Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
    This isn't 1942... People have the ability to discover obvious plagiarism.
    What were they thinking when they came up with that speech...

it's a circus..
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
      Maybe it was a joke? 'Cause apparently, she Rickrolled us as well.

Awesome.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Pretty much all politicians have speechwriters. Obama begrudgingly accepted Favreau, although there are times when he will write it himself.

I love Chris Christie saying it wasn't plagiarism because 93 percent of the speech was different. Ha! Try that defense in school, see how far you get with that.

Comment

• Astonishing. I've written speeches for people before. People ask for ``something like what Michelle said'', so you take five minutes and rewrite it! So many people just don't though.

Comment

• Obama infamously borrowed from a Bush speech on immigration reform a few years back.

The comparitive video is somewhere.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Is it true that Melania Trump just enrolled at UNC?

Comment

• Happy Days Chachi, General Hospital has-been, Duck Dynasty player..golly...what other influential, inspirational, intellectual giants are in store for us tonight?
                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Wait until the Democrats roll out their merry band next week. You haven't seen anything yet ...
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Happy Days Chachi, General Hospital has-been, Duck Dynasty player..golly...what other influential, inspirational, intellectual giants are in store for us tonight?

Its just sad. Bashing on the entertainment industry, and Hollywood in particular, is bread-and-butter play for the Right. Its a smart play because it sells with various segments of the base, but is relatively harmless...so whatever.

What I don’t get is why they consistently roll out these C-list has-beens at their conventions and such. Its an admission that they want the type of people they proclaim to despise the other 364 days a year.

It'd be a little different if they got Bruce Willis or Tom Brady...but hacks like Antonio Sabato Jr and Scott Baio? Just don't bother. Failed imitation is worse than not trying IMO.

Comment

• It's like that time THE PROPHET was imitating THE WIZARD....or when Wild Hoss started imitating Old Scribe after receiving a beatdown on the great West Coast Folly debate. Some really shameful shit.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        ...or when Wild Hoss started imitating Old Scribe after receiving a beatdown on the great West Coast Folly debate. Some really shameful shit.
                        I told you that I'd gotten some bad mushrooms.

Comment

• Sabato went on to state he is sure Obama is a Muslim and is consciously supporting our enemies. He admitted he has no reason to believe it, but he knows a lot of Christians and Obama just isn't a Christian.

1) this is the type of kook that is mainline republican thought now I guess.
                          2) when did it become ok to "believe" something is true when there is no factual support for it? That's stupid.
                          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• More importantly...so what if he was a Muslim? Freedom of religion is what we do here....it used to be celebrated.

Religious discrimination is the only legitimate discrimination left. We will have had blacks and women as President long before we get a non-Christian one.

Comment

• It's the same line of broken thinking political parties suffered through pre-JFK. Catholics weren't Christians, according to Christian non-Catholics. It's called religious bigotry. If you're not my specific sect, you're a heathen anti-Christian devil worshiper.

This issue goes beyond politics, but most evangelicals identify themselves as conservatives. I work with one of those. He doesn't associate with me beyond work related tasks (even at the office), because I'm Catholic. According to his beliefs, Catholics aren't Christian because we "worship Mary and the Pope", (????) , and are to be shunned. He's shut out oh, 50% of the company because we're Catholic, Jewish, Hindu, or Moslem.

It's been hard, but I have refrained from putting a "coexist" bumpersticker on his car.
                              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• More importantly...so what if he was a Muslim? Freedom of religion is what we do here....it used to be celebrated.
                                I don't think Obama is a practicing Muslim, but I do believe he has strong sympathies to the Muslim world. I believe he has displayed those sympathies in how he deals with radical Islam, and also with how he deals with Israel.

The only 'religious freedom' that is celebrated here in America nowadays, is the religious beliefs that pass the Obama administration's litmus test.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X