• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.omaha.com/article/20110528/BIGRED/705289796

New band of backs has to make noise

Column by Sam McKewon
    WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER

Assorted media arrived at the Nebraska football team’s spring practice prepared to do at least a little hand-wringing over the lack of depth behind running back Rex Burkhead.

And while the story got its day in the sun — I and others filed reports in April about a converted wide receiver practicing there for all of four days — it was mostly a dead end.

The reason? Speaketh Bo:

“We feel pretty good about the guys coming in,” head coach Bo Pelini said of true freshmen Ameer Abdullah, Aaron Green and Braylon Heard.
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Unless somebody out there has a system that thrives on inaccuracy, slow releases, poor decisionmaking and a lack of footspeed and agility, there is no offense that fits Cody Green's skills.

Comment

• hoss.. about time.

Comment

• Nebraska chancellor Harvey Perlman and American Express CEO Kenneth I. Chenault will co-chair the Division I Bowl Licensing Task Force.

More...

Comment

• I wanted you to sweat a while.

Comment

• are you suggesting you like me all hot and sweaty?.......

Comment

• btw.... this guy says hi

Comment

• So it appears some of the shine has come off the Ohio State- Nebraska game...especially if Pryor gets the boot. But maybe now we'll have a chance to win.

Comment

• Agree. I had that pegged for gameday. The return of pryor and the vest.

I bet Wisky gets the nod now.

Comment

• Hot and sweaty entropy = walking upstairs for cheetos.

Comment

• you mispelled liney

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                          btw.... this guy says hi

He's an asshole, and he's going to die as soon as I find him...probably kick off form old age first.

Comment

• Nebraska Huskers
                            Breaking News: Tom Osborne has called a 3:30 p.m. press conference to announce a new baseball coach: Darin Erstad

Comment

• official annoucement

Comment

• A coaching search that never left the building. Even by Osborne standards, this is mailing it in.

Comment

Working...
                                X