No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd sooner believe that Hillary is 236lbs than Donald Trump.

BTW, here is Terrance Smith....6'3" 235lb LB prospect from Florida State at the 2016 Combine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
      And now, maybe we can get on to the actual issue with Trump's health records

this is the core of the "Trump health" demands. One wonders why the IRS doesn't leak his tax returns- for the public good of course. Anyone who refuses to read the 104 pages of Trump's financial disclosure has no business asking for his tax returns, imo. But, hey, it worked on Romney and might work on Trump.
      It's worked on every candidate for president since Nixon, (Ford only released a very detailed summary including his income and taxes paid, but he lost.). Nixon released them and invited scrutiny because "people have got to know whether or not their president is a crook."

When Nixon says you might be a crook when you don't release your tax returns, well....
      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I'm skeptical of testosterone at 441.6. Do they actually mean 441.6 million?

Comment

• That Nixon argument is mighty handy for career politicians.

Comment

• I don't know about the "millions" in terms of testosterone. The letter just says 441.6.

I don't see why not. If we all stopped to read 104 pages of financial disclosure that would be a big waste of time. Relying on pundits and whatever media you trust is a necessary shortcut to staying informed,....
            Yes, and there is the rub. If the pundits and media are all in for a particular candidate then you will not get an accurate picture of any issue, be it tax, health or whatever. What seems to you to be my insistence on accuracy is only me posting actual documents, or speeches or data. If you are too lazy to read what is already in the public domain, why do you demand more? I can see why you rely on the media, because they are telling you exactly what you want to hear. What in the world is wrong with going to the actual source and reading it for yourself?

A couple weeks ago, Hillary's brain short-circuited and she said that she was going to raise taxes on the middle class. The leftist lemmings in this forum replied with some voice analyses ostensibly showing she actually did not say what she clearly did say. I posted the YouTube of her error and said something like "....are you going to believe the media or your own lying eyes and ears..." That pretty much shut down the debate.

Now, SLF, who previously posted that he had not enough information to judge Trump's health,
            We have no information about Trump except that he is a grossly overweight 70 year old man. (7:00pm last evening)
            is presented with the actual data, and he says he had seen it already, and he really needs information going back 20 years. And if someone shipped him a box of Trump health records going back to hs appendectomy at age 11, SLF would claim it is not enough or that it had been scrubbed.

In actual news, Trump's economic plan raises the standard deduction to $ 15,000 for individuals and $ 30,000 for couples. Coupled with exemptions for children, a couple with income of $ 50,000 and two kids gets a tax cut of 35%. (that's from WaPo). This would reduce the number of filers itemizing deductions from 43 million to 15 million.
            Last edited by Da Geezer; September 15, 2016, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• A couple weeks ago, Hillary's brain short-circuited and she said that she was going to raise taxes on the middle class. The leftist lemmings in this forum replied with some voice analyses ostensibly showing she actually did not say what she clearly did say. I posted the YouTube of her error and said something like "....are you going to believe the media or your own lying eyes and ears..." That pretty much shut down the debate.
              No. What shut down the debate is the "leftist lemmings" realized there was no sense in trying to reason with a delusional wing nut.

Your serve.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The 441.6 million thing was a joke.

As for reading the whole document, if everyone stopped to read every document necessary in this country we would all be reading so many documents that the economy would collapse. All the fine print and all the bills in the house and senate and all that. That's just not practical. For that matter I know how tiring it is to read a primary-source document, and I know the expertise one requires. I thought I had a pretty good sense of how to mine an IMF report until a bond investor walked me through his process earlier this year. That was humbling. Last week I went through a gold company annual report with an accountant -- also humbling. Yet still I know that before those educational experience I could do it better than many people.

I think the bottom line is that even if we all had time to read the primary source material, we don't all have the skills to really do it well. The bottom line is that an economy, and a society, runs on trust. Getting past agrarian economies into an era of specialization means that I do my job and you do yours and we have a system we all can believe in that ensures that all of it is done to a standard that justifies that kind of specialization. Are you suggesting that we all revert to a system in which we rely on nobody for services without fully vetting them and their operation first? Can you imagine the shrinkage in economic activity if that actually happened?

In this specific case, I have not been pumped full of bogus skepticism by people with multiple-point agendas partly unknown to me. When it comes to media I do not struggle to balance the need for skepticism with the need for trust. Some of you may, as you've not seen how the sausage gets made. All of us are like that. In our own fields we know how to sort signal and noise, and in others we struggle.
                Last edited by hack; September 15, 2016, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• I just want to see his tax returns to see the tremendous amount of money he gave to great charities he supports.

Comment

• Hey you old fucks,
                    Is testosterone level something doctors routinely measure and report when you get that old?

Comment

• Excellent on the tax plan. How does he pay for his outrageous spending while simultaneously taking in way less money?

Comment

• I would also like to know if Trump had scalp surgery. Ivana testified under oath that Trump raped her because of the pain caused by his scalp surgery. If he had scalp surgery, that may tend to corroborate her claims in that regard.

Comment

• He raped her...because his scalp hurt?

What happened when he stubbed his toe? Just a backhand across the face?

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                            Hey you old fucks,
                            Is testosterone level something doctors routinely measure and report when you get that old?
                            Well. According to WebMD "A testosterone test is done to:"
                            1. Check for infertility
                            2. Check a mans sexual problems
                            3. "See if testosterone lowering medicines are working in a man with advanced prostate cancer"
                            4. "Find the cause of osteoporosis in a man."

And some stuff for kids and ladies.

Now I'm really concerned about his health. Given his weight and diet, he probably has cancer! .

(Actually, he probably had his doctor check out of his desperate vanity)

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                              He raped her...because his scalp hurt?

What happened when he stubbed his toe? Just a backhand across the face?
                              During the couple's divorce proceedings in the early 90s, Ivana Trump accused the current GOP frontrunner of assaulting and raping her in a rage over a painful scalp reduction surgery. (Donald denies both the assault and the surgery.)

He's a monster, so who knows what he did.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                                Well. According to WebMD "A testosterone test is done to:"
                                1. Check for infertility
                                2. Check a mans sexual problems
                                3. "See if testosterone lowering medicines are working in a man with advanced prostate cancer"
                                4. "Find the cause of osteoporosis in a man."

And some stuff for kids and ladies.

Now I'm really concerned about his health. Given his weight and diet, he probably has cancer! .

(Actually, he probably had his doctor check out of his desperate vanity)
                                Boy it sure looks like it. No partisan bullshit here -- this sure does call into question his fitness for the job. No need for HRC to disclose anything further, seeing as there'll be no time to take a look now that we've got all this to discuss.

Comment

Working...
                                X