No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I technically work for the government, too.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      You're not being helpful, Hoss.
      Sorry...I know we shouldn't encourage him.

But it was really funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
        I technically work for the government, too.

Exhibit B

(and that's a joke.. so you don't go ape shit on me..)
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Well, as I said, I was a college objectivist. Libertarian is my instinct.

But, again, until I see progressives trying to end religious freedom, or shooting up churches, the equivalence stops there. I think our political culture reflects it. Our political culture demands declarations of faith, not atheism. We have pandered to religious people to a ridiculous extent. Given an inch they will take a mile, and then perceive themselves as having actually lost ground. That's the fault of progressives. You can't keep plastering on a fake smile, lying to them for years, and expecting them to act rational. That's why I'm interested in seeing the Ds test out some cities first candidates. They should run some candidates in urban districts who borrow some of Trump's anger and just recast the heroes and villains. Let's shit on the rural folks and glorify the urban people, who don't have it any easier but are still just trying to make a living and raise their kids. I'd be very curious to see how that kind of message lands.

Comment

• well.. it certainly would be divisive
            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• religious people would say what progressives demand isn't reasonable as well
              Of course. But progressives define what is and isn't reasonable so they never are. Progressive riots that causes millions of dollars of damages and numerous injuries are excused and justified. Progressive shootings of police officers are excused and justified. Progressive speech codes on campus are hailed. Progressive articles that are false are forgotten though they are sufficient to suspend and taint entire organizations. Progressive overreaction to false claims including, e.g., cancelling entire sports seasons and kicking out students is countenanced. The Progressive use of Attorney Generals' offices to baselessly target oil companies is applauded. The Progressive use of archaic subpoena power to harass political opponents in Milwaukee is perpetrated.

All in the name of the ends. They have absolutely concern for the process so long as the ends are reasonable.

And now here comes Trump. Enjoy.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                Exhibit B

(and that's a joke.. so you don't go ape shit on me..)

Don't be sensitive. Although it does make me smile that I scored points with my "troll" acqusation.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Hoss works for the gov't. I'm not sure he'll understand the term helpful.
                  I don't know WTF you're talking about...

Comment

well.. it certainly would be divisive
                    We've already been divided. It's time to stop pretending otherwise.

Comment

• Hack actually reminds me a lot of Talent. Their arguments have the same meter, cadence, smugness, and condescension. They are both effective debaters.

They could be brothers.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        And I hate YOUR religion -- YOUR god-awful progressivism telling me dudes are women because they think they are. I hate YOUR religion doing everything it can to obliterate religion from the public sight.

Tell me why, again, a baker should pay $135,000 for refusing to bake a cake? Tell me why again that schools have to make sure that guys who think they're chicks can shower with chicks?
                        Is your objection that the government shouldn't have the ability to fine any business for refusal of service to ANYONE, including 'protected classes', or do you more object to gays being put into the 'protected class' category?

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                          That's why I'm interested in seeing the Ds test out some cities first candidates. They should run some candidates in urban districts who borrow some of Trump's anger and just recast the heroes and villains. Let's shit on the rural folks and glorify the urban people, who don't have it any easier but are still just trying to make a living and raise their kids. I'd be very curious to see how that kind of message lands.
                          As the Ds already tend to win urban districts, what would be the greater gain here?

And understand...I don't really believe the split is as much Urban v Rural as it is White v Minority. But I haven't delved into the voting demo stats, so I am open to other interpretations.

Comment

• He doesn't disagree with me, but no longer can stomach agreeing with me. Since March.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                              Hack actually reminds me a lot of Talent. Their arguments have the same meter, cadence, smugness, and condescension. They are both effective debaters.

They could be brothers.
                              But, Eskimo brothers? The horror.

Comment

• Oh sinnerman, where you gonna run to?
                                Sinnerman, where you gonna run to?
                                Where you gonna run to?
                                All along dem day
                                Well I run to the rock, please hide me
                                I run to the rock, please hide me
                                I run to the rock, please hide me, lord
                                All along dem day

Comment

Working...
                                X