No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's really no excuse for that. That's your state's fault. That said, it's always appropriate for a quote from The Wire:

American democracy. Let's show those third world fucks how it's done. -- Bill Rawls.
    Or...

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I agree it's the states fault, no chance of it changing anytime soon.

Comment

• Early voting was a godsend here. Line was out the door yesterday at 9AM (when they opened) but they had 40 voting machines and it moved pretty quickly. People I work with in NY were taking full days or half days anticipating how long it was going to take to get through the lines.

We have a voting location across the street from our subdivision at this huge church, so I'll be curious to see how busy it is when I run out.

Comment

• Main - you are in Chicago now? I was in Naperville Saturday night and couldn't believe how many political ads were on TV. It was a deluge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
            Well, that and ?It?s the media?s fault!?.

Never pass up a chance to mention the ?MSM?...but also make note that FOX rules the ratings. :D

FINALLY... you're getting it
            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
              I bet Trump doesn't get to 200.
              DSL is like the announcers trying to make the OSU/Nebraska game interesting..

Comment

• When people talk about which states will be D vs R long term...

I'm a firm believer that humans like to divide in two (not just a line from a great Tool song either). Those in power and with the majority will lose that power and that majority not because of what the opposition has done as much as those in support will receive different levels of the "spoils" of victory. Those feeling as if they have been left out will search for someone/something else.

jmo

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  Main - you are in Chicago now? I was in Naperville Saturday night and couldn't believe how many political ads were on TV. It was a deluge.
                  Yeah, southwest suburbs (probably drove right past us on your way to Naperville). The ads had not been bad (at least not that I'd noticed) until the past couple of days (though I don't watch a lot of network TV during th week). I can't remember exactly when it was, but at halftime of one of the games this weekend they ran like 6-7 ads back to back, anti-Trump, anti-Hilary, a lot of tying Trump to the local politicians.

My favorite is the one where they have some actress dressed up like HRC laughing maniacally as she smashes cell phones and computers while they run audio of her comments on transparency in the background.

Comment

• Clinton has a huge lead in the critical swing state of Saudi Arabia...

Comment

• local or national ads? I'm surprised there would be that many national ads in Ill. It's a D state and nothing will change that..

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                        Yeah, southwest suburbs (probably drove right past us on your way to Naperville). The ads had not been bad (at least not that I'd noticed) until the past couple of days (though I don't watch a lot of network TV during th week). I can't remember exactly when it was, but at halftime of one of the games this weekend they ran like 6-7 ads back to back, anti-Trump, anti-Hilary, a lot of tying Trump to the local politicians.

My favorite is the one where they have some actress dressed up like HRC laughing maniacally as she smashes cell phones and computers while they run audio of her comments on transparency in the background.
                        Yeah, that is like high school production. Terrible.

I guess I am lucky in the sense that my state is a done deal so I am not inundated with ads like some states. One of our local stations comes out of Florida so I get some of it, but NW FL is pretty strongly Republican so I don't think they are wasting too much money there
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I got to meet both candidates for my state House district in the past few days, as they were going door-to-door. (I guess I spend too much time outdoors)

One is the brother of a famous Husker player...but he spurned us for Missou. The other is a Republican who wants to cut taxes but spend money on everything, including more policing, of which we seem have in spades. He complimented my lawn though.

So, I am torn. :D

Comment

• Both local and state ads. A lot more than the Detroit area, although most of the national ads were by super pacs.

Comment

• Just voted. 15 minutes start to finish
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• So, at the polling place. YUGE turnout here. Guy in line says, "Can you believe that some people are voting for Hillary here?" (A few in line with Hillary buttons). I said, "Yeah. I'm gonna hold my nose and vote for her, too." He just whispered, "Disgusting." and turned his back on me. Thought he was gonna take a swing at me for a second.
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X