No announcement yet.

Nebraska...not feeling Frosty anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cornhuskers fired AD Shawn Eichorst this week. Head coach Mike Riley might be next. Will a former college football powerhouse figure out how to return to glory?

I've always thought this, go back to the option. You guys would know better, but I think it's the answer.

Comment

• I'm throwing my name into the hat. I'll be the AD that UNL deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• You do realize I once shot a man just for snoring...
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• That wasn't a man, it was you're wife....oh wait, we're both right.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• You do realize I've been trained to kill a man with a thumb to the throat...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• ...oh and in reference to your last post...

horrible

and

:::fart noises:::

and

STFU

and

shaddup

and

Gay Bear
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• That wasn't a man, it was you're wife....oh wait, we're both right.

Comment

• awfully horrible
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Not my best work, no doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      https://www.theringer.com/2017/9/22/...rst-mike-riley

I've always thought this, go back to the option. You guys would know better, but I think it's the answer.
                      Those days are gone. I would love to see some of those principles incorporated into a power spread attack though.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Why would that be the answer? I know things are really bad there, but yea those days are gone. Unless you want to be GT.

Comment

• There are worse things to be. I'm not saying Nebraska should aspire to be Georgia Tech, but I do think Nebraska has to look at establishing a different sort of offensive identity. Bob Devaney and Tom Osborne didn't just pick the option offense out of a hat back in the day-- it suited the talent they were able to recruit, especially when it came to linemen. Georgia Tech might never win a national title under Paul Johnson, but they've won an Orange Bowl and an ACC title, and when they're good, nobody wants to have to play them.

Comment

• For clarification...Bob Devaney didn't run an option offense.

Tom Osborne kinda did, but didn't transition to it because of the talent he could recruit; he implemented it because he saw the success Oklahoma was having with an athletic quarterback. Additionally, NU had many elite OL before the transition to the option.

What we have lacked is a great head coach.

Comment

• Hoss drops the big leg on Bezerklie's daft stray from his lane.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Agreed. Hoss brutalized Bezerklie. It was kinda nice to see in that Hoss is like the retarded, drooling kid on the playground who everyone picks on. I guess it shows that when you push someone long enough, even the weakest will get up out of their wheelchair and take a swing eventually.

Comment

Working...
                                X