Nebraska...not feeling Frosty anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
    I bet Mike Riley was peeling the paint off the walls after the game with all of the "Gosh Darns" and "Gee Whizzes."
    It sounds like the postgame stuff was uncomfortable. As it should have been.

But, what's done is done. If the goal of the staff was to simply survive the first two years on what Pelini left behind in order to leverage it for the future, then they have succeeded. Its come at the cost of "political" capital though. This program needs to look substantially better next year, or they'll be coaching for their jobs in 2018.

Comment

• What do you mean by uncomfortable? Riley has to be the nicest coach I've ever seen. Is there any evidence or rumor of him getting angry?
      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• He's been uncharacteristically chippy when asked about certain things (the special teams namely, coached by his friend) and I guess there were some odd chuckles from him in response to some questions yesterday. But yeah, its relative. What Bo would have done would be very, very...different. And probably in the headlines today.

Comment

• Perhaps UNL should start with showing up or having some level of passion to be in the game.

Best quote was UNL's DC saying the Iowa practices must be bloody based upon how physical they play... no shit. Based upon Friday's performance, UNL's is a safe space
          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• This team has shown plenty of guts and passion this year. Yesterday sucked, but lets not go overboard with the pity party.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• I was specifically talking about yesterday. Pretty clear actually

Comment

• statement from the AD department..

Comment

• One good way to measure an offense’s explosiveness is to examine yards per play. More than seven yards per play is excellent. Fewer than four yards per play is the

IOWA CITY — One good way to measure an offense’s explosiveness is to examine yards per play. More than seven yards per play is excellent. Fewer than four yards per play is the opposite.

Since joining the Big Ten, NU has only been under three yards per play in one game — the 59-24 loss to Wisconsin in 2014, at 2.81 yards.

But the Huskers’ 3.19-yard average in Friday’s 40-10 loss to Iowa is its second-lowest average of the Big Ten era. The Huskers gained 217 yards on 68 plays. Nebraska didn’t have a run longer than 11 yards or a pass longer than 19 yards. While Nebraska’s defense gave up three giant plays — of 75, 77 and 56 yards — NU’s offense couldn’t answer with any of its own. Nebraska only converted 5 of 18 third downs, as well.

Comment

• ? What's that about?

Comment

• starts with beating your division foes...

Nebraska's record against divisional foes (Legends 2011-2013, West 2014-2016) 2011: 3-2
                      2012: 5-0
                      2013: 2-3
                      2014: 4-2
                      2015: 1-5
                      2016: 4-2

Comment

• Husker Volleyball are BIG champs! congrats to the team

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post

statement from the AD department..

What is the allegation they are invesitigating?
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• slightly more on the incident... If he doesn't name names, it'll be tough to validate. If he does and the player said it, UNL will act accordingly.

Comment

• Last edited by entropy; November 27, 2016, 12:02 AM.

Comment

• Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X