No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am torn between who I will vote for: "check box" Gary Johnson or "write in" Dick Hodgeman. Johnson if I want to help a 3rd party reach some mythical future debate thresh hold or Hodgeman as a rational person who actually would be an outstanding President.

Guess it will depend how pissed off I am when I reach the voting booth.
    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Betting the guy would be ineffective is a high stakes gamble and it's really a viewpoint focused solely on domestic policy. Having him in control of the nuclear football is frightening.

Almost every election comes with people saying it is the most important election. Clearly most of the time this is hypebole, in fact this should not be the case for the 2016 election. The wars have wound down and the economy is in much better shape than it was 8 years ago. As far as elections go it should not be considered the most important election save for one thing, Donald Trump is one of the candidates. That makes it very important.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
        If forced, I'd vote trump over Hillary because I think he'd be completely ineffective. I don't think Dems or Republicans would support his ideas. I think he'd be totally ineffective and gone in 4 yrs.

But I'd vote for Kerry over either. I'd Vote for Mitt over either as well.
        He would have nearly unfettered access to diplomatic levers. He may not get any legislation passed, but he will absolutely have the time and power to alienate allies, embolden non-allies, and create unnecessary instability in the world.
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• He's already done enough damage to the dignity of the office.

Comment

• I think we really underestimate our friends and foes and how they'd view trump vs the US in general.

jmo
            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
              He's already done enough damage to the dignity of the office.

oh.. I think Bill did that long ago.

Comment

• And Hillary would put us in a war or piss off an ally if she thought it would improve her ratings or get her another 4 yrs. She's power hungry and has no convictions. I see that equally dangerous.

jmo

Comment

oh.. I think Bill did that long ago.
                  You really equate the two?

Comment

• Hansen: Historians rebut Steve King’s 'destructive' view of history; he 'is stuck in the 19th century,' one says

Not really earth shattering, but still surprised he said it. To me it came off as someone being defensive. That might be worse given his position.

Comment

• I disagree Ent. She may be calculated but, Trump is lazy, ignorant, and a bully. He will do it on accident.
                      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Here are my thoughts:

Dre and Cube were the REAL talent behind NWA. Fuck Eazy-E.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                          The usual right wing R solution is to deport some segment of Muslims living in the us by some creepy standard that goes against everything this country stands for and to keep suspicious Muslims, whatever that means, out of the country.
                          Well, that and to send in the Marines. You could see last night that the drumbeat for war is ramping up from the Right again.

I guess we've been at "peace" too long...people feel wealthy and happy again, and are getting bored. (Thanks Obama!) So now its time to fire up the "'Merica! gladiatorial games" again, which in our case is loading up lower class youth and middle-class adrenaline junkies with new, super-cool weapons and killing some MFers on another continent.

Too cynical?

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                            Here are my thoughts:

Dre and Cube were the REAL talent behind NWA. Fuck Eazy-E.
                            I heard The Bear wore his wife's panties during games.

:::runs for cover:::

Comment

That is where I am voting
                              Catchers rally to Johnsons. Its only natural.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                                I heard The Bear wore his wife's panties during games.

:::runs for cover:::

Mrs Bryant didn't wear panties.
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X