Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
    I forgot to post this before.

"I know that we called all of those other Republicans 'Hitler' but this time we really mean it! No really!"

[youtube]_ul2OuvPOQE[/youtube]

I saw an article that called this "The Diminishing Returns of Hitler".

sounds familiar.. Hopefully the lesson is learned by the D's. The R's will need to learn the same thing someday.
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• The establishment tag is only an impediment if you aren't trying to expand the map because of those ties. Like I said, he did a good job after 2004. He is cartoon character, but the Democratic Party doesn't have a lot of people to hang their hat on. Cartoon characters and establishment types are currently lining up for jobs in the new administration, so that may be kind of a red herring. it is all hands on deck.

Comment

• saw this posted on twitter...

I had a friend on the left who stopped talking to me and defriended me on facebook because I said the right and the left are the same.. when they're not in power, they become the same people.

I think I'm being proven correct.
        Last edited by entropy; November 11, 2016, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• Congrats on that

Comment

• Comment

• Can I offer a board-wide proposal? Let's all agree to save time and bandwidth and impose a moratorium on posting the anecdotal "Who's supporters are worse people" links and videos.

We all know who is worse....the other side. Stipulated. No further evidence need be entered into the record.
              Goodness, so typically Hoss. Let's agree not to discuss, or heavens, post videos about behavior. We all know the truth, no further evidence is needed. Probably 50-1 by the left in actual physical violence including the riot in Portland last night.

Hoss, you are undoubtedly a government employee.

And Hoss, you are a bigot in the worst sense of that word.

I propose a different standard. AA, Stan and I might remember what we were told when we were "verbally abused" as youngsters. "..sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.." Gads, Hoss, you are disgusting. I'll say the same thing I did about Wiener. It is astonishing the type of person the Clintons attract.

And froot, did you even watch the video the about middle schooler? This is so classic. Take a chance and watch the video of the Trump voter being punched. Then watch the middle-school video. Then you and hack go to your "healing zone" and he can tell you how you provide balance here.

I suspect Jeff will "moderate" this post. Hopefully, the working Americans who read this (before Jeff gets here) will approve of what I say.
              Last edited by Da Geezer; November 11, 2016, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                Congrats on that

HA...

Comment

• I thought you were claiming it'd be red, not purple. And this only works if Trump's anti-free trade message is the policy of the Republican Party fr the next several decades.

And to be fair, it's still at least debatable how much of this solely fall's on Hillary Clinton's unique corruption. If someone wants to argue that Obama couldn't have done any better (or Joe Biden) I'm going to take issue with that.
                  I think I said it would move toward red -- that Ohio would be red, M may be red and Wisconsin/Pa/Minnesota would go purple. But you're right in that this is far from permanent. I still think it's a 20-30 year drift and that it will oscillate.

SLF:

Re heroin/men using women's bathrooms -- it's the perception. It's the media. It's social media. One of them is a huge deal. #NC. One of them is not. One of them has people TALKING about it a lot and the other is mostly silent. That's not to say that you can't address both or that both aren't, in fact, being addressing. But, IMO, our media -- be it traditional, social, or otherwise -- focused on one. And D politicians were much more likely to give voice to one. And that creates a perception.

Trump gave a voice to these folks plight. The Ds, IMO, have not -- and it's worse than that -- in a lot case the so-called "elites" mock them or chastise them with their so-called "white privilege."

So, to be clear, I'm talking perception. And to reiterate, I voted for HRC as (a) I trusted her ruthless pragmatism; and (b) I find Trump entirely unfit. That said, I know rural Ohio. I grew up in rural Ohio -- ok, not SE Ohio, but rural. So, I'm more willing to not call all those people racists.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Hoss is not a bigot. Not that he needs me to defend him, but he's far from it.

He's left of center and I'm right of center. We have a lot of conversations and I've never thought of him as a bigot or irrational. Usually are disagreements are about # of people who think X or number of people who do Y.

And while he's a Clinton fan, I didn't get the impression it was Hillary Clinton. He is in love with Bill though... in fact, his only regret in life is not being an intern.
                    Last edited by entropy; November 11, 2016, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• God bless 2016. God bless this election.

[youtube]5fpxoVu2pqg[/youtube]

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                        HA...
                        I don't mean to be snippy, but I truly have no idea who this person is. If you search enough you'll find something.

Comment

• Comment

• Hoss is not a bigot. Not that he needs me to defend him, but he's far from it.
                            You are a loyal friend. Is he paid by the government?

...his only regret in life is not being an intern.
                            Now that is a good line!
                            Last edited by Da Geezer; November 11, 2016, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• I follow this thread with great interest. It is highly informative in a sort of Cliff Notes way. It's hard to accurately develop a position here and there is plenty of room for misunderstanding.

I applaud Hack and talent for bringing their confrontation to a useful conclusion with only one straight forward post by Entropy. As well as AA's, among others, for injecting some levity.

This is a good group.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X