No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it's locked up tighter than a drum. If some random non-WH official can go to the president's desk in the Oval Office and take papers so Trump can't sign them that is a larger issue than the anonymous OpEd piece.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
      I think it's locked up tighter than a drum. If some random non-WH official can go to the president's desk in the Oval Office and take papers so Trump can't sign them that is a larger issue than the anonymous OpEd piece.
      I wouldn't think so either

mind you the only basis of information i have is watching The West Wing, and in it access to the Oval seems to be common. YMMV

Comment

• In 1989 I and my family got a personal private tour of the Oval Office as well as other areas in the White House not open to the general public. If I had known then that the Pres left major documents on his desk I might have taken a peek.

Comment

• first of all its the new York times

a sanction of honest journalism since trump became president

I'm sure the NYT being the leaker's choice of publication says something.

seems like the NYT has been the source of many a leak through the intelligence agencies

based on captures story about the russain oligarths being closer to our intelligence being reported today seems like our intelligence saw that coming and may have given the NYT that particular story yesterday to head captures story off.

anyway there certainly is a lot of talk also about Andrew weissman being ohrs go to guy in the fbi concerning the dossier. and of course weissman jjust happens to be muellers #2 on this collusion investigation

funny how capture and myself cite names places documents connections you know--things called evidence

there is a paper trail

while so many of the anittrumpers cite ...............................anonymous

Comment

• Besides where does this crap come from that Trump is the "duly elected president" He lost the popular vote by more than 1,000,000 votes. He won under a corrupt "electoral college" vote system set up by the founding fathers (who denied the vote to over half the population) because they did not trust the white landowner men who had the vote to do the right thing.

Comment

• I trust the NY Times to tell the truth much more than the pathological liar that occupies the Oval Office.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• "crash course" Hmm sounds about right for where you are headed

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                  Besides where does this crap come from that Trump is the "duly elected president" He lost the popular vote by more than 1,000,000 votes. He won under a corrupt "electoral college" vote system set up by the founding fathers (who denied the vote to over half the population) because they did not trust the white landowner men who had the vote to do the right thing.
                  lol

That is like saying "well we had fewer points than Notre Dame at the end of the game, BUT WE HAD MORE YARDS!!!!" or "Yeah, you put me in checkmate, but I have more pieces left"

you can't agree to a rule set for a contest, then shift the goal posts after you don't get the result you wanted. Well, you can but that makes you a bitch.
                  Last edited by Kapture1; September 6, 2018, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• Yeah, the electoral college is the rule. There's really nothing else that needs to be said. If you want to change it, the ingenuity of the Founding Fathers provides a mechanism to do so.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Cory Booker's BOMBSHELL

Dma9-H3UYAEMdlE.jpg

lol

Comment

• Booker is a total clown. DJT might have a fighting chance in 2020 if he gets Booker.

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• You can't blame Booker. He had to do something to grab attention away from Harris. No choice in the matter.

Comment

• Uggh. The 2020 election is going to be an even worse choice than the 2016 election. I'm going to write in William Tecumseh Sherman and hope for the best.

Comment

• Sure, 2020 maybe worse than 2016, but at least it'll be better than 2024.

Comment

Working...
                                X