Nebraska...not feeling Frosty anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope we do... tough matchup
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Husker Nation

In case you haven't heard, perfect Nebraska faces reigning Big Ten champ Michigan State on Saturday night in a game many think could be a preview of the 2014 Big Ten title game. Five days before the big game, @FauxPelini and Michigan State punter Mike Sadler (@Sadler_3) had some fun to get everyone ready. @FauxPelini […]

Fake Bo and MSU's punter having fun... Great read

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Husker Nation

We win enough not to fire them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Apparently we do too. That's the only explanation I have.

Comment

• well.. fuck

Comment

• Maybe I need to stop rooting for the Huskers. They always lose when I root for them.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Give it a shot...we need the help.

Comment

• At least Dantonio is sitting on the ball. Anybody in the Big 12 would be slinging it for the EZ.

Comment

• Wow this game has been great!
                    I'm disappointed I missed the end of the USC game, but luckily I picked to watch this game for the last 45 min!
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• That game is the Pelini Era encapsulated.

Comment

• (...in Dorothy Gale voice...)

"...penalties and turnovers and mistakes...oh my!"
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• shaddup
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• ....did I just hear a whistle???
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• WELP! When you're 2-4 and a home dog to a Penn State team starting a discarded gyro and a red solo cup at guard it may be time to see what's out there in terms of possible replacements. Previously: the Power 5 head coaches, which at this point is just DAN MULLEN DAN MULLEN DAN MULLEN. Other 5 Head Coaches BRONCO MENDENHALL, BYU BASICS: 86-34 in his tenth year at BYU, with a run of four straight ten win seasons from 2006 to 2009. Before that DC at New Mexico for five years and various small jobs besides. 48. PROS: Wins many games. Lots of HC experience for age. Comfortable with running and passing QBs. Named "Bronco" so team would have to be tough I mean you'd think right. Would bring in a lot of Samoans. CONS: Availability questionable. Mendenhall is a Mormon from Utah and is reputedly going nowhere. Has fallen off a bit after a hot start, coming off consecutive 8-5 seasons. (He is 4-1 this year.) Recruiting questions bountiful. OVERALL: Might as well inquire but think he would be all but impossible to pry away. CRAIG BOHL, WYOMING BASICS: In his first year with the Cowboys after crushing I-AA run with North Dakota State in which they won three consecutive national titles. Had been HC at NDSU since 2003 before that; during this period NDSU moved up from D-II; they had consecutive 10-1 seasons under Bohl that did not result in playoff appearances due to that. 104-32 overall at NDSU. 56. PROS: Can beat Minnesota. Really really bald. CONS: Age tenuous, no big time experience, just got to Wyoming. OVERALL: Todd Graham-esque departure this would require probably puts him behind other flier candidates, as does his age. RUFFIN MCNEILL, ECU BASICS: ECU's head coach since 2010. .500-ish his first two years, then won went 8-5 with a 7-1 nonconference record in 2012. Went 10-3 last year with a win over UNC and a narrow loss to VT; upset VT authoritatively this year. Prior to that was Texas Tech's DC for a few year, with a bunch of LB coaching jobs before that. 55. PROS: Has ECU rolling with a modern offense. Had amazing afro back in the day. CONS: Old-ish, doesn't have that much track record as a head coach. Highly successful OC Lincoln Riley likely to replace him so Michigan wouldn't get to import him. OVERALL: Seems about as risky as a coordinator without as much upside. JIM MCELWAIN, COLORADO STATE BASICS: In his third year at CSU. Took over a 3-9 team, had one bad year, and then went 8-6 a year ago. Currently 4-1 with wins over Power 5 outfits Colorado and Boston College. Alabama's OC for four years before that, Fresno's OC in 2007, one year as the Raiders' QB coach, and then various position jobs. 52. PROS: Familiar with pro-style and spread concepts. Might have a smaller transition cost than other candidates depending on how similar his offense is to Nussmeier's. Promising start to HC career. FEI ranks of his Bama offenses: 16, 8, 3, 11. Spent three years at MSU so not entirely unfamiliar with the area. CONS: Very short track record as a head coach. Success may be based on importing guys like Dee Hart from Bama more than any particular skill. OVERALL: If CSU has a ten win season he's a guy who'd be logical to look at. OTHERS Nope. The next guy on the list was Georgia Southern's Willie Fritz. [After THE JUMP: coordinators are waiting for your call]

A suggestion that Scott Frost is a candidate for Michigan's HC job. THE HUMILIATION IS COMPLETE. But I bet that Dave Brandon might really enjoy the oral part of Frost's job interview.

Comment

• Maybe Brian Greasy can be an assistant...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X