No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I blame parents. My wife helps out at our local grade school and you'd be amazed at how many parents "protect" their kids from having any issues... They will go after teachers for bad grades, ask why the school isn't punishing other kids cause their daughter had a bad day at recess ( she wanted to do one thing and her friends another... So she cried), etc... It's getting worse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• There's a large number of truly screwed up kids whose parents indulge them, no question.

I've been down the road of fretting about the future given what we see in these indulged children. When that happens, I think about all the kids I met that were friends of my second youngest daughter who is now 28, has earned a PhD in Biomedical Engineering and works in Switzerland. There were lots of them. Every one of them were standouts in there high school and college programs of study. They were ambitious and full of energy.

It is this cream that rises to the top and will power the future. Certainly, there needs to be concern for an underclass of dependent citizens. That's nothing new but the numbers will be higher. It's this realty that makes the social services and safety nets that unrestrained liberalism demands that keep driving me back to conservatism.

It is too bad that the Republican Party hasn't figured out a way to mobilize and engage those of us who recognize the threat posed by this enlarging underclass of dependent, low end performers to national stability. Of course, that kind of talk is not PC.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
        I blame parents. My wife helps out at our local grade school and you'd be amazed at how many parents "protect" their kids from having any issues... They will go after teachers for bad grades, ask why the school isn't punishing other kids cause their daughter had a bad day at recess ( she wanted to do one thing and her friends another... So she cried), etc... It's getting worse.

This, and a myriad of those things like it, are why my mother quit teaching.

IDK what the cause is...I'd blame the Safety Nazis, who are been grinding this country's collective balls into dust for 20+ years and continuously separating people from the experience of consequences, but I don't know if that is just a symptom of a larger problem as well.

Maybe ignorance is bliss, and all of us survived a true Darwinian childhood, gleefully unaware of the millions of our compatriots who perished in obscurity, killed by unmarked escalators, standing up in shopping carts, and a lack of fighter-pilot type safety equipment in the backseat.

Or maybe its just a tangent of people's rampant self-absorption. I'd wager toward the latter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
          My 4 wheel drive rental Jeep is stuck in the hotel parking lot. Still no 'weather bulletin' at Delta. For $800 in change fees and fare difference, I can make it to Detroit. On Saturday. %$^$# Easter travellers.
          Have a runza. It will make it all better.

Comment

• Here is some of the email sent by the president of the university. Can anyone decipher what the fuck he is talking about? I lost my nonsense to English translation dictionary.

In his University-wide email, Wagner wrote that he intends to implement “immediate refinements to certain policy and procedural deficiencies, regular and structured opportunities for difficult dialogues, a formal process to institutionalize identification, review and [the] addressing of social justice opportunities and issues and a commitment to an annual retreat to renew our efforts.”

Comment

• That's ivory tower speak for "Your mommy and daddy are paying me big bucks to coddle your intellectually and emotionally stunted widdle brains into thinking you make a difference in the world by whining about nonexistent, self created crisis. I will pander to you with eloquent blather on your journey into unemployment as you develop a deep sense of resentment because some individuals fail to see your God given right to entitlement and oh so frothy political correctness."

Or something like that.
              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                Here is some of the email sent by the president of the university. Can anyone decipher what the fuck he is talking about? I lost my nonsense to English translation dictionary.

In his University-wide email, Wagner wrote that he intends to implement ?immediate refinements to certain policy and procedural deficiencies, regular and structured opportunities for difficult dialogues, a formal process to institutionalize identification, review and [the] addressing of social justice opportunities and issues and a commitment to an annual retreat to renew our efforts.?
                It takes great talent to write that caliber of gobbldygook,.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                  Have a runza. It will make it all better.
                  Sounds like something to give you the trots ...
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

That's ivory tower speak for "Your mommy and daddy are paying me big bucks to coddle your intellectually and emotionally stunted widdle brains into thinking you make a difference in the world by whining about nonexistent, self created crisis. I will pander to you with eloquent blather on your journey into unemployment as you develop a deep sense of resentment because some individuals fail to see your God given right to entitlement and oh so frothy political correctness."

Or something like that.
                    I think you nailed it, my friend ...
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• mmmmmm.....runza....

Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                        Sounds like something to give you the trots ...
                        Definitely, for a first-timer. But it will take his mind off his travel woes for a while. Hence...better, as promised.

Comment

That's ivory tower speak for "Your mommy and daddy are paying me big bucks to coddle your intellectually and emotionally stunted widdle brains into thinking you make a difference in the world by whining about nonexistent, self created crisis. I will pander to you with eloquent blather on your journey into unemployment as you develop a deep sense of resentment because some individuals fail to see your God given right to entitlement and oh so frothy political correctness."

Or something like that.
                          A+ Jon. And not just one of those phony grades that are handed out nowadays like candy from a Pez dispenser. You earned it!

Comment

• This is the thread of miscellaneous and off topic stuff, and this is certainly that. Take some time and watch this video of a guy cutting down a tree in close quarters. Go to the 2:00 mark and watch the last 1:30 or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              ... You earned it!...

Nah, just good translation skills from 25 years deep into the corporate world.
                              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                                I blame parents. My wife helps out at our local grade school and you'd be amazed at how many parents "protect" their kids from having any issues... They will go after teachers for bad grades, ask why the school isn't punishing other kids cause their daughter had a bad day at recess ( she wanted to do one thing and her friends another... So she cried), etc... It's getting worse.

I blame your parents too.
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X