No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hack, thinking about the $100/bl oil that obtained from after the Iraq War, do you think we would have been better off to take the Iraqi oil? It would have made it onto the market faster, and would not have been used to fund Al Queda in Iraq (now ISIL). Another argument in favor would be that it would have pissed off the Saudis.

Comment

• Might as well have...everybody in the Middle East thinks we took it anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
        http://detroitlionsforum.com/forums/...=5052&page=558

Froot: Please watch the exchange. Trump says Putin is a good leader within" that system" but Trump says he (Trump) doesn't like the system. Trump further states that Trump bases his opinion on Putin v. Obama on the fact that Obama has divided our country. That is true. Trump could have said that Putin is more popular in his country than Obama is in ours. That is how Trump is viewing the matter in his answer. Please watch the video. Only the controlled media is alleging that Trump said Putin is a better leader than Obama.

I agree with virtually all of what Talent has said. This whole question is nothing but a fart in a windstorm.

As an aside, though, I can't see how anyone can compare leaders when there are substantial differences in when they ruled, and where they ruled. There are just too many variables involved.
        I've watched it, it's not the first time he's said this. He has mentioned this many times. He mentioned that Obama wasn't born in this country many times. It is flat out ridiculous that you are apologizing for such nonsense.

The funny thing is you are rationalizing that Trump is talking about popularity of Putin in his country. Putin has jailed opposition leaders and shut down any free press. That is indisputable and Trump knows that, I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
          Hack, thinking about the $100/bl oil that obtained from after the Iraq War, do you think we would have been better off to take the Iraqi oil? It would have made it onto the market faster, and would not have been used to fund Al Queda in Iraq (now ISIL). Another argument in favor would be that it would have pissed off the Saudis.
          Yeah that's a war crime, but other that, great isea.

Comment

• Hoss has got it. My version of that same statement would be that the only way would be to run it for Iraq and pay them a smidge about market rate. The amount of transparency that would take, to avoid our being accused of making it an oil grab, would be fairly unprecedented for the oil sector as a whole.

But I still think that the US isn't quite perceived that way. After the Arab Spring we saw the same old biological booty call. America is still the sexiest system, even for people who struggle to understand what it really means. That's a pretty important source of soft power for us. Can't explicitly throw that away.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              I've watched it, it's not the first time he's said this. He has mentioned this many times. He mentioned that Obama wasn't born in this country many times. It is flat out ridiculous that you are apologizing for such nonsense.

The funny thing is you are rationalizing that Trump is talking about popularity of Putin in his country. Putin has jailed opposition leaders and shut down any free press. That is indisputable and Trump knows that, I think.
              Exactly. And exactly.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                Exactly. And exactly.
                IMO Trump is being compensated for all this. Not directly perhaps, but Russia means access to capital and finance for him. Wall Street won't bank him anymore.

Comment

• Well he is paying himself jacked up rent for Trump tower to run his campaign from. That's a form of direct payment, stealing or not.

Comment

• Only once he got other suckers to give him money. He is transferring those dollars to his pocket.
                    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• froot said:
                      OK by me to think that about his statement about Putin v. Obama.

But, we are not even talking about the birther nonsense. In her 2008 campaign for President, Hillary originated the birther argument. She was as desperate then as she is now. Cursory investigation proved that Obama's birth in Honolulu was announced in a Honolulu newspaper within days of him being born. The fact that Trump agreed with Hillary about Obama's birth is no more complicated than saying Trump supported Hillary for President that year.

Comment

• Only once he got other suckers to give him money. He is transferring those dollars to his pocket
                        It seems to me that it would have been easier just to give a few speeches at $ 1.0 million each and cut out the middleman.

Comment

• We sure are talking about the birther movement, the leader of it is the GOP candidate, he won't disavow it. When you vote for Trump, you are endorsing the birther movement. His rallies are full of birthers. There was a poll where 72 percent of registered GOP voters believed he wasn't born in the US.
                          Last edited by froot loops; September 10, 2016, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• It's mind boggling.

Comment

• Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Putin is a no good despicable person... And a convenient scapegoat for US hegemonists to excise their overarching agenda.

No danger to the US
                              Atlanta, GA

Comment

• And according to your man he is a better leader than Obama. And your man says Obama wasn't born in the US.

Your man also admires Alex Jones, says Alex Jones is a great guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X