No announcement yet.

Nebraska...not feeling Frosty anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nebraska will announce the former, national title-winning Husker quarterback as its new head coach Saturday, according to a source close to the situation. Frost and Central Florida completed an undefeated regular season Saturday and won the American Athletic Conference championship over Memphis.

When asked in the postgame press conference if Frost had informed his team, he said "I haven’t talked to them yet, and I will.” He did acknowledge that this has been a stressful decision for him."They should give you time after the season to make decisions, and they don't," Frost said. "These things happen at the wrong time. The one thing I wouldn't do is sacrifice my time for the team."

Frost will be formally introduced to Husker fans Sunday at noon, but his hiring had been a known reality in the coaching industry for a week. NU graduate assistants and administrators had called recruits earlier in the week to inform them Frost was coming.

Last edited by Ed Balzer; December 2, 2017, 05:16 PM. Reason: Update
    Whatever...

Comment

• Make nebrAska Great Again!
      Whatever...

Comment

• OK, so we have a head coach again.

Doesn't sound like any of the previous ACs are going to be retained. Cutting the WR and DB coaches loose is going to cost us verbals, and possibly some current players, but that's the cost of doing business.

The WR coach in particular has built a cult around himself that will absolutely not mesh with Scott's vision. The DB coach was always more of a recruiter than a coach, and will land a job in the PAC12 pretty quickly.

Comment

• Is Frost coaching the UCF bowl game?
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I think its still up in the air...probably depends on whether UCF has a new HC in place by then.

He wants to, although I don't know that he would be serving either school especially well in doing so. He's really attached to those kids.

Comment

• Frost will make them physical again. I haven't recognized Nebraska for years. Does anyone else remember when Tom Osborne was considered the coach who couldn't win the big one? The media seems to forget that.
              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Congrats, guys. You wanted that cocksucker back in Lincoln, and you got him. Do we ever play you people again? I hope so.

Comment

• Gawd, I forgot how much hack hates Frost...BONUS!

Comment

• Frost will do things the old way... Huge truckloads of Human Growth Hormone on their way to Lincoln.
                    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I hope so. Gotta keep up with the rest of the league on PEDs.

Comment

• Pedos?
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                            Pedos?
                            I think Harbaugh's lead in that category is substantial.

Comment

• HARBAUGH!!!! is gay.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• LMAO at Brian Griese on the Memphis-UCF broadcast talking about how UCF has a decent shot at keeping Frost.

Congrats, Huskers. After 20 years of fucking around, you got your man.

Comment

Working...
                                X