No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I put the onus on the public. We're just collectively too fucking stupid and are getting the exact candidates we deserve.

Comment

• The presidential primaries (and caucuses) serve one purpose. To enable a political party to select its candidate. It's not an election and the organization should have the ability to set its rules for nominating its candidate.

Personally in Washington, they got rid of "parties" at the state level with the top two vote getters going to the general ballot. The candidates all list how they prefer to be listed in the ballot. For example the governors race a while ago said "Dino Rossi prefers GOP party." So long as you pay the fee and have the signatures you on on the ballot.
      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

I would expect ice in an iced coffee

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• That pisses me off too. You can either get more than 70 ice cubes in a drink there, or less than 3. Those are your two options. That said, it did not occur to me to sue for $5 million.

Comment

• Cruz heckled across the Hoosier state

Candidate is heckled by a child, quizzed about his birthplace and facing questions over whether he’s a serial killer – all while polling behind in Indiana

Comment

• America is better... Without you. Cruz should return to his bat cave before he gets hurt out there.

Comment

• Food industry groups trying to pressure Congress to exempt them from FOIA laws

United Egg Producers, National Cattlemen’s Beef Association and National Pork Producers Council are proposing a change to the Freedom of Information Act

Comment

• Cruz is collapsing spectactularly now. He was being propped up for a couple of months by the anti-Trump media and some big anti-Trump donors. Since a few weeks ago, when the memo went out at Fox News to start being nice to Trump and Trump went into "Presidential Mode", Cruz has been dropping like a rock. It's typical of what happens to Republicans who are getting propped up by the media and then that media turns on them. It always completely blindsides them. Trump took a lot of shit for how he handled protestors. Cruz was especially harsh on Trump in that regard. Turns out, nobody handles protestors or hecklers particularly well. It's hard to do. Cruz is getting put on a level playing field with Trump and failing miserably.

New poll shows Trump over 50% in California now and he may get 50% today in Indiana. Trump might evan want to campaign in Nebraska later this week to score the knockout punch since Cruz's contested convention strategy requires a clean sweep of Montana and Nebraska.
                  Last edited by Hannibal; May 3, 2016, 07:28 AM.

Comment

• Cruz is a drowning man. flailing wildly. Trump's about to toss him a cinder block labeled Indiana.

It doesn't matter how bad TC gets beat. He'll keep going until the convention where his consolation prize will be a prime time speech. He's basically a lobotomized pit bull. Look at the gov't shutdown he managed. Everyone on the planet told him don't do it, your political blackmail won't work, innocent working people will be adversely affected, and yet he does it anyway - gleefully at that. ("I'm true to my principles.") What he can take from 2016 is that he is the only politician in the country more repellent than Donald Trump.

The GOP hates America and it's people. By offering up either of that dynamic duo as it's standard bearer, it has guaranteed four years of Hillary Clinton. Thanks a freakin' lot. The Repubs couldn't help them Dems any better if the DNC ran the GOP. Wait a minute, that sounds like a great conspiracy theory!

Maybe you're right Mike. Maybe we do deserve what we're getting. This election cycle is so pathetic that even the French laugh at us. Ugh.
                    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• An informed citizenry requires people to a) take the time to be informed and b) have the ability. Given that most of what people can access to read is spin these days, it takes longer and longer to cut through the bullshit and actually know what's going on. I think it's clear from this thread, which is a collection of rather intelligent people, that people can stay current and clear on some things but not all. We've all got our spots where we know and where we don't.

Is that our collective fault? That's an interesting discussion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        America is better... Without you. Cruz should return to his bat cave before he gets hurt out there.

while I agree, I don't agree with people trying to silence him. That is more dangerous in the long run. Object, fine. But he has a right to talk and EVERYONE should support that right.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                          while I agree, I don't agree with people trying to silence him. That is more dangerous in the long run. Object, fine. But he has a right to talk and EVERYONE should support that right.
                          STFU

Comment

• Who is trying to silence him? I hear a lot of people explaining that he is a miserable human being who should do everyone a favor and realize his campaign is DOA but I that doesn't equate to "silencing" IMO.

Comment

• kid who was removed was shouting shut up.. so were others in the crowd. They were trying to inhibit his ability to speak.

How is that not trying to silence someone?

Comment

• How is that unlike every other political rally for any candidate?

Comment

Working...
                                X