No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presidential historian Donald J Trump just tweeted that President Obama will go down as perhaps the worst president in the history of the USA. He has a great read on historical figures.

Comment

• My apologies, Froot. I was under the impression you were against all voter ID laws. I'm pleased to see that you approve of Ohio's law and sensible requirements even if they do have some modest disparate impact.

I'm still not sure how on earth IDs are luxury items for the rich, but we'll just have to disagree on that.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Incidentally, blacks voted at a higher rate than whites in the past two presidential elections. So, whatever requirements are in place across the US, they seem to hurt white folks more. Latinos and Asians are way behind both blacks and whites suggesting a concerted effort to suppress those respective voting blocs.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I think the Kansas voter ID law was even worse because it was a proof of citizenship law requires a birth certificate, naturalization papers or a passport to register to vote.

As far as the voter ID laws, most of the ones in question were passed after that bad Shelby SC ruling in 2013. We haven't seen the impact of those laws in presidential elections.

Comment

• There are two things I laughed at over the past few pages of reading.

1. That Roe v Wade is infringing on the "rights" of the various states. States are not born in a state of freedom. States have no rights. People have rights.

2. That voter fraud is one of the top 1000 problems facing America currently. Besides geezer's ridiculous assertion that 10% of ballots are the result of fraud, it's pretty obvious that it is a problem landing somewhere between negligible and statistically nonexistent. And you sons of bitches want to spend a Billion dollars to solve it. But heavens forfend you spend a billion dollars to feed kids who are in fact hungry. Get your priorities straight, ffs!
            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I said
              Your and my fundamental disagreement is that I view government as the biggest threat, and you view big business as the biggest threat. Lord, man, look at the relative power of the two, and tell me where big business can legally kill a person, or legally imprison a person, or legally take a person's property.
              Hack responded
              tell me where big business can legally kill a person
              The point that I am making is that you believe the problem is big business and I believe it is big government. I'm saying that big government has the right to legally kill, imprison, or fine people and business does not. Hence it is a greater threat.

What was done at the Massey mine was illegal.
              Last edited by Da Geezer; August 2, 2016, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• lookit Geezer sounding like a leader in the Black Lives Matter movement.
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Geezer.. it's not possible for every polling place to know everyone they hand a ballot. I like the idea, but it's just not practical outside of small town USA. JMO
                  Hey, even I know that.

I'm just saying that it is becoming much more possible for us to identify individuals using biometrics. As I said, such identification should be cost free but not effort free.

froot, I understand that you are a net tax recipient, and that affects your views. But what is wrong with biometric identification of eligible voters?

Comment

• It's astonishing to me that someone in this country doesn't have an ID. As much of an indictment of that person and their circumstances as it is the country itself. This is a third-world problem -- the African countries I work in are grappling with it. There should be, regardless of where your values fall on this issue, a proper amount of money spent at the appropriate level of government. That money will probably come back over time to government and more, as tax collections increase thanks to having more people in the system.
                    I say AMEN TO THAT brother Hack, preach on.

Comment

• What in the blue hell are you talking about me being a net tax recipient? You have no effin clue on what I make and it is none of your business. And the biometric stuff is ridiculous.

Comment

• SLF:

regarding Roe. What does the phrase "states' rights" mean then? I take it to mean that individual states have the powers to make laws within their states. I further take the 10th amendment to mean what it says, giving individual states the power to make law.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
                        Less than 100 days now to utopia, with two additional Ginsberg clones to rule that the Constitution is unconstitutional.
                        Last edited by Da Geezer; August 2, 2016, 08:05 PM.

Comment

• Now, calm down froot. I just presumed that a MSU fan was on the dole. What is your occupation?

Comment

• Like I said, it is none of your business.

Comment

• I'll just put that down as welfare recipient, and leave it at that.

Comment

• Arizona doesn't get polled very often but there's indications it could actually be pretty tight there too

Comment

Working...
                                X