Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They're a different breed.

Comment

• Is this real life? Wikileaks is trustworthy, but the NYT is not?
      The Wikileaks stuff, however obtained, doesn't seem to be a untrustworthy. Yeah, the HRC campaign has said maybe an email or two doesn't look kosher, but they're not denying the vast majority of it. It's fair to kill the messenger, but I don't get how the message isn't valid.

In any event, if there's "hell to pay" for not voting Trump, then I'll pay it. And I hope my Reps and Senator are in line to pay it. I don't feel particularly fucking compelled to vote for a guy that I think is entirely unqualified. I applaud the Rs who have done the same and, in most cases, encountered the standard alt-right retribution.

It's also not going to be any sort of resounding victory for HRC. But it may be perfect for her. The last thing she needs, politically, is a "mandate" and control of both houses of Congress. She needs a contentious R Congress. And you'll have the Rs disintegrating as the populist Traficant dimbulbs split from traditional conservatives.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        The Wikileaks stuff, however obtained, doesn't seem to be a untrustworthy. Yeah, the HRC campaign has said maybe an email or two doesn't look kosher, but they're not denying the vast majority of it. It's fair to kill the messenger, but I don't get how the message isn't valid.
        ...well, for one, I'd think you'd question which emails the WikiRussians aren't releasing. But that's just me.

Comment

• Well, ok. That doesn't change what the released ones say. Moreover, if HRC wants to release emails to provide a complete picture, then she can do it.

Comment

• A quick point about any state poll that's come out recently. It's worth looking at which days the polling took place. If it took place last friday or saturday in the immediate aftermath of the FBI news, it's affecting those polls. Her numbers seem to have recovered at least mildly as people began to realize that Comey's letter contained little substance.

Comment

• Yeah, things were always going to settle.

Comment

• Anything short of a resounding victory is a disaster. If she wins a close won those clowns like Hannity, Breitbart will be emboldened. The xenophobic nasty populism will grow, they will blame guys like Kasich and Romney for not supporting this foul candidate.

Comment

• A Republican civil war is coming either way.

Comment

• That's what they say, I'm not sure that will be the case. I think Trumpism has already won. The guys like Kasich and Jeb Bush will go the way of the Rockefeller Republicans. This election has rendered the GOP administration powerless.

Comment

• Two of Chris Christie's top aides found guilty on all seven counts in the Bridgegate scandal

Two former officials linked to New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie’s office were found guilty on all charges Friday in connection with the closure of lanes in 2013 on the George Washington Bridge in an apparent act of political retribution, the fallout for which has come to be known as Bridgegate.

Chris Christie says he has no control or knowledge over what his direct subordinates are doing. Also expected to be one of the most powerful individuals in a Trump White House. Just sayin

Comment

• Did he say that or that he didn't know about or authorize the childish acts or that he had no control over his subirdinates?

If its the latter, he should be taken to task for that.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The difference in how Fox reports poll numbers:

Clinton +4

Bret Baier: Notice this is within the margin of error.

Trump +1

Bret Baier: TRUMP NOW LEADS HILLARY CLINTON IN FLORIDA!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                            Did he say that or that he didn't know about or authorize the childish acts or that he had no control over his subirdinates?

If its the latter, he should be taken to task for that.
                            He didn't 'say' he had no control but it's certainly implied given that, if you give him the maximum benefit of the doubt, this all occurred behind his back.

Comment

• I'm going to trade my vote with a friend of my step-mother's in NH. My vote is a waste in this state, but if I trade a Bernie write in in Alabama for a Hillary vote in NH it has a chance of making a difference.
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I think he probably had an idea but kept at arm's length to retain plausible deniability.

The whole thing is silly. Sophomoric.
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X