No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And in other news, the Clinton News Network is having a Libertarian Town Hall tomorrow evening. Just trying to be helpful, they are. If G. Johnson really wanted to get to 15% for the debates, he would say that he intends to appoint SC Justices from the Trump list of 11. Personally, I'm awaiting the
    Green Party Town Hall, which will never happen, at least not on CNN.

As usual, the moderators will not ask, "Would you legalize polygamy?" which is the question none of my Libertarian brethren dare to answer in the affirmative.

Comment

• I would legalize polygamy. Really none of my concern. Couldn't care less how many spouses you have. Just work the tax issues out first.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
        SLF:

regarding Roe. What does the phrase "states' rights" mean then? I take it to mean that individual states have the powers to make laws within their states. I further take the 10th amendment to mean what it says, giving individual states the power to make law.

Less than 100 days now to utopia, with two additional Ginsberg clones to rule that the Constitution is unconstitutional.
        It's helpful to conceive of the Constitution in the context of the early republic. In those days the US was much like the EU in some ways. Specifically the states were autonomous and independent sovereign entities that combined together to form a more perfect union. To do so, each ceded part of their power to a federal government. Those are the enumerated powers of the constitution. The tenth amendment was intended to clarify that any sovereignty not ceded to the Feds remained with the states. That said, the power held by the states was ceded to it by the people. That's because people have rights granted by the creator. This is essentially the basis for John Locke's social contract theory.

Btw, the 10th amendment was all but gutted in the civil war and the cases following the new deal.

And "States rights" is just a made up phrase used by racists to support ongoing discrimination against minorities.
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• If you're crazy enough to have multiple wives, have at it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Btw... Hillary told a crowd in Omaha she would raise the taxes on the middle class. Probably a misstatement, but the crowd applauded.

Comment

• Olympic torch has had it rough..

Comment

• So track and field isn't their thing... Or sanitation. LIMPICS!!

Comment

• I actually got a new ID (/ Drivers License) last weekend. Took 5 minutes... REALLY EASY. I'm not sure where the bad BMV reputations come from.

My point: if people complain about not being able to vote because they don't have an ID or drivers license, how do these people buy alcohol at bars or at a restaurant? Need to show ID.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                    I'll just put that down as welfare recipient, and leave it at that.
                    Yeah because you are jerk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                      I actually got a new ID (/ Drivers License) last weekend. Took 5 minutes... REALLY EASY. I'm not sure where the bad BMV reputations come from.

My point: if people complain about not being able to vote because they don't have an ID or drivers license, how do these people buy alcohol at bars or at a restaurant? Need to show ID.
                      Last summer it took me two trips to the secretary of state to get my son his drivers permit. I went one Saturday and we had to turn back because the line was at least 100 deep outside the door.

Comment

• I have no problem with showing ID at the polls but a lot of these voter ID laws go well beyond that. Restricting early voting and same day registration, for example, are only used to suppress the vote. Period.

In Trump news, he says he is not ready to endorse Paul Ryan in his primary election next week nor John McCain in his the week after. He also said he's considering creating a super PAC to run ads against Cruz and Kasich. He pretty much wants to take out anyone who hasn't bowed to him.

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/760595595396382724[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                            If you're crazy enough to have multiple wives, have at it.

Thing is, these assholes somehow manage to find 4-5 low maintenance types. I don't know how...I couldn't find one.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by Wild Hoss; August 3, 2016, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• JUST IN from Ryan camp: "Neither Speaker Ryan nor anyone on his team has ever asked for Donald Trump's endorsement."

By any conventional standard, Donald Trump just had the worst three days of any presidential candidate in living memory. A new CNN/ORC poll shows Clinton leading Trump 52% to 43% in a head-to-head matchup.

Comment

• My twitter feed blowing up with rumors that a lot of Republicans have had enough. Could see some major figures revoke their endorsements or openly support Hillary (who has been very, very quietly making appeals to them behind the scenes). RNC head Reince Priebus is reportedly furious over Trump not backing Paul Ryan.

I'm sure there's exaggeration but also rumors that the mood inside Trump's camp is now "suicidal" and Manafort has completely giving up on reining Trump in.

Comment

Working...
                                X