Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Clintons are consistent... They are very much a living representation of the house of cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
        Clintons are consistent... They are very much a living representation of the house of cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Pretty much. Good thing I like the Underwoods.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
          The bigger question is, does anyone really give a shit about the emails?

Nothing burger.
          IMO it's wrong. Very wrong. But the people who care the most are just in a witch hunt or else they'd be off obsessing about other bigger things.

Comment

• I think it was done out of convenience and it became a crumb for the Hillary haters to feast on.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Yep. It's politically motivated Kabuki theater just like the 27 Benghazi investigations. The R's obsession with the Clintons a bit disturbing. I guess they realize they can't win on merit so they try one failed gambit after another to knee-cap the competition. The HillTron 4000 cackles and rolls away.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                The bigger question is, does anyone really give a shit about the emails?.
                So you don't care that the woman about to be the President brazenly circumvented the Freedom of Information Act by conducting state business on a private e-mail server? Not to mention, violating all kinds of security protocols and committing numerous felonies in the process.

She's not the only Obama employee to do this, BTW. Lois Lerner's e-mails mysteriously went missing during an investigation into why the IRS was targeting Tea Party groups and a high ranking EPA official was busted using private e-mail to coordinate business with a Left Wing environmentalist group.

But it's all just a witch hunt amirite?

If none of this is a problem for you then you forfeit your right to ever complain about government corruption or accountability for the rest of your life.
                Last edited by Hannibal; July 1, 2016, 07:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                  I get a lot of quiet amusement watching my Republican friends and colleagues twist themselves into Gordian Knots over all the evil those slippery Clinton get away with, seemingly on a daily basis.
                  They aren't really getting away with anything as much as just not getting punished for anything because they are Democrats.
                  Last edited by Hannibal; July 1, 2016, 07:23 AM.

Comment

• It wouldn't be a witch hunt if there was an interest in applying the same standards to right-wing politicians. Saying the Democrats get away with it "just cause" encapsulates that. Insane, especially after the Bush/Cheney years. There's just no basis in fact.
                    Last edited by hack; July 1, 2016, 07:38 AM.

Comment

• I don't remember multiple investigations during the Bush-Cheney years that reached a dead end with mysteriously missing e-mails and numerous violations of federal laws pertaining to the management of information. Perhaps you can refresh my memory.

But I do remember the Repubilcans throwing Tom Delay and Newt Gingrich under the bus, to name just a couple of examples. They don't have a "circle the wagons" mentality, unfortunately. They didn't even circle the wagons around Nixon.
                      Last edited by Hannibal; July 1, 2016, 07:56 AM.

Comment

• So have we firmly established that we don't care if our elected officials violate federal laws that that any attempt to bring them to justice is a politically motivated "witch hunt"? This includes abuse of power to target political enemies (the IRS) and e-mails mysteriously going missing. Let's get everybody on the record for future reference.

Comment

• Here:

Originally posted by hack View Post
                          IMO it's wrong. Very wrong. But the people who care the most are just in a witch hunt or else they'd be off obsessing about other bigger things.

Comment

• "in order to win votes from people who hold “others” to blame for the country’s problems and theirs -- other races, other religions, other classes." a dem friend posted this on face book from an article on why republicans should vote for Hillary. I laughed as that reads like the democrat playbook..

Comment

• LOL, Entropy. I marvel at the lack of self-awareness in the world. It's like The Wizard mocking some dude fucking a lawn mower for his inability to secure non-penal human contact.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                                I don't remember multiple investigations during the Bush-Cheney years that reached a dead end with mysteriously missing e-mails and numerous violations of federal laws pertaining to the management of information. Perhaps you can refresh my memory.

But I do remember the Repubilcans throwing Tom Delay and Newt Gingrich under the bus, to name just a couple of examples. They don't have a "circle the wagons" mentality, unfortunately. They didn't even circle the wagons around Nixon.
                                Just missing pallets of cash? But, hey NBD.

Comment

Working...
                                X