No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Again with effing teacher salaries. If you have found teachers in Michigan making 100K, you have found a rare unicorn.
    Trust me, froot, you don't want to go there. You have no clue what teachers in MI get as fringe benefits. Pension alone is 29% of base. Health and dental is another 15-20k for a family.

And CGVT, there are no public schools that have stricter oversight than charters. This is not only from government, but, most important, from the media, and from the unions. Those two institutions correctly view charters as a direct threat to their power. Nothing empowers the media more than ignorant consumers.

Are you a teacher? Government employee?

Comment

• No and no, and why does it matter?
      Last edited by CGVT; December 15, 2016, 12:47 PM.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Please, you go there all the time, what a joke you are.

Comment

• Let's underpay teachers. That will get use a quality education.

They don't make enough as it is. And don't give me that "part time job" bullshit.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• And Geezer tell us what is "wrong" with homosexuality, specifically gays in the military. Oh yeah, and do it without mentioning the bible.

And if you are wondering, I'm not gay.
            Last edited by CGVT; December 15, 2016, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• And Geezer tell us what is "wrong" with homosexuality. Oh yeah, and do it without mentioning the bible
              LOL. The fine was for folks adhering to their faith. I'm not sure how the fuck you could describe that w/o describing their faith.

I mean, look -- I think it's silly to turn away business for any reason let alone because someone is gay. But let's also acknowledge that the progressives hate religion. In the US, that means Christianity. They should hate Islam way more, but they're a minority and in the Progressive Playbook, minority > religion, so they brook it. They are fucking outraged over a bakery for not making a cake when Islamic countries execute folks for simply being gay.

Soon it will be about "gender" and dudes who think their chicks and chicks who think they're dudes. But event that mere classification is bigoted -- there are at least 31 different genders and surely more: http://heatst.com/culture-wars/here-...ty-recognizes/

Pretty soon Two-Spirits will be bring claims for sex discrimination since, according to Obama's DOJ, sex means gender in the law.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Oh, fuggit. Good luck turning the whole country into your own personal safe space. That won't last long.
                Last edited by hack; December 15, 2016, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                  As long as you're relying on gross stereotypes to make false equivalences, I think you'd have to prove that progressives are, en masse, willing to break the law in order to deny religious people their basic rights, or are trying to pass laws that do the same.

IMO, suggesting that progressives would rather put religion in the closet and the religious right would prefer to put certain lifestyles back in the closet is accurate. Certainly there are individuals who feel differently, but globally, they both want their views protected, even at the expense of the other.
                  Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I don't hate religion and neither progressives that I know. I hate YOUR religion (what ever that religion may be) telling me what is right or wrong and dictating laws in this country.

So tell me, what is wrong with gays in the military?

Comment

• "Basic rights". Well, that's an interesting discussion in and of itself. I'm quite sure it includes right to free expression and I'm quite sure progressives on college campuses have put in place speech codes that violate the First Amendment and, in some cases, under direct pressure from the DoJ -- Obama's DOJ.

But I already know this will go terribly, so pre-emptively -- you win. Great job.

Comment

• I hate YOUR religion (what ever that religion may be) telling me what is right or wrong and dictating laws in this country.
                        And I hate YOUR religion -- YOUR god-awful progressivism telling me dudes are women because they think they are. I hate YOUR religion doing everything it can to obliterate religion from the public sight.

Tell me why, again, a baker should pay $135,000 for refusing to bake a cake? Tell me why again that schools have to make sure that guys who think they're chicks can shower with chicks?

Comment

• I take it back, entropy. Not interested. Talent's above post shows why. When the conversation devolves to this kind of score-points regardless bullshit, IMO nobody wins.

Comment

• IMO, suggesting that progressives would rather put religion in the closet and the religious right would prefer to put certain lifestyles back in the closet is accurate.
                            Of course it is. It's obvious. It's a constant battle, and in the US the battle is between progressives and christians. I'd gain considerably more respect for the progressive side of things if they condemned religions that are far worse than christianity in terms of small "l" liberal freedoms. But, they don't.

Comment

• A fine of 135 thousand dollars is ridiculous, but I don't know much about the case.

Letting people freely and not have to be closeted in fear, shouldn't solely be a progressive ideal. Letting people live freely is a conservative ideal. Letting people serve in the military without being in the closet is not an affirmation of anything. I don't give a shit is a conservative ideal.

Comment

• Talent, as a personal aside, are you religious now? You once were part of the encroaching atheist horde with me. Have you now found Zeus, Odin, Ra, Jehovah, or Lord Saban?
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X