as well as telephone records and documents recovered through a search of Manafort?s iCloud account showing that Trump?s former campaign manager attempted communication while he was out on bail, according to Domin.

The communications were ?in an effort to influence their testimony and to otherwise conceal evidence,? Domin wrote. ?The investigation into this matter is ongoing.?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1J1043
                        The laughable part about Manafort at this point is that he is one of the more savvy figures within the Trump hierarchy... and he has negotiated all events since tangling with Mueller with a considerable amount of recklessness/bravado -- and it clearly isn't paying off.

If Muelller has tracked Manafort that closely for tampering -- doesn't bode well for anyone else that may be under similar scrutiny -- unless ofc it is all made up and/or I'm projecting too much intelligence on Manafort and Trump is actually still considered prime genius.

Comment

• DSL ..... I found this Atlantic Article to be an easy read about Aluminum and Steel tariff's where I think there is general agreement that these are a bad idea. That's because they fail to target imports from countries that are, from a trade perspective, behaving badly.

Given Trump's penchant to create a reality that he feels his base can understand, i.e., defining America's Trade deficits with China, US farming industries being treated unfairly by Canada and so forth as reflective of America taking it in the ass, I still believe what is really going on is the Trump administration putting pressure on China, et. al. to clean up their trade practices with the US in certain industries, such as IP, AI - and the myriad industries that spring forth from them, e.g., robotics, GPS and self driving cars. I don't think this is at all about deficits as, I agree with you, ...... so what.

The pressure is aimed at changing the tone of negotiations within two trade regulating entities the WTO and NAFTA. The G7 Summit coming up is probably also a target of this tough trade talk. I don't think we can predict outcomes at this point and it's easy to dime PDJT's trade talk because, it is, fundamentally, dumb ...... but that's what Trump believes his audience will react to positively and for the most part he is right, the left being the obvious exception.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• DSL:

Since you seem to be wildly obsessed with the NFL and PDJT -- better than following the Browns, I suppose -- PDJT has said now, on two occasions, that he thinks staying in the locker room is disrespectful. But in the same breath he's said that, despite this, he likes the NFL policy. So, I mean...whatever.

Doesn't Vox have some new bit of BOMBSHELL information out today?

Finally, on the privilege stuff. When I was a junior associate I was in charge of fighting over privileged documents in a case. This involves a tedious letter writing campaign, multiple calls and then, eventually, a motion to the court. All very billable. Huzzah. Anywho, I had to deal with a fucktwat Long Island bum that kept insisting that something like 155 our the documents we identified on our privilege log weren't actually privileged. So, eventually it results in motion practice and eventually the Judge reviews the documents in camera (privately for those not blessed to drink from the educational waters of Cayuga). After the review the Judge ordered us to produced 0 out of the 155. Suck it, Hempstead fucks! I should note, that over the course of the process we produced roughly 30 documents that we felt wouldn't hold up to scrutiny. The idea being that if it's going to motion practice, the Judge will look at them and you don't want to blow your credibility by having him look at anything other than entirely credible privilege claims.

That didn't seem to be the approach of Cohen.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Everything is billable to you vultures...I fully expect an invoice from this little exchange...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                                DSL ..... I found this Atlantic Article to be an easy read about Aluminum and Steel tariff's where I think there is general agreement that these are a bad idea. That's because they fail to target imports from countries that are, from a trade perspective, behaving badly.

Given Trump's penchant to create a reality that he feels his base can understand, i.e., defining America's Trade deficits with China, US farming industries being treated unfairly by Canada and so forth as reflective of America taking it in the ass, I still believe what is really going on is the Trump administration putting pressure on China, et. al. to clean up their trade practices with the US in certain industries, such as IP, AI - and the myriad industries that spring forth from them, e.g., robotics, GPS and self driving cars. I don't think this is at all about deficits as, I agree with you, ...... so what.

The pressure is aimed at changing the tone of negotiations within two trade regulating entities the WTO and NAFTA. The G7 Summit coming up is probably also a target of this tough trade talk. I don't think we can predict outcomes at this point and it's easy to dime PDJT's trade talk because, it is, fundamentally, dumb ...... but that's what Trump believes his audience will react to positively and for the most part he is right, the left being the obvious exception.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...d-ones/561854/
                                In terms of Canada, the steel tariffs screw them mightily. They import the steel from us, use it in factories that are in many cases American corporations, then the finished product is shipped back here to sell. Especially if we start taxing the import as well, American companies are going to do the cost annalist, and they will decide that it is cheaper to just use American steel, and build the product in America for an American market, rather than getting double taxed crossing the northern border twice.

I still think tariffs are a bad idea, but I also suspect you are right, that this is a way for us to force a better deal in term of NAFTA as I think negotiations have stalled.

Comment

Working...
                                X