Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
    Kap, interesting piece. I'm not trained in the law so, no comment on this author's take on it.

Earlier, you claimed the circumstances at hand involve process crimes. I responded that directing or encouraging a process crime is a crime. Now we seem to be dealing with finer points of the law in that piece involving Campaign Finance rules.

Fundamentally, I think the fine points of campaign finance law is immaterial to what the American public needs to know and Congress needs to act on. Because of his own personal actions that are coming to light, those accusations apparently corroborated by DOJ, Trump's ability to carry out his duties as President have, IMO, been compromised.
    who did he tell to lie to investigators? Because that is what you are accusing him of.

Process crime : lying to investigators / perjury
    Directing or encouraging a process crime : directing or encouraging others to lie to investigators / commit perjury

I have seen what is out there, and there is no evidence, or even suggestion that Trump told Flynn, Manafort, Cohen, or PapaD to lie or commit perjury. none. there is nothing out there that indicates this. Even Cohen doesn't suggest this... He claimed that he lied to congress out of his sense of loyalty to the president. He didn't say that Trump asked him to lie, or instructed him to lie.

all of that aside, federal prosecutors have in fact charged people for crimes they didn't commit. What happens is they get their day in a court of law, as the fundamental basis of our legal system is innocent until proven guilty. Cohen didn't want to fight the charge in court, neither did the other party. Court is rather expensive. So because they themselves didn't want to fight these charges in court, and they carried with them no jail time or fines, that doesn't mean Trump isn't afforded the same option, to fight in court to clear his name. It doesn't mean that Trump is guilty of anything.

Given the unique circumstance of Trump's position, he is the only person in the country that CAN NOT go clear his name in court, even if he wanted to. Trump is stuck. this was done to embarrass and damage him politically. If he wanted to fight this charge, he would need to resign, or not run for re-election. or lose his election. Those are some shitty options. Still doesn't make him guilty of shit.
    Last edited by Kapture1; December 14, 2018, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• Bloomberg is announcing that Chris Christy has been picked as the new WH Chief of Staff. They did go out of their way to state that no announcement has been made yet so its not official.

I guess this means that Beltway bridges will be closed on days when the House votes on bills that Trump doesn't like.
      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Christie's ascendacy to COS was short lived as he withdrew. That would have been great with Javanka still around.
        Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie withdrew from consideration for the White House chief of staff job on Friday, a day after he met with President Trump to discuss it.

Comment

• Gonna end up being Melania

Comment

• Hottest COS in history

Comment

• I'm rooting for Rudy or Omaraosa

Comment

• It's a huge honor just to be nominated but I'd like to decline the honor at this time.

Comment

• Jesus. Even Chrs Christie turned the Orange Monkey down.

Trump is a fucking clown
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• How about you CGVT? Interested in serving your country again?

Comment

• Oh boy this is funny ha ha

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        How about you CGVT? Interested in serving your country again?
                        Ha! But there are people lining up for the job. Lots of people. Tens of people. And the best people, too. At least that's what people are saying. Believe me...

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I think you are the most qualified though.

Comment

• And we're still alive
                            They said we would be neanderthals by now, savages scraping ourselves with pieces of broken pottery every time our cat videos wouldnt buffer. But the Internet apocalypse hasnt happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              I think you are the most qualified though.
                              Probably ;)

Comment

• glx5464xoa421.jpg?width=804&auto=webp&s=54729771222c2a6df03f6699c50584fa397dba2f.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X