No announcement yet.

Nebraska...not feeling Frosty anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I expected that we'd get beaten soundly...this was tOSU's the first must-win game, and I knew Urb would have them salty.

I also expected Barrett to peel the top off of our defense...its built around playing man-free in the secondary, and I knew OSU had the WRs to make plays, and that we wouldn't get much pressure.

As discussed earlier, I knew the offense wouldn't go either.

But I'd hoped for something like 34-13. With Armstrong, we'd probably have gotten it.

Then he went down, and we sent in The Scarecrow- the kid who threw four INTs against Purdue last year- and had him attempt 20 passes, which extended the game and directly contributed to several avoidable Ohio State touchdowns, and utterly unnecessary wear on our starters. That is entirely on the coaching staff.

Comment

• Glad to see Armstrong ok after that hit...was expecting the worst after he was motionless for so long

Comment

• Until UNL improves recruiting, us fans should expect to compete with Iowa and Minn. Since Gregory, UNL has not recruited a quality DE. OL recruiting has been poor, especially for pass pro... They don't need top 5 or even top 10 classes, but top 15-20 every year is a must. Way too many classes over the last 10 yrs that have been below top 35. You can't compete with classes lack that every other year, flip offensive systems and hope the walkon program (which is tougher for parents to afford now than 20 yrs ago) fills in the gaps.

Until then...
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Hopefully this years success pays off and allows you to land higher caliber recruits in Cali, Texas, etc.

Comment

• It is going to be a process... switching systems is never easy. Compound that with minn like recruiting by the previous staff...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/UnCommonSense00/status/795417845899227136[/ame]

tough to run plays when the OL does this.. It appears the Center and guard were not on the same page.

Comment

• We could ease the transition by bringing in some JC players; we have definitely had the scholie numbers available to do so. The staff seems fairly adamant that they don't want to though.

Until Saturday night, their case was pretty strong. If we have to go against Minnesota with Ryker Fyfe, and especially if we get beat because of it, that position is going to be difficult to defend without saying some things that Nebraska fans will not be happy hearing.

Comment

• some notes from today's presser from Riley:

No sugarcoating...we played a good team and played bad according to Riley.

Defensively they were frantic and fell apart assignment wise. "It was not a good night." Guys tried to do too much and other people's jobs. The defense was trying to overcompensate....gave the example of Aaron Williams when he got beat on the long pass. Teams have tried that all year and not been able to beat him on that route. He got beat. After....(different type of athlete..??)

Riley said they have to find their niche on offense. "It is a whole regrouping offensively" said Riley regarding this week. They realize that offensively they were struggling well before Ohio State.

Riley said he won't make excuses. "We will look how we can best solidify our people." - Speaking towards the offense.

Tommy is going through concussion-protocol. He feels good. Riley said they will know more day-to-day.

Ryker will be the starting QB up to this point. And Zack Darlington will be the backup. "Really reluctant to put Patrick O'Brien in that spot."

Injuries:
                  Tanner Farmer - questionable, but close
                  David Knevel - questionable, but getting better
                  Jerald Foster - doubtful, but is starting to do some work. (surprising...)
                  Michael Rose-Ivey - probable (elbow)
                  Brandon Reilly - questionable, but getting better (hamstring)
                  Devine Ozigbo - probable
                  All the LBs are banged up at this point.

As for jumpstarting running game, Riley said he'd like to establish two "identity runs" he can repeat throughout the game and run well.

Comment

• RE: Foster...if he plays only in the last 20% of the season, can he still apply for a medical year?

IMO "Regrouping" means they are going to dump the Pro sets and play almost exclusively from the 'Gun the rest of the year IMO. They'll lean on IZ handoff and ZR out of it as their "identity runs". OL cannot do much else.

Comment

• hoss... I'm not sure the answer to the first part of your question. I'd imagine he's only back for the iowa game or something like that.. maybe bowl.

Comment

• The $5 Bits of Broken Chair Trophy must remain a real thing. Hey, rest of the Big Ten: This is how you trophy game.

How the Nebraska/Minn Broken chair trophy came to be..

Comment

• I love that trophy and story. So great.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• How bad has UNL's DE recruiting been lately? 39 total sacks for defensive ends signed since 2010 at Nebraska. 17.5 of those by one guy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• In this spread passing era, those guys (DE's) are really critical as you can't give any average QB too much time to throw.

Comment

• I know foster has been cleared and he will need conditioning, but they probably need to get him reps on Saturday. #58 is not doing very well

Comment

Working...
                                X