No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The same part that refuses to understand that undocumented workers put far more into the system than they take out.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I also like the "every life is sacred and deserving of respect and support, UNLESS they can't work hard. Then fuck em". Was that from the book of John?
      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• You think just because evangelicals value life, that family is safe if they start rounding up illegals?
        No, as I said, there is a zero probability that they start rounding up all illegal immigrants (actually double-felons if you count illegal entry into the US as a felony). If you are honest, neither you nor I know if any of this will happen or not. I predict that Trump will cut off funding to Sanctuary Cities and many of the double-felons will leave of their own accord. Those that stay, deport. If no country will take them, jail for a mandatory minimum of 5.

Let's just see how it plays out. I know what you predict, you know what I predict. I generally answer hypotheticals "IF a frog had wings, he wouldn't have a flat ass".

Comment

• No, as I said, there is a zero probability that they start rounding up all illegal immigrants
          What? That was a main tenet of Trump's campaign. It is what people voted for.

Don't tell me Trump is just another politician.

*sigh*
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I also like the "every life is sacred and deserving of respect and support, UNLESS they can't work hard. Then fuck em". Was that from the book of John?
            No, not John. But I believe the apostle Paul said something on the order of "he who will not work shall not eat.". Paul also demanded Christians take care of the widows, orphans, poor, and infirm and give 10% of their net income to that work.

I believe I said Mom had SM in a hospital with good care. I presume that was partially paid for by social services, maybe not. You might ask AA what hospitals actually do when an illegal shows up and asks for care. I have always supported that kind of government aid. Actually, I once asked the group their opinion on whether I could count the percentage of my taxes that go to HHS against my 10% tithe (no answer). I believe my checkbook will follow me into the afterlife, and word has it that even a devious dealmaker like myself should not bargain with God. Heh, Algore better hope he's right about there being no God, because his checkbook showing $ 700.00 or so of giving one year he was VP will be hard to explain. Come to think of it, I've never met a lefty who gives a tithe. But I digress.

Dad and Mom don't buy into your leftist Victimology, SLF, sorry. They just don't. Mexicans (all Latinos really) are worried by the propaganda that they or theirs will be deported, and when President Trump is reasonable, they will become a base for the Trumpanzies. They and the working folk of the "Rust Belt" have almost everything in common (including a faith in John).

That must absolutely terrify those of you who have any common sense. JMO.
            Last edited by Da Geezer; November 12, 2016, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• It would be nice that while preaching Victomology that SLF would find that hideous post that besmirched the reputation of Da Geezer.

Comment

• What? That was a main tenet of Trump's campaign. It is what people voted for.
                No. It isn't.

While you (not you personally) were hearing what the media was feeding you, many were listening to what he said in the campaign. When CNN was reporting a ranting crazy man who changed his mind on "muslim immigration" (which he did BTW), Trump first made it clear that the definition of "illegal" meant folks I called double-felons above. That eliminated all the clever nonsense "these folks are all lawbreakers" that Ted Cruz said. He then kept moderating his actual view in his stump speech. I've already posted what I predict will be his handling of "illegal immigration".

More importantly, Trump is a businessman. He will change his mind on a dime if he thinks there is a better way to do things (eg. he changed his mind because Obama convinced him that keeping parts of Obamacare was the best way to keep his "repeal and replace" pledge). Small business people understand and appreciate this outlook. Cheaper and better. While I don't share his belief that manufacturing jobs will return, cutting regulation and letting small business innovate creates lots of jobs. Good jobs. Not part-time jobs that were "required" by Obamacare.

Hey, CGVT, I appreciate this discourse.
                Last edited by Da Geezer; November 12, 2016, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• I recommend reading this. This is not only low-hanging fruit, it is fruit that jumps into your basket.

Please note the exact day and time it was posted.

Comment

• What Trump's victory means for the future. The knaves versus the fools.

Legacy Research Group is one of the largest independent publishing companies in the world, with two million readers in over 140 countries.
                    Last edited by Rocky Bleier; November 12, 2016, 03:19 PM.
                    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                      No, as I said, there is a zero probability that they start rounding up all illegal immigrants (actually double-felons if you count illegal entry into the US as a felony). If you are honest, neither you nor I know if any of this will happen or not. I predict that Trump will cut off funding to Sanctuary Cities and many of the double-felons will leave of their own accord. Those that stay, deport. If no country will take them, jail for a mandatory minimum of 5.

Let's just see how it plays out. I know what you predict, you know what I predict. I generally answer hypotheticals "IF a frog had wings, he wouldn't have a flat ass".
                      Well one thing that Trump CAN DO without congressional approval is allow ICE officers access to IRS records (many illegals file taxes) so they can get the mailing address of the illegals paying taxes.
                      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Come to think of it, I've never met a lefty who gives a tithe. But I digress.
                        Ummm sure we do...It's called wanting to increase taxes to pay for social services.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

No. It isn't.

While you (not you personally) were hearing what the media was feeding you, many were listening to what he said in the campaign. When CNN was reporting a ranting crazy man who changed his mind on "muslim immigration" (which he did BTW), Trump first made it clear that the definition of "illegal" meant folks I called double-felons above. That eliminated all the clever nonsense "these folks are all lawbreakers" that Ted Cruz said. He then kept moderating his actual view in his stump speech. I've already posted what I predict will be his handling of "illegal immigration".

More importantly, Trump is a businessman. He will change his mind on a dime if he thinks there is a better way to do things (eg. he changed his mind because Obama convinced him that keeping parts of Obamacare was the best way to keep his "repeal and replace" pledge). Small business people understand and appreciate this outlook. Cheaper and better. While I don't share his belief that manufacturing jobs will return, cutting regulation and letting small business innovate creates lots of jobs. Good jobs. Not part-time jobs that were "required" by Obamacare.

Hey, CGVT, I appreciate this discourse.
                          Part of the problem with President-Elect Trump was his rhetoric throughout the campaign which appeared to waken up a section of the voting public that did not vote. Normally, this is not a bad thing but along with that awakening came a section that spews vile, racist things and now perhaps feel emboldened that they can be that way openly.

The response that children (middle school and even lower)are having. Chanting "Build the Wall", not letting minorities get to their lockers, telling some minorities it is time to get out of the country. That some in first and second grade will not talk to others who parents voted opposite of what their parents voted. This is very scary for me, and I hope that President-Elect Trump will take the time and say these things are wrong, and this is not who we are as a country. That is not the example I want to set for our younger generations. I doubt he will.

On immigration, especially with people from Islamic countries, I hope that he gets briefed on how hard it is to get into this country through that process. The UN takes a year to process the refugees that want to go elsewhere. Only 1% of those pass. To get into the US the INS, Homeland Security, FBI, CIA, NSA, DOD and others continually verify and get new information checking against known terrorist lists etc. This takes 1.5-2 years and if new information comes up that puts them on one of these lists, they have to start all over again (or get rejected). This amount of vetting is partially why it takes so long for refugees to get into the US. No refugees since 9/11 have been arrested for terrorist plots against the US.

If he wants to take out illegal immigration (most of these people are ones that have overstayed their visas) that is fine but what about those that have had children born in this country and are under 18? It might be a small point, but it is important what would the position here be? What are you going to do when countries won't take them back?

While it is good that President-Elect Trump wants to keep a couple overwhelming positive aspects of Obamacare (preexisting conditions and kids being able to stay on it until 26 years old)--how are you going to pay for that if you do not have the individual mandate in there for a large pool? You could tweak Obamacare by raising the penalty for not having it. What are you going to do for those 20 million people that need it for their insurance? HSAs is something that he has touted but those on the bottom end of the economic scale can barely save money let alone have money to put into the HSAs.

I expect Congress to defund every part of Obamacare it can. If they decide to do that without any plan to replace it with will President-Elect Trump veto such a budget if that was in there?
                          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Just for perspective's sake, as of right now Trump received 500,000 fewer votes than Mitt Romney. It's possible he could dip below 47% of the popular vote when it's all said and done.

This was the lowest turnout election since 2000. If Trump found millions of voters who had never voted before then millions of others must have stayed home.

Comment

• Ummm sure we do...It's called wanting to increase taxes to pay for social services.
                              HA!

I call that Social Justice, but hey, by whatever name, we need to help the people like the Clintons when they left the office. Po' Fook had to steal the dishes and linens just to set up housekeeping. Bush's fault.

Comment

• Excellent post, Whitley. I agree with everything you say, particularly the part about the first and second graders. No one should make them feel insecure, and that sort of bullying is wrong. I watched a show on CNN this afternoon where two guests shouted down another one who was trying to say that Trump now favored "extreme vetting" instead of "ban all Muslims". No adult watching the show could have left without thinking that a total ban on Muslims was in the works. But you are right. I think it best for adults not to express much about politics to what are really babies.

60 Minutes had a segment a few weeks ago where they showed what a foreign family (I forget the country, but Muslim) had to go through to get into the country. I had no idea. None. I've heard my friends bitch about how long it takes to bring their wives from Mexico, but I thought that was on Mexico's end. If what that family on 60 Minutes went through is not extreme enough, I don't know what could be.

Comment

Working...
                                X