Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WoooT!
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      We can say MERRY CHRISTMAS AGAIN!!! AT LAST!!
      Not yet, you crusading son of a bitch. I'm going to turn you into the Progressive Police for this immediately, so you can get the dark-basement beating you deserve.

You probably say Grace when eating dinner at home too. That'll get you the hose.

Comment

• The Progressive Police are too busy finding bakers to fine $135,000 for refusing to make cakes for gay weddings. First things first, dude. LGBT > Christmas.
        Last edited by iam416; December 15, 2016, 09:35 AM.

Comment

• It appears Elon Musk will be on Trump's Economic Advisory Board.

Also, the Wisconsin recount concluded. Thanks to Jill Stein and her $3M or so, Trump managed to slightly increase his margin of victory over HRC. Stein, of course, still lost by a bazillion. Though, if the 30,000 folks who voted for her had voted for HRC then she would have won. Well done, Jill Stein! Green Party RULZ!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            The Progressive Police are too busy finding bakers to fine $135,000 for refusing to make cakes for gay weddings. First things first, dude. LGBT > Christmas.
            If the damn Republicans in Congress would properly fund our ops, everybody could get their just desserts. :rimshot:

Comment

• I never understood the recount, what was the point supposed to be? There was one benefit of the partial recount of Michigan, the recount voting procedures are error prone and need revising. Many precincts were ineligible for a recount. It would be a big problem in the case of a recount like the one we saw in Florida in 2000.

Comment

• Jill Stein just drawing attention to herself, probably. Though, who knows? The Ds are still holding on to unofficial Washington codes of behavior -- the outgoing president is supposed to be a builder of confidence in the transition ahead, and the loser is supposed to stay out of the limelight. So perhaps Jill Stein was just a front for Hillary, who wanted to do it. I don't think so though. Supposedly she blew the last of her campaign funds on a ball in NYC for staffers, at the Waldorf or something. Could have redirected that to someting supporting the Hamilton Electors or somesuch, if she really wanted to. But she's a Clinton.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  Well, if you're a conservative. If you're a progressive you can go right and flip that. And, more generally:

Islam=wonderful religion we should all embrace
                  Christianity=evil religion hellbent on foisting its views upon others

This is fun.
                  I don't think that's accurate at all. (Surprising right?)

I think that for example AA democratic voters are pretty religious.

As to the "progressive" folks I think you are referring to, I think it would be more accurate to say they find fundamentalist religions of any flavor to be concerning. It's not religion that's a problem, but a practitioners desire to force others to live (or die) based on those beliefs. There is no need for religious people to like gay marriage, but they should not be allowed to prevent others not of their faith from doing it.
                  To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Too bad you are eroding it (public education) further.
                    That is not true either. One thing I have not brought up is that there is a growing amount of evidence (see the Stanford study I posted previously) that charter schools competing with government schools, positively affect the government schools. If competition improves the purchasers' satisfaction with other service providers, why would we not expect it to have a positive influence when used in the delivery of education? We expect monopolies to give poorer service at a higher price. Why would this not be true of a monopoly in delivering education? Why do we insist that the basic rules of economics don't apply to the government monopoly in education?

These are fundamental questions. As I've said, I believe the reason is that enormous "profits" are being distributed among the stakeholders in the government system. If a teacher is paid $ 100,000 for a 9-month job in MI and the same teacher is paid $ 65,000 in Indiana, why is there no outrage about that? That is the exact definition of "monopolistic profit".

Comment

• Whitley, for the life of me, I don't know where you get your statistics. Detroit has roughly 1/3 of the charter schools in MI.

Comment

• Again with effing teacher salaries. If you have found teachers in Michigan making 100K, you have found a rare unicorn.

Comment

• I do appreciate Geezer renaming "Public Schools" "Government schools". Very astute political move.
                          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Yep. Those damn overpaid teachers. Lets give the money to a private company with no oversight instead so they can teach creationism, underpay teachers, and make money.

Make 'Merica great again, dammit!
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• SLF:
                              It's not religion that's a problem, but a practitioners desire to force others to live (or die) based on those beliefs. There is no need for religious people to like gay marriage, but they should not be allowed to prevent others not of their faith from doing it.
                              What about the baker why gets fined ($ 135,000) for not baking a cake for a gay wedding? There is a big difference between live-and-let-live and "you must bake a cake for this couple". The gay community has moved on from desiring to be left alone to requiring others to positively affirm their lifestyle. A similar situation occurred in the military. Don't-ask-don't-tell as a policy was replaced with a required affirmation of the lifestyle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                                SLF:

What about the baker why gets fined ($ 135,000) for not baking a cake for a gay wedding? There is a big difference between live-and-let-live and "you must bake a cake for this couple". The gay community has moved on from desiring to be left alone to requiring others to positively affirm their lifestyle. A similar situation occurred in the military. Don't-ask-don't-tell as a policy was replaced with a required affirmation of the lifestyle.
                                Haha!

You don't know what you are talking about.

Don't ask don't tell was dropped because it was discriminatory. Should I have to hide my heterosexuality in fear of being fired? Then why the hell should someone have to hide their homosexuality.

Nobody had to affirm anything. You just had to stop discriminating based on sexuality.

And guess what? The military has survived. How the hell could that be?
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X