No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LMFAO -- The New York Times is begging for their lives...

To our readers,

When the biggest political story of the year reached a dramatic and unexpected climax late Tuesday night, our newsroom turned on a dime and did what it has done for nearly two years — cover the 2016 election with agility and creativity.

After such an erratic and unpredictable election there are inevitable questions: Did Donald Trump’s sheer unconventionality lead us and other news outlets to underestimate his support among American voters? What forces and strains in America drove this divisive election and outcome? Most important, how will a president who remains a largely enigmatic figure actually govern when he takes office?

As we reflect on this week’s momentous result, and the months of reporting and polling that preceded it, we aim to rededicate ourselves to the fundamental mission of Times journalism. That is to report America and the world honestly, without fear or favor, striving always to understand and reflect all political perspectives and life experiences in the stories that we bring to you. It is also to hold power to account, impartially and unflinchingly. We believe we reported on both candidates fairly during the presidential campaign. You can rely on The New York Times to bring the same fairness, the same level of scrutiny, the same independence to our coverage of the new president and his team.

We cannot deliver the independent, original journalism for which we are known without the loyalty of our subscribers. We want to take this opportunity, on behalf of all Times journalists, to thank you for that loyalty.

Sincerely,

Arthur O. Sulzberger Jr.
    Publisher
    Dean Baquet
    Executive Editor
    This is just a few months of openly declaring their partisan opposition to Donald Trump because it was their moral duty.

There is no dance appropriately joyful enough to do on the grave of these slimy, lying cocksuckers.
    Last edited by Hannibal; November 15, 2016, 08:59 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Heads up -- a memo went out recently somewhere...

"Safe space" is now "self care space". Kind of like how "Global Warming" morphed into "Climate Change".

Comment

• Anecdotal warfare. Hurrah.

Comment

• I like that expression.

Comment

• Am I the only one that is appalled at the Steve Bannon appointment?

Steve fucking Bannon?

Are you fucking kidding me?

Who's next, Alex Jones.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• To scroll through Breitbart headlines is to come upon a parallel universe where black people do nothing but commit crimes, immigrants rape native-born daughters, and feminists want to castrate all men. Here’s a sample:

“Hoist It High and Proud: The Confederate Flag Proclaims a Glorious Heritage” (This headline ran two weeks after a white supremacist massacred nine black churchgoers in Charleston, S.C.)

“Birth Control Makes Women Unattractive and Crazy”

“Gabby Giffords: The Gun Control Movement’s Human Shield”

If you don’t find the headlines alarming, check the reader comments. Or take a look at who’s rejoicing over Mr. Bannon’s selection. The white nationalist Richard Spencer said on Twitter that Mr. Bannon was in “the best possible position” to influence policy, since he would “not get lost in the weeds” of establishment Washington. The chairman of the American Nazi Party said the pick showed that Mr. Trump might be “for ‘real.’” David Duke, former imperial wizard of the Ku Klux Klan, called the choice “excellent” and said Mr. Bannon was “basically creating the ideological aspects of where we’re going.”
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Trump Transition team has become a cluster****. Mike Rogers bails and no longer wants any part of it. Trump campaign and Trump himself were completely unprepared.

The uncertain start to what is normally a rapid and meticulously planned transfer of power could have big implications for the Trump administration.

Comment

• So Steve Bannon is like Al Sharpton, except on the other side?

Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but fail to notice the beam in your own eye?

Save
                    Last edited by Rocky Bleier; November 15, 2016, 11:39 AM.
                    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• So, I guess you are good with it...

Comment

• Not a surprise really, anytime the guy was asked a question that would pertain to the nuts and bolts of government who would give an answer that showed he had no idea. Being President is extremely hard. Get up in the morning at 7 sit in meetings all day, read briefing books at night.

Even with the most experienced hands a transition is a cluster-eff. I expect a lot omore Obama staffers will have to stay on longer than expected. Getting security clearance is not a quick affair.

Comment

• I'm not good with anything. I didn't vote for either candidate. But I am amazed at how people believe the other side (whichever side) is full of bad people, while their side is populated by the pure of heart. I've known a lot of racists, and they weren't all Caucasian.
                          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• So Steve Bannon is not a bad person?

Comment

• Hanni: I read that NY Times letter from the Publisher. The only real content was ..."We believe we reported on both candidates fairly during the presidential campaign.." If they believe that, or if their readers believe that, then they remain hopelessly partisan.

But that Law School post is just disgusting. I had a Criminal Law professor there named Jerry Israel. If you showed up to class and were clearly unprepared for his grilling, he would attack you personally. One day he did that to a woman, who after what was actual verbal abuse, she started crying. He then went off again on how were we ever to tolerate a judge "correcting" us from the bench or some such. He ended by kicking her out of class. He was the worst sort of professor, but he'd justify his treatment by saying he was toughening us up for "real life".

Now Michigan Law provides playdough and bubbles for future lawyers because their candidate lost.

No wonder the law school's reputation has dropped so precipitously since the 70's.

Comment

• You guys are always railing on safe spaces, did you ever think these people need these because they aren't tough, manly men like you? Not everyone can be an Internet Tough Guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X