No announcement yet.

Nebraska...not feeling Frosty anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't laugh. The Schmucks won't be in it either ...
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
      Don't laugh. The Schmucks won't be in it either ...
      Are you picking Wisconsin or Penn State to win the East?

Er...I mean the "Leaders"

Comment

• Nebraska loses AAU status

During the Big Ten's expansion study, league officials often listed membership in the American Association of Universities as a trait they'd like in any new member.

Comment

• I'm told they take too many 'marginal' kids from Nebraska. Is there more to this?

Comment

• State laws around public funds and admitting neb kids. This is embarrassing but I am confident it will be fixed. A lot of changes are happening.

I also think the timing if this is interesting. A little big ten envy? Think so. Neb was in worse shape in 2000 but stayed a member. I think some schools voted against UNL because of the move.
            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• btw... Berdahol was the chancellor of Texas in 93-97 when the Big 12 was formed. Just think that is interesting
              Last edited by entropy; May 9, 2011, 08:27 AM.

Comment

• I've been on vacation for a week and got an email from a friend who says that there was a big ten school that voted against UNL in the AAU. There is also a rumor that it was 2 schools from the bigten.
                Last edited by entropy; May 9, 2011, 08:27 AM.

Comment

• Guarantee Michigan was one of them. The other...maybe Northwestern?

Comment

• Rumors are NW and Wisky. Just rumors at this point but I was told UNL knows who

Comment

• Those are the same ones I heard, entropy.

Comment

• I'm not as dissapointed now as when I first heard the news. It is still disappointing, but the reality is the new logic applied by this organization tells me they are looking to exclude certain types of schools. Any grants given through States or not part of a peer review board are excluded. That hurts UNL that has a lot of money coming through ag grants. This is compounded by the fact that ALL UNL professors were included in the grant $$$/professor calculations. Doesn't seem fair to exclude the Dollars but include the professors associated with those dollars.

But Nebraska also hurt itself. The medical center is part of the Nebraska system, but not part of any school. That hurts UNL and has more to do with local politics than anything.

Comment

• commitment #2..

Jordan Westerkamp, 4star out of Illinois, 6.2. 190 receiver. Film looks good.

Comment

• NCAA runner-up wrestler transfers to Nebraska

Comment

• CF live on Nebraska

Comment

• I can see Northwestern and Wisconsin both being bitter about Nebraska being admitted to the Big Ten, but isn't this a pretty childish move? What does it really accomplish?

Comment

Working...
                                X