Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    It makes you long for Cruz for AG.

Well, Cruz is very smart but is affiliated with relogious wackadoos.

Christie was the perfect choice but fell out of favor with Herr Trump.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Great link to the NYT, Entropy. Not inviting the press to the 21 Club is a lack of transparency. Ha. I just wish the press had the same "sensibilities" when they heard about Hillary's home server.

Comment

• He is calling world leaders on unsecured phones, a trip to a swanky steak joint is nothing compared to that.

Comment

• It still amazes me how clean Obama's been. Ayers and Wright are the best the right's investigative money and muscle could come up with.
          I agree. I think Obama's personal popularity reflects the basic belief of the citizenry that he is clean (not in the Harry Ried use of that word, heh). And I believe he is a better campaigner than Reagan.

Comment

• Hack:

Have you ever heard of the word "hish-ra"? That's phonetic. It is a word for the Muslim belief, directly from the Koran, that Muslims must migrate as much as possible. It is a kind of subset of "conquering the infidel". Both are ways to spread the faith. The same report said that Muslim children are not supposed to play with Christians.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
              Hack:

Have you ever heard of the word "hish-ra"? That's phonetic. It is a word for the Muslim belief, directly from the Koran, that Muslims must migrate as much as possible. It is a kind of subset of "conquering the infidel". Both are ways to spread the faith. The same report said that Muslim children are not supposed to play with Christians.
              Seems legit.
              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Yep the Geezer knows jihad when he sees on playgrounds of Ameroca.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  He is calling world leaders on unsecured phones
                  Proof?
                  "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• ``Hijrah'', maybe? I don't know about that as a commandment or principle, and it comes basically from the idea that Mohammed faced threats early and had to move about a few times around Mecca and Medina. This may fall under the category of ``things we do b/c the prophet did them'',
                    rather than something directly from the Koran. But no matter the origin of the rule or mindset -- there's no mistaking how expansionary the religion is, was at inception, and generally still is.
                    Last edited by hack; November 19, 2016, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Great link to the NYT, Entropy. Not inviting the press to the 21 Club is a lack of transparency. Ha. I just wish the press had the same "sensibilities" when they heard about Hillary's home server.
                      There is a generally accepted rule about press coverage of presidents and presidents-elect, and Trump isn't going to stick to it. No biggie when he goes to a steakhouse in November, but we are going to be pretty starved for information about what this administration is doing. I hope the legal war chest is big enough, because we have laws in this country and the ones pertaining to public records have been broken enough in recent years without what's coming now.

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                        Proof?
                        From dodging his own press pool to overly involving his children, the president-elect is playing by his own rules in preparing to enter the White House

My favorite bit is when he tells the British PM to let him know when she comes to the US. Wtf?

Also don't forget he had his daughter and son in law sit in on a meeting with the Japanese Prime Minister.

Comment

Hack:

The dollar closed at a 14 year high today. When the last high was reached, the growth rate of GDP was runnng at 7% per annum. The best thing for everyone is a rapidly growing pie. Growth v equity is not an either/or proposition. But the markets are anticipating growth.

10-year bond at 2.29% up from the 1.75% range

And, best of all, A new West Texas oil field's numbers came in. The Wolfcamp field has three times as much oil as the Bakken field (N. and S. Dakota). Biggest field ever discovered in the US.
                          I'm not sure why the dollar's relative value would be a lock-step indicator along with GDP growth rate.

I agree that growth v equity does not have to be an either/or position, but the numbers are clear that the gains of growth have been highly skewed. That was fine when there was just enough growth to paper over that reality, but there hasn't been. A few notches up on the percentage scale now aren't going to change that, either.

Comment

• And, best of all, A new West Texas oil field's numbers came in. The Wolfcamp field has three times as much oil as the Bakken field (N. and S. Dakota). Biggest field ever discovered in the US.

Great news. Many people will file under the cateogry of Trump Making America Great Again, but what stands out to me as interesting is the USGS involvement. The USGS is a great example of the sort of government service without which business would never take the risks it does. The full analysis of who creates value in our economy needs to recognize that many of the entrepreneurs we lionize really and truly got their own balls rolling with some government data.

In other oil news, the Saudi Aramco IPO is going to be fascinating. We may for the first time get a real sense of what Saudi's reserves are. Been estimated at 260bn barrels since the 1980s, and I'm skeptical that the figure to be released won't be bullshit still. But, in comparison, wolfcamp is 20bn barrels. The break-even cost for Saudi oil has historically been under $10, though climbing now because they've taken much of easy-to-get-at stuff. By comparison, break-even in the Permian $61.

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                              Proof?
                              Take your pick, he has taken calls from world leaders in Trump Tower and on his personal cell phone. There is a pretty involved process to make a line secure and it doesn't involve the switchboard operator at Trump Tower. When Obama was President-elect, his transition base was in Chicago and when he made those calls it was at the FBI office on a secure phone. But I know, facts don't matter in this era.

The uncertain start to what is normally a rapid and meticulously planned transfer of power could have big implications for the Trump administration.

Last edited by froot loops; November 19, 2016, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• This is important.

Comment

Working...
                                X