Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am full of BS, but so are they..
    I'm sorry, entropy, but you're wrong. We are over the cliff. We have ruined the Earth. #science
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• well, if Alabama sinks into the ocean, then this really is a win..

:::hello AA:::
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
        hack... not suggesting it is easy or clean. agree, it's not going to be easy to solve. But I do think it needs to be addressed by both sides of the isle.
        Of course it does. And, I think, it is. People have very little appetite for learning about the hard details of complex policy arrangements, but it's ongoing, and probably not going to work, because of sovereignty. But why would you, as a start, accept lower taxes on corporations? I get the original tradeoff, but that deal is no longer available. Why wouldn't you want them to pay taxes?

Comment

• I'm sorry, Entropy, but you're wrong, AGAIN. Alabama won't sink into the ocean. The waters of virtue will gently rise and rise and rise until they have consumed all but the highest points of the land of miscreants, deviants and maleducated.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• hack.. my premise is corporations are not paying a 39% tax rate. I believe it is substantially lower. So let's say for simplicity the effective rate is 15%. Why not change the taxes to 20%, eliminate most exclusions that don't involve reinvestment and basically keep the effective rate at 15%. You're not changing the revenue today, but you are eliminating the need for all the overhead in the gov'ts and corps to manage the exclusion game.

That's all I'm saying. I'm not proposing an opinion on should corps pay more or pay less.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              I'm sorry, Entropy, but you're wrong, AGAIN. Alabama won't sink into the ocean. The waters of virtue will gently rise and rise and rise until they have consumed all but the highest points of the land of miscreants, deviants and maleducated.

so, I should buy a boat and pots for a tomato plant..

Comment

• Heh. Hey Talent, I was sitting down to write a reply to your post about Krugman, and then I saw the above post and had to laugh. I certainly hope he fumigates the DOJ and the State Department. I think the litmus test will be if Trump does away with the IRS as he has promised. It goes to what you and I see as his authoritarian bent. IMO, the IRS is the most brutal agency when it comes to the application of government power. If Trump gives that up, that means to me that he doesn't intend to "punish" his enemies.

By the way, I sent a link to this forum to an assistant press secretary to a R who was elected Tuesday. Twitter is such a haystack, that a needle of even leftist group-think is hard to find. Anyway, he called last night, and had evidently gone back to read posts prior to the election. I had given him some names to follow. He wanted to know something about you so I told him you were a lawyer for the state government in Columbus. "....figures, only Hillary supporter that actually tries to support his opinions with evidence..." I agreed with him. I thought you would like to know that.

He also recommended that I quit posting here. Heh.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                  hack.. my premise is corporations are not paying a 39% tax rate. I believe it is substantially lower. So let's say for simplicity the effective rate is 15%. Why not change the taxes to 20%, eliminate most exclusions that don't involve reinvestment and basically keep the effective rate at 15%. You're not changing the revenue today, but you are eliminating the need for all the overhead in the gov'ts and corps to manage the exclusion game.

That's all I'm saying. I'm not proposing an opinion on should corps pay more or pay less.
                  OK, fair enough. I don't understand why anyone would think they should pay less. If anything, more -- they're the biggest beneficiaries of almost all forms of public spending.

Comment

• 16 times the simpsons predicted the future. Some are a reach, the last one is pretty amazing.

Comment

• smdh.

Not every hook deserves a fish.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I was writing post 13342 when your exchange about settled science went on. Phrased differently, the "Savior" in environmental theology (Algore) has already told us that we have passed the point of no return. Why spend more money on it. WE ARE DOOMED! I like it. An inconvenient truth for the statists, but so it goes.

Well, we do have wonderful ethanol technology. Maybe we can use it to get drunk until the end.
                        Last edited by Da Geezer; November 10, 2016, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• OK, fair enough. I don't understand why anyone would think they should pay less. If anything, more -- they're the biggest beneficiaries of almost all forms of public spending.
                          See Multiplier Effect above.

Comment

• I'll take AL Gore over Trump, Guiliani, Bannon, Duke any day.

Comment

• what is smdh?

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                                I was writing post 13342 when your exchange about settled science went on. Phrased differently, the "Savior" in environmental theology (Algore) has already told us that we have passed the point of no return. Why spend more money on it. WE ARE DOOMED! I like it. An inconvenient truth for the statists, but so it goes.

Well, we do have wonderful ethanol technology. Maybe we can use it to get drunk until the end.
                                It's fucking insane. It's like saying that since you have a paper cut you might as well run into a buzzsaw. Of course there's value in mitigating the damage! Talent doesn't have the balls to engage with me on it but I think it's obvious that there's a cost-benefit analysis to be done on mitigation.

Comment

Working...
                                X