Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
    I heard that the killer had on body armor and had put himself in a spot where a rush by officers could have resulted in more deaths to the officers.

I can't muster up any sympathy for the killer's demise, or how he may have died. He took up arms and declared war on the cops. He lost. As he should have.
    I am pleased that law enforcement executed him at the scene of the crime.

Statistically, Cop Killers rarely survive the encounter, ultimately saving the taxpayer millions of wasted dollars in a court of law and appeal procedures before he facing lethal injection in Texas or the Hangman's noose.

As more of the facts come in, it doesn't look good for the for either criminal in the Louisiana or Minnesota shootings.

Apparently, there was a "Be on the Lookout" for a robbery suspect that matched Castile's description. Second, he never followed protocol when carrying a concealed weapon while being pulled over by police. When asked by officers, produce legal ID as well as your CCW permit. Next, the officer will ask you where the weapon is, the Police will remove it from your body or vehicle and immediately remove all ammunition, neutralizing the weapon. Never, ever move for any reason unless instructed to do so by lawful authority.

Once your ID's are run and it's established you are clean, you get your pistol and ammo back. Routine procedure, done 100's of times a day across the US.

Second, the Louisiana assclown is cut and dry. The police were not driving around looking to shoot blacks but rather doing their job.

Police responded to a 911 call by a homeless man that had been threatened with a gun by a man that matched Sterling's description in front of the store.

Suspect the gun was illegal and probably stolen as well which helps explain the Sterling's ridiculous behavior.
    Last edited by Prime2; July 9, 2016, 12:38 PM.
    "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• Ha!

Comment

• I am a little angry, apparently, the Dallas shooter was wearing protective body armor which is illegal to buy or possess by civilians?

The only way I am aware of acquiring it, is if some of your law enforcement shooting range buddies happen to leave a ceramic plate or 5 in your trunk, followed by your wallet 2K or more short?

Shame the Dallas murderer wasn't using traditional African Kevlar & Crack Homeland protection methods.

No lifejacket, no crack, no luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
            Well, we certainly had Japan cornered and could have waited longer. We tried negotiation, too.

The argument to me is whether police can authorize lethal force in such situations and less on the tool.

Your mileage, as always, can vary.
            I agree with you that the real argument is when to use or not to use lethal force. I'm just saying that the available tools could possibly influence that decision. I have to imagine its rational to think cops are going to be more hesitant to use deadly force if it puts themselves in danger.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prime2 View Post
              I am pleased that law enforcement executed him at the scene of the crime.

Statistically, Cop Killers rarely survive the encounter, ultimately saving the taxpayer millions of wasted dollars in a court of law and appeal procedures before he facing lethal injection in Texas or the Hangman's noose.

As more of the facts come in, it doesn't look good for the for either criminal in the Louisiana or Minnesota shootings.

Apparently, there was a "Be on the Lookout" for a robbery suspect that matched Castile's description. Second, he never followed protocol when carrying a concealed weapon while being pulled over by police. When asked by officers, produce legal ID as well as your CCW permit. Next, the officer will ask you where the weapon is, the Police will remove it from your body or vehicle and immediately remove all ammunition, neutralizing the weapon. Never, ever move for any reason unless instructed to do so by lawful authority.

Once your ID's are run and it's established you are clean, you get your pistol and ammo back. Routine procedure, done 100's of times a day across the US.

Second, the Louisiana assclown is cut and dry. The police were not driving around looking to shoot blacks but rather doing their job.

Police responded to a 911 call by a homeless man that had been threatened with a gun by a man that matched Sterling's description in front of the store.

Suspect the gun was illegal and probably stolen as well which helps explain the Sterling's ridiculous behavior.
              What crimes has the "criminal" in Minnesota been accused of?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                I agree with you that the real argument is when to use or not to use lethal force. I'm just saying that the available tools could possibly influence that decision. I have to imagine its rational to think cops are going to be more hesitant to use deadly force if it puts themselves in danger.

I guess. The same could be argued with the military and missiles and jets. And semi-automatic rifles make it easier than six shooters. I don't think the answer is taking the tool - rather, doing the best you can to ensure oversite.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• What crimes has the "criminal" in Minnesota been accused of?

Ho Ho ho , mofo, July 2nd armed robbery, 6 blocks from where he was pulled over.

CCW permit is BS too.

Armed Robbery suspect Philando Castile.

Fox News: "Gun was visible and on his lap when pulled over."

Last edited by Prime2; July 10, 2016, 08:41 AM.

Comment

• Castile was a member of the CRIPS Gang but then again DSL I was a member of the Republican Party.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prime2 View Post
                      ........ As more of the facts come in, it doesn't look good for the for either criminal in the Louisiana or Minnesota shootings.......
                      If the information coming to light in the Castile shooting is proven to be factual, it points directly to the post I made above.

The public is not well informed, and should be, regarding how policing in their communities works and how much is done to make these communities safe. Instead, it appears we are fed sensationalized stories that highlight racial tensions and the militarization of our police that rarely represent what actually happened, why it happened and what steps were in place to prevent unintended or unwanted outcomes.

Let's just assume, for a moment, that Castile was a suspect in an armed robbery and that is why he was pulled; further he had a weapon in his lap or within his reach or reached for it when he was pulled over and the officer approached his car. Let's assume it can be shown that Castile failed to follow the instructions of the officer and/or established protocol for carrying a concealed weapon in his auto when approached by an officer of the law.

With those things in mind, if you were in this officer's shoes, knowing you may end up on the ground possibly fatally wounded if you make the wrong choice, what do you do?

I am absolutely positive that police, in general, are receiving virtual or actual training in such situations and rather than the press giving the benefit of the doubt to an armed suspect who is being stopped for what appears to be probable cause, why are they not giving the benefit of the doubt to a police officer? That is a huge part of this problem. The press has demonized the police. Sometimes there is good reason for criticizing the police but, IMO, there is too many excuses for what amounts to criminal behavior when police act and not nearly enough credit for the police who have to deal with this every day in their line of work.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• A quick glance at "gotnews.com" makes me want to take a shower. Here's some articles on the guy who runs it

Charles Johnson sounds like a diphsit.

His other recent antics have included suing for access to Mike Brown's juvenile records, making the unproven claim that the Ferguson police shooting victim had once been charged in a second-degree murder.⁠ Citing police sources, he accused "street thug" Eric Garner, the Staten Island man who died after being put in a chokehold by a New York City police officer, of domestic abuse. He incorrectly reported that New Jersey had an Ebola case; he then reported that a nurse quarantined in the state was a "left-wing Democrat." He hijacked the Mississippi Republican primary by offering $1,000 for photos of Sen. Thad Cochran's wife, who was in a nursing home. And he's trained his sights on other journalists, such as Wesley Lowery of the Washington Post, whom Johnson said was "obsessed with race" and had shown "overt friendliness in his reporting about Michael Brown." Johnson revealed that Lowery had once received a speeding ticket. "We are going to use auctions to set the price on the head of each journalist we take down," he [ame="https://twitter.com/ChuckCJohnson/status/538876813632471041"]tweeted[/ame].

Besides Twitter, Johnson's primary platform is GotNews, a crowd-funded startup he launched in early 2014 after denouncing the "stenography" of traditional insider media. "I don't do the 'being a bitch for the establishment' thing which a lot of Republicans do," he told me. "I go where the story leads." While he claims to be an "equal opportunity debunker," Johnson's stories often lead back to familiar targets—lefty activists, "lying women" and "thuggish black men", elitist journalists, and the mainstream conservatives he believes have screwed him over.
                        Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; July 9, 2016, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• It's not an anecdotal issue but for "the narrative." It's a macro issue. That includes factoring in crime rates, murder rates and such.

Personally, I think we could all benefit from being an AA in an urban setting or walking a beat in a shitbird neighborhood. But that ain't ever gonna happen, so narrative gonna narrate.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I think we could all benefit from being an AA

Agreed.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Awful
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Walked right into that one.

Comment

Working...
                                X