No announcement yet.

Nebraska...not feeling Frosty anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yea, I'm not finding many people who are excited about this hire. I'm still a little surprised he was named the HC. I could see giving him a coaching job, but HC.. with NO coaching experience?

Coaches want to coach at UNL. The facilities are great and nebraska has had winners in the past. Definately had more experience choices.
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I like Hoss' tag pic.

Comment

• jamie.. Nebraska fans really are excited about joining the bigten. It's not just me.

Comment

• In fairness, it usually is though.

Comment

• LOL

Comment

• LOL... I just read the small print ...
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Huskerz announcing some non-conf games soon

Comment

• I think you should be excited to join the Big Ten. It's a great fit.
                  To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uBDZkzbYZU&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - ‪Nebraska Athletics East Stadium Expansion 3D Overview‬‏[/ame]

3-D videao of the Stadium Expansion

Comment

• Its only the 4th largest in the B10. ;)

If you visit many road games, entropy, you'll get to see many other terrific venues to watch college football. Campus' in B10 country are a whole lot better than what the Big XII offers too. I've been to all of them minus Happy Valley, Kinnick and the Gophers new stadium.

Comment

• UNL's recruitment of Starling.. good read on espn

Nebraska devised a two-year plan for the two-sport star that covered every little detail of his college career. Now they just need him to pass on Major League Baseball.

Comment

• LOL.. Some of these are great! ---
                          Damn auto-correct! I tried texting Osborne "Let's meet for lunch" and it came out "Stay outta my way or I'm going to OSU, bitch."

Comment

• Another story on starling
                            Last edited by entropy; June 3, 2011, 10:58 PM.

Comment

• Phil Steele has Nebraska projected to meet Oregon in the Rose Bowl and projected to win the Big Ten. However, he expects every Big Ten team to have at least a couple losses and only has us ranked 12th nationally. He also list one of the primary reasons as picking Nebraska to win the Big Ten is improved QB depth and states that injuries to Martinez sunk our season last year. I guess this hit the presses before we were down to two scholarship QBs. If Martinez's play was a result of the injury than neb has a shot. However I think it is also mental and a good chance that neb will end up playing a freshman QB again.

He also has:

OSU - 15
                              Wisconsin - 23
                              Penn State - 24
                              MSU - 28
                              Illinois - 39
                              Michigan - 41
                              Iowa - 42

Not very high on the Big Ten this season. Has the conference ranked in a tie for 4th with the ACC after ranking the Big Ten 2nd for 2010.
                              Last edited by entropy; June 4, 2011, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• You guys have a brutal B10 schedule. (playing the 3 toughest 'east' teams)..

Without Pryor (I assume he's gone) along with OSU's other suspensions, I'd have to say you guys are the favorites and agree with PS that the B10 winner probably has 2 or more losses and it should be a pretty close race with all of OSU, Wisky, Neb, PSU and M in the top 25... Without looking at schedules, MSU looks like a 5-3 type B10 team but they play ND in OOC. They might be closer to PSU & M when I analyze the B10 closer... Again, not looking at schedules, Illini probably a .500 B10 team, they looked pretty solid at times last season and showed some young talent on defense for a change.

I see M as pretty underrated, the offense returns pretty much everyone other than Schilling who shouldn't be missed greatly thanks to depth on the OL and it the offense was really good last season. I do expect some regression from Denard when forced to throw from the pocket more but if he and his teammates cut down on his turnovers, I expect arguably the B10's best offense. Offense is upperclassman heavy (mostly Jr's and Sr receivers) , every starter and most all the 2-deep will be a 3+ year players but their 1st year in a new system...

M's offense imo has a chance to be special if Borges can utilize Denard's strengths along with typical progression elsewhere and a stud running back emerging... In the spring, Mike Cox was more times than not the 'standout' at RB, a surprise to most. If the OL does their job, I think a handful of backs could do well running the ball in Hoke's/Borges offense.

At times in their offense, you'll see the running back running to the strongside, running in front of a h-back/fullback with a pulling guard (4 OL, 1 FB, 1 TE). That is pretty much what Wisconsin did to M in the 2nd half last season, and Greg Robinson had no answer.

[agree with PS on B10 being 'down', probably 3rd at best and more likely 4th. ACC was 'young' last season and should be much improved while the B10 had a lot of losses to graduation, early entries and guys who take free loaner cars.
                                Last edited by WM Wolverine; June 5, 2011, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X