Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    Unrelated, but, heh...sacrifice the process for trivial gains....and now it's time to take your beating. Well done Harry! http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...tted-democrats

Process matters. You ain't gonna run shit forever.
    Reid and Pelosi need to GTFO. Their leadership has been an ongoing catastrophe for the Democratic Party, only salvaged at some points by Barack Obama. I'm a fairly strident lefty, so when I cringe at half the shit I hear come from their mouths, its a ******* problem.

Comment

• They have, more or less, ceded anything that isn't coastal. Fortunately Colorado has turned more blue than purple. And New Mexico! Don't forget New Mexico.

It'd be nice to see some sort of leadership that is interested in retaining the B10 states. And a quick newsflash -- those states aren't buying the same things that sell in the 3rd most liberal district in the House.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Process matters. You ain't gonna run shit forever.
        You'd think that they would learn this, but they are still talking about censoring "fake news" even as the Republicans are about posess power to a degree that is pretty much unprecedented in my lifetime. They are calling for censorship of the media even when they are about to be out of power. Zero self-awareness there. Hilarious.

Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        It'd be nice to see some sort of leadership that is interested in retaining the B10 states. And a quick newsflash -- those states aren't buying the same things that sell in the 3rd most liberal district in the House.
        They have been working hard on that problem via demographic replacement and open borders. You don't need to convince actual Americans about anything if you can just import 10, 20, or 50 million people who want what you've got to offer. You make this happen by promoting multiculturalism/white guilt/"racism" shaming so that nobody will call you out on it. It almost worked. They were soooo close. Really really close. Amnesty came within hours of passing once. Our 2008 Presidential candidate supported it and so did pretty much the entire donor class. They had a first and goal from inside the one yard line. Thank God some captains emerged on the defense. We stopped them.

For now.
        Last edited by Hannibal; December 9, 2016, 10:39 AM.

Comment

• Why do you call it "fake"? Do you think it's real? You've posted several things here which an easy fact check shows are not real. Once you cited a figure for immigrants in Sweden that was something like 60% of the population of the place.

Comment

• You'd think that they would learn this, but they are still talking about censoring "fake news" even as the Republicans are about to a degree that is pretty much unprecedented in my lifetime.
            Yeah, the "Fake News" stuff is silly. Well, the calls to censor it are just plain silly.

They shit on the process never imagining that the likes of Donald Trump would get the keys. But that's sort of why safeguards are their -- for the shit you can't imagine. And now they have to take it. The karmic value is quite high.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
              Why do you call it "fake"? Do you think it's real? You've posted several things here which an easy fact check shows are not real. Once you cited a figure for immigrants in Sweden that was something like 60% of the population of the place.
              It's "fake" because you simply classify anything that makes your side look bad as "fake", failing to apply the label to polls that showed Donald Trump losing the popular vote by 11 points and a multitude of other bullshit stories that have been printed by The New York Times, CNN, etc ("Hands up, don't shoot!"). If "fake news" goes, then those are the sources that should get shut down first.

If it were up to me, I would let the market punish "Fake News" and let people decide for themselves. As the old mainstream sources are finding out, market punishment does work for media. And it's not a good idea to let government regulators be the arbiters of what constitutes "fake news". Especially in a country where the founding document expressly forbids it. But what do I know? I am just a guy who voted for LITERALLY HITLER.
              Last edited by Hannibal; December 9, 2016, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• That's a very powerful anti-censorship argument. I think to most people it's clear that there's stuff that's transparent in sourcing and stuff that's so easily demonstrably wrong, but if we can't all spot the difference then how can we trust government to do it? And to not abuse that responsibility.

But I think market solutions are exactly what's happening, at least in the US. Facebook gets to decide for itself. It isn't the government and nobody outside its ownership has a right to use that private commercial entity for whatever purpose they choose. In Europe governments are demanding censorship, but I haven't heard of that here.

That said, Geezer's brought up the Fairness Doctrine in the past. The country had some rules around for about 40 years that would amount to just the same censorship you're talking about. Something like this is not without precedent, though that was a different time and place, and the legal justification would be different, I assume, since government owns the broadcast spectrum.
                Last edited by hack; December 9, 2016, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• Let's be clear... both parties want censorship when it comes to opposing views

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

You and I have kicked this issue around for a couple years now, even though the DNC has ignored it. The details can be debated, but the end results are clear; those two have clearly chosen to seek votes elsewhere. Outside of Barack Obama's influence its been an abject failure, albeit an ignored elephant in the room...literally. Until last month.

I haven't paid a whole lot of attention to internal D goings-on, but until those two are out of the room I don't see how the agenda can change. Maybe its underway, IDK.

Comment

• Maybe the D's are thinking about it but their mouth pieces seem convinced that insulting the Midwest to make the kids feel better will attract votes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• The midwest is irrelevant. Many of those states haven't D since before our parents were born, and will vote overwhelming for any turd the GOP trots out. Ricketts, Brownback, Trump, etc.

The Rust Belt/BIG country is where the battle is being lost. That's home to middle-class people who have voted Democrat, and will again if they hear the right message. But that means the Ds have to change. They cannot bank on minorities with historically low turnout rates...at least not when they are putting Bernie and Hillary out there.
                        Last edited by Wild Hoss; December 9, 2016, 11:44 AM.

Comment

• the rust belt is the Midwest.. We're in the great plains.

Some consider both Midwest.. but the rust belt is included (or most of it)
                          Last edited by entropy; December 9, 2016, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• In the short term, if you want to try and keep as much legislation as possible you need Pelosi to organize the opposition. For the long term it isn't great for their electoral prospects, they do need new leadership.

In reference to the Big 10 states, you actually have to campaign there, that would be a start. Trump said his strategy was going to try and win these states, it was his only path to victory and they pretty much let him campaign there unopposed. She rarely went to Wisconsin or Michigan and didn't campaign much outside of Philly.

Ultimately she ran a great campaign to win the national vote. Mission accomplished.

Comment

• geography nerd

Comment

• froot..

I think she ran a horrible campaign. It has to be considered a huge upset that she blew. Trump was horrible and she still loss.

I'd put this up there with Tom Osborne losing the governors race.

Comment

Working...
                                X