No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makes you wonder... well, not wonder, but believe.. Trump surrounds himself with a lot of "yes" people. He seems very comfortable speaking on topics he has limited knowledge.
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Trump has caught a ton of shit for going on Larry King -- broadcast in Russia -- and saying nice things about Putin. He's previously said similar things about Putin, but somehow, this time when he says something nice it's still news. Which is, like, no fucking shit. If tomorrow he talks about illegal immigrants being rapists and murderers, it'll be news again even though he's already said it. Duh.

Trump had a god-awful week after the DNC going after the mulism military family. He was skewered and deservedly so. If he brings it back up -- which he will if he's at all provoked, he'll get skewered again.
      Last edited by iam416; September 12, 2016, 01:57 PM.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• With Ohio always as close as it is, I have to hold my nose and vote Clinton, but if I lived somewhere like NY or Idaho, I wouldn't bother
        Yeah, I'd like to abstain, but it'll be Clinton and Portman for me. The Senate dynamic is fascinating. It's almost like the inevitability of Clinton is HELPING R candidates.

That said, the most recent "no toss-up" Electoral College from Real Clear Politics has Trump w/in North Carolina and Florida of winning. That's petrifying. 538 still has Clinton as a 70% favorite, but that's down from 90%.

Gary Johnson may be her insurance policy. Trump has his solid core, but that's not enough. And I think Johnson will siphon off way more Trump voters/anti-Clinton voters.

Uggh.

Comment

• I tend to think the opposite. I think Johnson/Stein are taking away more potential Hillary people than Trump. Her margin vis a vis Trump is nearly always worse when they're included in the polling.

Comment

• Talent -- I don't understand your voting patterns. On just about every issue you appear to be on the Trump side but then you're like "nah, I'm voting for Hillary".

Comment

• I probably agree with Rs more on the issues than Ds. I'm not sure where Trump stands on a lot of things though. And I don't credit PAH with being a true progressive. So it's close enough on the issues that abstention is probably the way to go, but I genuinely believe Trump is an awful candidate. And that's enough to outweigh the issue gap.

If he were running against Sanders then I'd have a real problem. I'd probably vote for Trump.

Comment

• Ha, and ironically I still think Sanders would be beating Trump more solidly right now.

She hasn't lost support because of where she stands on issues. She's lost support because she's personally unlikable, has a long record of deceitfulness, and frankly comes across as a liar. Issues are extremely unimportant right now. This is a contest between two repellent personalities.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  I probably agree with Rs more on the issues than Ds. I'm not sure where Trump stands on a lot of things though.
                  Hillary may not be a dyed-in-the-wool progressive but at the very least you know that she will put Amnesty on the table and she will nominate Left of Center judges. You obviously aren't on board with political correctness and I don't see any way that Hillary is more likely to align with you than Trump on more than a few social issues that aren't a priority for him anyways.

Amnesty will enable a Sanders-like candidate in the future. A vote for Hillary is essentially a vote for the younger version of Bernie Sanders who pops up in 2028. At worst it's a vote for keeping the country on auto-pilot as it heads for a cliff. In another area, "auto pilot" might have been palatable but the problems can't be kicked down the road anymore.
                  Last edited by Hannibal; September 12, 2016, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• I don't think "amnesty" is politically viable. The Supreme Court is a problem.

Comment

• If Trump loses, it will be. Amnesty 1.0 happened in the 1980s and amnesty 2.0 has come very close a couple of times. This vote has evolved somewhat into a referendum on political correctness and "racism" and if Trump loses, it will be viewed as a mandate for amnesty.

It might not even need to be politically viable if Hillary follows in Obama's footsteps when it comes to executive orders.
                      Last edited by Hannibal; September 12, 2016, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• One more thought on amnesty -- it will be made politically viable by tying it to a lot of conditions that will never be enforced. Namely, paying back taxes, leaning English, promises to finally clamp down on illegal immigration, etc. IMHO that makes it very viable because it looks like a compromise. And it will be a fucking disaster.

If amnesty passes, then within a decade there will be a push to grant full Social Security benefits to immigrants who never paid into the system. I would literally bet my life on this.

Comment

• I disagree with your assessment on what the election will ultimately mean.

I agree that some form of compromise could be made. I'm not as fatalistic as you, Hanni. I think there's room for something less than amnesty if coupled w/ deportation. In other words, sort out the contributors from non-contributors.

Comment

• Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Hillary has such high negatives, nothing about her will be seen as a mandate by the impartial, other than a mandate that Trump lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Atlanta, GA

Comment

• I agree. Formal notions aside, nobody's had a mandate to do anything for a while now.

Comment

• Don't tell Hanni that those dirty Mexicans pay far more into the system than they take out. At least the few that aren't rapists.
                                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Working...
                                X