No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of my favorite mental midgets gets called out. Not that Jon Stweart is an intellectual beacon, but he's right on the mark with this tirade.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Hannity is just a partisan shill. A hypocrite. They all are.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Hannity is just a partisan shill. A hypocrite. They all are.
        Correct. He's an asshat. I'm 99.9% certain Stewart could go after Rachel Maddow in the same way, but he's not interested in doing that. They're on the same team. Stewart is also an assclown, IMO.

And Obama ended up being the much stronger general election candidate FWIW
        I agree with that. I simply said PAH had a much, much, much better case in 2008 than Bernie does in 2016.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Now, Joe Scarborough is different, Talent. He went to Alabama. Roll Tide.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• UAT, UAB or UAH? I'd cut him slack if it were at least UAH. And given Scarborough's ability to speak somewhat coherently, UAH is the only plausible explanation.

Comment

• Nope. Bama. Not one of the satellite extension centers. I am pretty sure I was his lab instructor for organic chem.

He did get his JD at Florida, though. He was waitlisted at UA.

Comment

• Stewart was, once, brilliant. Still is great for not losing focus on the essential ingredients in the mix. But that was just another average circa-2013 tired Daily Show segment. We don't need Jon Stewart to know all that.

Comment

• Stewart had potential. But he never fully embraced his role as a partisan political commentator. When he was pushed he'd hide behind "I'm just a comedian!!!" and anyone who watched new that was bullshit.

And he was oh so snarky. But he at least did longer segments that went into some depth on occasion. But they could still be 4 minutes of one snarky meme after another.

Comment

• Agreed. If he was ``just a comedian'' then stick to lampooning it all. There were those times on the Daily Show when he slipped into preaching, just like at the end of that segment on Hannity. Shouldn't be a part of it. Never break from the lampooning; never veer off into moralizing. The message is more powerful anyways.

Comment

• I like ajon Stewart. You just have to take him and Rush Limbaugh for what they are.

Comment

• I'm not sure Stewart could have went after Maddow in the same way. She prides herself on being very knowledgeable about a subject in a way Hannity or O'Reilly couldn't be bothered to. Fox News is so bad, it's not just the partisan tilt, MSNBC tries to fashion itself as the left version but it restrains itself with facts. Fox doesn't give a crap about that.

Comment

• LMMFAO.

Comment

• lol ...

And to think that "The O'Reilly Factor" is the top rated news show in all of television.

I am most definitely a "right winger", but I must say, I cannot watch any of the prime-time Fox news shows. O'Reilly over-talks everyone, Hannity is a shill for the Republican Party, and is also into over-talking everyone, and Megan Kelly acts like she'd be more comfortable on CNN. I used to watch Greta Van Susteren, especially during the Trayvon Martin proceedings, but I recently gave up on her too.

Its very difficult to find a news outlet that will just give the news, without some sort of agenda, or political slant.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• O'Reilly and Hannity are both commentators. O'Reilly is very good at what he does. He's generally a populist. I don't like him, but he's way better than Hannity, who is awful. Maddow and Hayes are bad, but not Hannity bad. They both encapsulate progressive wonky snark and smugness to a tee.

CNN is all I watch now unless it's to drink in the loser's tears. FOX was great in 2008 and 2012. MSNBC was fantastic in 2014.

Comment

• DWS showed up to give a speech to Florida delegates this morning and got drowned out by protesters I guess.

Can't believe she's going through with her speech tonight. Could be a fiasco.

Comment

Working...
                                X