Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hack View Post
    The basic message is ``you have to understand the nuances of our life and appreciate our circumstances, but we do not owe you the same in return. Whilst we demand your empathy and attention, we will continue to paint you all with the same brush, whether you are real elites or simply people that happen to live in cities. If you don't like it we will have a tantrum.'' Someone has to be the grown-up and it's not gonna be them. And, for now, they have the muscle to manage this.
    Correct, remember this the next time Wingsfan calls Detroit a cesspool.

Comment

• The White House staff greeting Trump on his arrival...

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          Froot's willingness to stereotype is rather remarkable. But, he has his meme -- and the Ds have there's, too....they ain't going to try to pull back a single Trump voter. They're racists, sexists and worse.

I wasn't sure which way they would play it, but I was leaning toward the Froot approach and I think that's what will happen. And, heh, of course, they'll bitch all day when Trump doesn't reach out to them -- the people who hate him.
          If Howard Dean (Howard Dean!!) becomes head of the DNC, that'll prob be the response.

I think there'll be more introspection if this Keith Ellison guy wins though. He correctly pointed out 18 months ago that Trump's message would have resonance in Minnesota and thought he was a more serious candidate than nearly everyone did early on.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            Exactly right. And while demographics may be on their side, they're riding to the rescue at a glacial pace.

I told DSL I thought the B10 would eventually turn purple in 20 years. He thought I was wrong. And, I was..it may already be purple. If if that happens, the EC is back in play in a big way.
            I thought you were claiming it'd be red, not purple. And this only works if Trump's anti-free trade message is the policy of the Republican Party fr the next several decades.

And to be fair, it's still at least debatable how much of this solely fall's on Hillary Clinton's unique corruption. If someone wants to argue that Obama couldn't have done any better (or Joe Biden) I'm going to take issue with that.

Comment

• I forgot to post this before.

"I know that we called all of those other Republicans 'Hitler' but this time we really mean it! No really!"

[youtube]_ul2OuvPOQE[/youtube]

I saw an article that called this "The Diminishing Returns of Hitler".

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                If Howard Dean (Howard Dean!!) becomes head of the DNC, that'll prob be the response.

I think there'll be more introspection if this Keith Ellison guy wins though. He correctly pointed out 18 months ago that Trump's message would have resonance in Minnesota and thought he was a more serious candidate than nearly everyone did early on.
                I think you got Dean wrong, Ellison would be good as well but Dean was good in his last go around. His 50 state strategy paid dividends I both 2006 and 2008 strategy. They would be well advised to have both.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                  Parties can choose their candidate any way the want. Primaries are not the general election
                  The U.S. people can choose their candidate anyway they want.
                  It's called an Amendment... something that could happen in the next decade... if for example Democrats hold the Senate, House, and Office in 2020.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I know they feel that they are at the end of the line. It sucks going through general boarding, when you are used to MVP gold.

Can you clarify your point about heroin? I know it's an epidemic, but I don't know why you say it's not being addressed or addressing LGBT rights is somehow preventing the government from addressing the heroin epidemic?
                    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• That's breaking news Cody.

Comment

• Have you guys seen this "Gangnam Style" YouTube video??!
                        Omg... it's gonna be huge.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• lol
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I don't quite understand why Dean is villified.

Comment

• I don't know about vilification. He had a touch of cartoonish exuberance that was easy to lampoon and possibly made him appear less competent, fairly or not.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• That was a long time ago. Since then he's become a lobbyist/consultant and has a lot of the ties to Wall Street that Hilary had. He's extremely Establishment.

He DID embarrass himself more recently by suggesting that all of Trump's sniffing during the 1st debate was due to a cocaine problem. And then refused to back down off that statement until several days later.

Comment

Working...
                                X