Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Why are no republicans standing up and defending the president?"

Well, I think we have known for a long time the Trump is a liar and that his campaign and presidency are mostly about advancing his business interests. Beyond that, it's about showing people he deals with who's in charge. I've got no problem with his ME policy except his tolerance of SA's BS. Trade policy? I like most of it - not all. Deregulation? Go for it. Boarder security? Spot on except his insistence on the wall. Immigration? Decent start but needs improvement. On the idea that he properly represents conservative ideals? I think at times he does but he fucks that up by being a dick.

My take is that in some instances he's listening to some of the people in his administration that know a shit ton more than he could every hope to know or understand about policy. Sometimes he acts on it.

None of his actions based on said good policy advisement, though, overcome the reality that fundamentally, Trump lacks the skill sets the President of the United States needs to represent the face of it. He's a national and international embarrassment by his conduct both in the past and the present, IMO.

People get to a point that no matter that you might agree with him on some substantive policy issues, some of his actions that represent conservative ideals, you can't get past his dickishness, his egocentricity and his kleptocratic behavior. That's where I am and it's probably time for him to step aside. Voluntarily would be the best case but that isn't going to happen and I doubt Congress has the balls to impeach him ....... let alone the difficult task that would be.

As for Cohen's testimony, I agree with you Jon but I think if Cohen were actually under oath, that wouldn't make any difference. He too is a proven liar and I doubt testifying under oath would change his behavior in that regard. But, frankly, truth or lies coming out of Cohen's lips really doesn't change the reality that he is an insider, a former confidant of Trump's, who's stripping him naked. The Emperor truly doesn't have any cloths on.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      yeah, wanna know why? because the dems had his opening statement yesterday, as did the media. Republicans first saw it when it hit the news this morning at 10 am. It is actually a violation of the rules, but that doesn't matter to democrats.

Comment

The GOP operative who allegedly committed election fraud in North Carolina was indicted today on a bunch of obstruction charges

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.a36b8bcbb551
        It's astonishing that there's just no bandwidth to pay attention to the election rigging, but it is what it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

yeah, wanna know why? because the dems had his opening statement yesterday, as did the media. Republicans first saw it when it hit the news this morning at 10 am. It is actually a violation of the rules, but that doesn't matter to democrats.
          I saw it last night. Republicans don't have internet?

Comment

• The Indians and Pakistanis are both claiming that they have shot down each others aircraft over Kashmir. India has acknowledged the loss of one aircraft and a missing pilot.

My question. WTF is India doing still flying MIG 21s? That's the aircraft in the picture of Pakistan's shoot down claim. These aircraft are ancient, lack any kind of equipment to detect threats (like a missile lock-on or threat radar detection). Crazy shit. It's like sending one of our pilots on a combat mission in a 50s version, North American Saber jet.

It would be interesting to learn how this Indian MIG was bagged. If the shoot down was an air to air engagement it would be like shooting fish in a barrel. Another interesting tid-bit. The Pakistani's fly a multi-mission fighter called the JF-17. It's a poor man's version of a fighter but it's a pretty modern and decent aircraft. The aircraft itself is based on, no surprise, Chinese technology and aeronautical engineering. It's development and operational introduction in 2017 to the Pakistani Air Force was a joint Chinese/Pakistani undertaking.

You can extrapolate a bit from this. I mentioned yesterday I was pretty sure the US was providing intelligence support to the Indians. The Chinese are likely doing the same for the Pakistanis. This sort of thing, while not new, represents how the major powers conduct warfare with their adversaries in the current age. Were Chinese pilots flying the Pakistani JF-17s? Interesting question.
            Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; February 27, 2019, 01:42 PM.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• If he lies under oath to congress it can increase his prison sentence as he's already going to server time for lying to congress.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post

I saw it last night. Republicans don't have internet?
                Committee rules require witnesses to provide their testimony to Congress 24 hours in advance of a hearing (including the minority party), not that they can just read it in the news the night before / morning of. Dems got a copy, as did the media.
                Last edited by Kapture1; February 27, 2019, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• The Michael Cohen face turn is probably the best story of the Trump presidency. It demonstrates to everyone that you can always turn it around. A true hero.

I have been waiting years for the Daniel Bryan heal turn and had almost given up. It has to rank up there with the best, but in reality it just goes back to his preaching roots - before the stupid 'Yes Movement'

Comment

• It didn't hear that on the Prague thing, but that would be consistent with what he has been saying. But his denials always have left a little wiggle room.
                    This one didn't. But, then again, the Steele Dossier is so widely discredited this can't possibly be a surprise.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Quite a few of the Republicans have now complained about Cohen's future "book deals". Only reason I can think of that they're obsessed with this is because Trump himself uses the "book deal" language all the time to explain away former advisers who flip on him. I think he has claimed at least once that this should be 'illegal'

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                        My question. WTF is India doing still flying MIG 21s?
                        The Indian AF uses Su-30K Flanker as their primary air superiority fighter. Most MIG-21s were supposed to be retired in 2016, but Russia sold them Bison upgrades so they've kept about a hundred. Pakistan, on the other hand found that the Chinese are a lot cheaper to work with than the Americans. A modified ("joint design") Chinese FC-1 Xiaolong is what the Pakis use (redesignated as JF-17). Sounds like that the India-Paki incident was similar to a battle between an F-105 and an early F-16.
                        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          If he lies under oath to congress it can increase his prison sentence as he's already going to server time for lying to congress.
                          No. Congress cannot increase or decrease any sentence that the judicial branch has ruled upon.

Comment

• Jon: I just noticed you are no longer a "Senior Member" but rather a "Proud Deep State Agent". I didn't know you worked for the government!

Comment

Quite a few of the Republicans have now complained about Cohen's future "book deals". Only reason I can think of that they're obsessed with this is because Trump himself uses the "book deal" language all the time to explain away former advisers who flip on him. I think he has claimed at least once that this should be 'illegal'
                              I don't know that Cohen is going to write a book but I assume he is because there are enough suckers out there that are hailing him the HERO of the REPUBLIC lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

No. Congress cannot increase or decrease any sentence that the judicial branch has ruled upon.
                                Where in the world did I say congress could increase or decrease a sentence. Duh, no shit. If you lie to congress you can get another additional charge.

Comment

Working...
                                X