No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meg Whitman has said she is not only going to vote for Hillary, she is going to give her money and ask other republican donors to do the same.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I would support polygamy but for the awful taste of the people most likely to benefit. If you're going to take on multiple wives, don't make them all pasty blondes. Diversity is key. You also want some at summer weight and some at winter weight.

Comment

• There are two things I laughed at over the past few pages of reading.

1. That Roe v Wade is infringing on the "rights" of the various states. States are not born in a state of freedom. States have no rights. People have rights.
        Now THAT's funny. I've never seen someone try to recast and outright change the issue. The absolute facts remain: for nearly two centuries the states could pass legislation concerning abortion as they saw fit. Then Roe said they couldn't. Roe is AFFIRMATIVE LAW. If you overturn Roe, that doesn't make abortion illegal. As I have said. It's irrebuttable as evidenced by your responses.

2. That voter fraud is one of the top 1000 problems facing America currently. Besides geezer's ridiculous assertion that 10% of ballots are the result of fraud, it's pretty obvious that it is a problem landing somewhere between negligible and statistically nonexistent. And you sons of bitches want to spend a Billion dollars to solve it. But heavens forfend you spend a billion dollars to feed kids who are in fact hungry. Get your priorities straight, ffs!
        But not as funny as THIS! LOL. I get that voter fraud isn't a huge issue. But voter ID laws cost a BILLION DOLLARS! Wow.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• My point: if people complain about not being able to vote because they don't have an ID or drivers license, how do these people buy alcohol at bars or at a restaurant? Need to show ID.
          Bars are racist. The drinking age is racist.

Comment

• I would support polygamy but for the awful taste of the people most likely to benefit. If you're going to take on multiple wives, don't make them all pasty blondes. Diversity is key. You also want some at summer weight and some at winter weight.
            Grade A stuff. This thread has taken a nosedive starting right around when Alabam"Alum" started besieging us with his Louisiana "English" and wildly deviant "thoughts."

It's nice to see some quality every 3rd or 4th page. That said, GFY and your AFFIRMATIVE ACTION POLYGAMY!!!!

Comment

• Great stuff from Trump. He may go down worse than my prediction. I rate this as totally unsurprising. The idea that Ryan would ever ask Trump for his endorsement is just wacky. Ryan's favorability numbers amongst Rs in his district are something like 85/8. He's going to win by 50 points. Why on earth would he ask dickbrain for an endorsement?

Trump gonna Trump. Like Krauthammer said, these aren't mistakes, they're just Trump being Trump. For those of us paying attention for the past 12 months there is literally nothing that he can say that will surprise us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                I have no problem with showing ID at the polls but a lot of these voter ID laws go well beyond that. Restricting early voting and same day registration, for example, are only used to suppress the vote. Period.

In Trump news, he says he is not ready to endorse Paul Ryan in his primary election next week nor John McCain in his the week after. He also said he's considering creating a super PAC to run ads against Cruz and Kasich. He pretty much wants to take out anyone who hasn't bowed to him.

part 1: I'm not for restricting same day registration, but as others have noted.. a driver's license isn't that hard to get. It can be time consuming, but not difficult. And I'd be fine if the gov't gave them for free too.

Part 2: That will probably help all four
                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  My twitter feed blowing up with rumors that a lot of Republicans have had enough. Could see some major figures revoke their endorsements or openly support Hillary (who has been very, very quietly making appeals to them behind the scenes). RNC head Reince Priebus is reportedly furious over Trump not backing Paul Ryan.

I'm sure there's exaggeration but also rumors that the mood inside Trump's camp is now "suicidal" and Manafort has completely giving up on reining Trump in.
                  for many it will be viewed as too little too late.. But then again, they would also be the people who viewed any response as a negative.
                  Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Then there's this:

Gallup published data showing that Trump’s convention was the first since the polling firm began tracking the question to find that a majority of people were less likely to vote for the candidate after watching it.
                    After the convention 36% were more likely to vote for Trump and 51% were less likely. -15. MINUS FIFTEEN. That takes some real fucking doing.

Further, Gallup polled voters on what they thought of the speeches. Before this year, the highest "Poor/Terrible" percentage was 16% (Romney and Obama). PAH topped that with 20%. Trump, however, WENT BIG....hitting 36%.

It's all so staggering, but, fortunately, not shocking. This trainwreck has been coming for months. It's almost like the Rs traveled back in time to ride a dirigible and opted to buy tickets for the Hindenburg.

Comment

• He also said he's considering creating a super PAC to run ads against Cruz and Kasich.
                      Oh, heh, I missed that. Kasich isn't running for anything and is term-limited out of Governor in 2018. LOL.

Kasich will be 68 in 2020, so he could still run again, but I that will come of nothing.

Cruz isn't up for re-election until 2018. His only potential challenge will be getting past the R primary.

Comment

• If Kasich runs again, he needs a better haircut.

Comment

• Doesn't Trump need to endorse Kasich to be able to run again?

Comment

• Yes, but he also needs HARBAUGH!!!!! to endorse him as well.

Comment

• Bunch of angry 99%ers that didn't enjoy the privilege of growing up Trump.

Hope he builds more prisons.
                              "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• He should just agree to have existing ones take the Trump name.

Comment

Working...
                                X