Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
    hoss.. get pulled over for speeding and the cop comes to your car, spits out chew on the ground and creates a posture of domination all the while holding his gun. And as I sit in my care with my wife and 2 small kids, he's puffing his chest as if he's a bull waiting to challenge another for mating rights. Others have had similar experiences... escalation seems to be the new norm.
    Justified in your case...one must always be wary of people driving black Volvos. Scary shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      It wouldn't surprise me if AAs are once again destroying their own communities based on a very poor choice of a martyr.
      Once it goes from "We're pissed at the cops" to "Hey, let's break into WalMart and gets some free stuff" there's no credibility. When it then becomes "Let's burn down the Walgreen's" it's just plain stupidity. Afterward, when the neighborhood looks like post-war Berlin, the blame is not put on the people who caused the destruction.
      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
        That could be...I just wandered past the TV, saw it, and they were talking about Charlotte.
        Talent's right. You're thinking of Tulsa. The police chief of Charlotte has already said they will NEVER release the dashcam video to the public and is only considering doing so for the family.

Comment

• Yep. AA police chief, btw.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yep. Though, and to his credit, he has admitted that from all video he has personally watched, it's not clear that the victim ever was holding a gun.

Comment

• Does it shock anybody that Bobby Knight is a big fan of Trump?

Comment

• Right. Victim had a gun, but video is inconclusive as to whether he was using it.

Bobby Knight...Heh
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/hollybdc/status/779098156848058368[/ame]

Comment

• People are allowed to have guns, and the race of the police officer is immaterial to me. The police believe AA's are dangerous, the race of the cop has proven not to matter.
                    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      Does it shock anybody that Bobby Knight is a big fan of Trump?

Or that he was a fan of JoePa?

Comment

• Yes, let's implement stop and frisk. We all know that will work so well.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                          People are allowed to have guns, and the race of the police officer is immaterial to me. The police believe AA's are dangerous, the race of the cop has proven not to matter.
                          I don't understand these departments' use of force policies. When I carried a gun, to be authorized to use deadly force, there had to be intent. Just having a gun was not intent. Reaching for a gun was not intent.

A problem that we have now is that even if it a "good" use of deadly force, a legitimate shoot situation, we are seeing protests and riots. To the black community is seems there is no legitimate reason to use deadly force.

I would hate to be a cop trying to do a good job in today's climate.
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Saying the suspect had a weapon, appeared to have a weapon or that they were physically threatening is SOP in these type of cases. The proliferation of cameras has poked a lot of holes into these stories.

Using traffic stops as revenue raisers is a direct factor.

Comment

• Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Atlanta, GA

Comment

• No they aren't.

Comment

Working...
                                X