No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The American Legion reacts to the news that Trump's proposed military parade down Pennsylvania Ave will cost $92 M minimum. You know, the kind of baddass parades they have in China and North Korea.

(If you can't see Twitter, they say that money would be better spent on the VA)

The Pentagon has since announced that the parade probably won't be tll 2019 at the earliest now.

Comment

• It's like the whole nation is screaming at Trump "BUY A FUCKING VOWEL!!!!!"
      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Jesus. The hits just keep coming with this fucking moron.

Screenshot 2018-08-16 at 8.03.08 PM.png
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Jon, I got from the article that the background machinery operating within US social media and broadcast media the author is talking about is, indeed, set up to optimize participation/viewers. That, in turn, generates revenue. The Russians, for example, clearly aren't revenue driven. Their goal is the disruption of liberal democracies through accelerating hate and discontent in hot button topics (abortion, #MeToo, BLM, gun control, etc.).
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The Macraven rebuke is irrelevant. Just as the McMaster departure was meaningless. Just as the Brennan criticism meant nothing. same can be said for all other departures and IC/military vocal opposition to Trump.

Most of these guys are literal pillars of their respective professional communities. Their whole careers are called into question on a vindictive whim.

kapture please post your basic training ship date.
            Last edited by millenwasmyfavorite; August 16, 2018, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• Yes the hits do keep coming...well unless you play in the NFL.

Comment

• Six former heads of the CIA and five former Deputy CIA officers sign on to a statement criticizing Trump for stripping Brenna's clearance out of political spite.

Kapture and Crash will call them all traitors.

William Webster (1987-1991)
                George Tenet (1997-2004)
                Porter Goss (2005-2006)
                Michael Hayden (2006-2009)
                Leon Panetta (2009-2011)
                David Petraeus (2011-2012)

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                  Yes the hits do keep coming...well unless you play in the NFL.

He ducked his head and made contact with the crown of the helmet.

Hell, 40 years ago, I was taught to put my facemask right in the middle of the ball carrier's chest.

You gotta keep your head up when you tackle.

Every one of these penalties that the announcers are going nuts about has been called because the tackler doesn't keep his head up. It seems pretty simple to me.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Whoever your coach was 40 years ago was horrible. But times have changed, how to you throw your shoulder into a tackle by keeping your head up?

Comment

• The defender made contact with his sholderpads. Helmet was in front of the ball carrier, which is the correct way to tackle from the side. If your head is on the other side, behind the ball carrier, you are tackling with the arms and that won't cut it in varsity let alone pro ball. Defender had to angle in to take away the cutback lane. See his sholders angled to the sideline? He will give up the outside but cant give up the middle of the field. Or it's a TD. The defender can not tackle squared up with the ball carrier, gives him two lanes rather than one.

if that's a penalty these days, im not missing much.
                      Last edited by Kapture1; August 16, 2018, 11:01 PM.

Comment

• if you weren't taught to keep your head up and plant your facemask on the target you were taught wrong.

Sorry you were so deprived.

Ducking your head is how you break your fucking neck. Ask Ryan Shazier.
                        Last edited by CGVT; August 16, 2018, 11:03 PM.

Comment

• 37%

uLx0foR.jpg

Comment

• The defender made contact with his sholderpads. Helmet was in front of the ball carrier, which is the correct way to tackle from the side.

If you keep your head up like CGVT says is 'pretty simple' - the defender is going to get trucked every time - whether its 5 yards or a broken tackle for a long run.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                              if you weren't taught to keep your head up and plant your facemask on the target you were taught wrong.

Sorry you were so deprived.

Ducking your head is how you break your fucking neck. Ask Ryan Shazier.
                              Not when tackling from an angle. Sorry you road the fucking bench, got dressed up in game unis for picture day.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post

If you keep your head up like CGVT says is 'pretty simple' - the defender is going to get trucked every time - whether its 5 yards or a broken tackle for a long run.

No doubt about it, especially with the speed and strength at that level. Maybe when youre sacking a QB in the pocket, or RB in the hole before they get full steam, but absolutely not in that situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X