No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how dare he take 2 min and comment on a national sports race like you did. Almost as if he thinks he's human or something.

Comment

• D5zmRArXoAMf1X4.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
        how dare he take 2 min and comment on a national sports race like you did. Almost as if he thinks he's human or something.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Just got back from a pinball expo - 350 games all set to free play. The oldest one there this year was owned by a friend of mine, a 1932 Ballyhoo. I like the 1970s machines best, but there were a couple of notable ones.

A 1951 Rose Bowl machine

1951 Rose.jpg

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• GoT.jpg

A 2016 GoT. 3 variants ($7k - $10k new), currently sold out at the manufacturer. Nice playable machine with good action.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Look at these guys, seriously how can I ever be in a bad mood waking up to this ( the chubby trouble maker on the right is mine). Other is my friends.

D51hCjcWkAEvLWH.jpg

Comment

• D502rSEWwAYCkkO.jpg:small.jpg

Comment

• uhhhhh, so this is a bit eyebrow-raising. What's going on?

D52C4P_XoAEaZXM.jpg:small.jpg

Comment

• Israel is kicking the shit out of Hamas in Gaza and probably Iranian Revolutionary Guards Units that are there as well. The Iranians blame the US for green-lighting Netanyahu.

In other troubling news for President Deals, Trump tried to light a fire under the Chinese by stating today he will impose his threatened 25% tariffs on Chinese goods Friday in an attempt to close the trade negotiations by that time. China says they're walking. Dow futures are down 450 points.

If this actually happens, despite generally supporting talks on the denuclearization of NK with Kim and serious trade negotiations with Xi, I dislike Trump's winner take all approach. His bluster is going to sink any chance that good things will come out of either of these Trump administration initiatives.

Like I've said, his policies are decent. That he is an ass-clown negatively impacts the potential for achieving success with them.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• ........ I read an article at NRO last week about learning lessons today from a long ago Venezuelan Crisis that brought Teddy Roosevelt to apply the Monroe Doctrine when European Powers were attempting to gain a foothold in South America by propping up an unpopular dictator who had overseen the Venezuelan's government borrowing a shit ton of money from both the UK and Germany. TR, as he was famous for, spoke softly, but carried a big stick advising the Brits and the Germans to GTFO ..... and he sailed the US Caribbean Fleet off Venezuela's coastline as a show of force. The Brits and Germans backed off.

So, you've got Bolten and Pompeo, both pretty staunch hawks, neh, Neocons of the first order, esp. Bolton, in charge and sort-of repeating that approach but this time with the Iranians basically sending strong messaging that the US is not going to put up with their war fighting v. Israel using thier proxy forces, armed and trained by the Iranians in the name of Hamas. You can see this playing out in Venezuela too with Guido. The article speaks to the necessity of the US to not let China and Russia gain footholds in South America.

Foreign powers should take heed not to suddenly wake the sleeping giant just beginning to shrug off its post-Cold War strategic slumber.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The longest zipper in existence

wvgtctmc8ew21.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                              ....In other troubling news for President Deals, Trump tried to light a fire under the Chinese by stating today he will impose his threatened 25% tariffs on Chinese goods Friday in an attempt to close the trade negotiations by that time. China says they're walking. Dow futures are down 450 points......

Part of the issue is that doesn't seem to comprehend how tariffs actually work. Or perhaps its the self perceived "positive press" generated by his "tough guy" approach that he values most and who cares about reality. Have you seen his recent tweets? How the billions he's taken "from China" is fueling our economy? It's American companies paying the bill, not China. I recently bought something directly from a mainland Chinese manufacturer. The email confirmation of my purchase was a bit higher than the advertised cost. Since the product was bought directly by me with no middleman, I found a line item on the receipt for "tariff". Maybe the proclamations of Chinese payments and how its great for the economy is for the slack jawed base, not people with an IQ above 50.

Look at what Chump's policies have done to farmers. Wiping them out at a record rate, soon there will only be mega-corp farms. Reduction in sales to China has left product rotting in warehouses. He's bailed out farmers (wait - aren't bail outs bad?) and essentially created a new class of GOP hated 'welfare queens' - you know, people who can't cut it for whatever reason and need gov't money.
                              The Dow? 500 points is little more than reducing the over priced nature of the market. We can see that sort of bounce in 48 hours. If it were 5000 points, it'd be different. The drop simply reflects buyer displeasure with Trump's actions. But as everyone knows, doesn't care about anything beyond optics.

Comment

• Bolton often gets called a NeoCon but he's really a PaleoCon. NeoCons are a lot more idealistic.

Gonna be a wild week for stocks by the looks of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X