No announcement yet.

Nebraska...not feeling Frosty anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's early in the Big but I'm finding some strange outcomes and trends in the first 4 games. Maryland and Rutgers look good. That's a considerable turnaround since both joined the conference.

Pundits are calling PSU a conference title contender. Not seeing the hype.

OSU is in a weird spot. Unsure how that works out. When was the last time in the last decade that anyone wondered about that?

State looked solid through 3 games then came Nebraska and Frost. Now there's a guy that, pending the final results and probably along with Jim Harbaugh need to pack thier bags.

Wisconsin got drubbed on Saturday by ND and there were signs before that drubbing that could happen. I doon't think we've seen a questionalbe Badger team for years.

Ferentz is Ferentz. He puts good teams on the field every season - Iowa is the post card child for consistency.

The rest of the BT's children remain about the same age they have been all along.

After a great start and signs of improvement, Michigan observers have plenty of evidence nothing has changed - it's all been discussed here in this forum.

I'm going to be gone for a month basically out of touch with CFB. I'm actually glad. I can check scores but I'm not streaming any games even though I can. I'd just rather, at this point expecting nothing special from Harbaugh and team, avoid the inevitable outcome of JH's annual display of incompetence.

AA, you just don't understand 4-0 for an M team. A record like that, at M, isn't in the least bit predictive given what we know about Jim Harbaugh coached Michigan football teams. There's a distinctive pattern here. We've lived it.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• You haven’t lived this achievement since 1973.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• And, of course, the 1973 M team was undefeated. The only blemish was a 10-10 tie against Ohio State
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Hell, Rich Rod started 4-0 at Michigan in 2009 and 5-0 in 2010. Been there done that.

This Michigan team might pull out 8-4 because there just seems to be a pervasive mediocrity throughout CFB this year.

Comment

• Yes, but this is the first M team since 1973 that started 4-0 and has yet to trail in a game.

Comment

• Comment

• Our D is Top 10. Our OL and Special Teams are Division III. If I'm on our D I'm fucking pissed off.
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                  Yes, but this is the first M team since 1973 that started 4-0 and has yet to trail in a game.
                  Is your plan to keep saying this nonsense over and over until it becomes believable? You seem to have the makings of Biden or even a Donald Trump spokesperson....... advancing the big lie.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• You people are disrupting The Wizard's airing of his many grievances.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Huskervus...for the rest of us...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

Is your plan to keep saying this nonsense over and over until it becomes believable?
                        Facts and truths do not care if you believe them or not. They do not care about your feelings or emotions or anything of that sort. They simply remain facts and truths. And it is 100% fact that this is the first time since 1973 (an undefeated M year!) that M has been 4-0 and never trailed a single second in any game.

Comment

• I'll give you that but the implication is that Michigan is a good football team. Good is a relative term. On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being UAT, M is now and will be no better than a 4 and that may be a stretch. JH has HC issues.

Comment

• Look, every team tries to take the lead and not relinquish it for a single second. Every M team since that undefeated team in 1973 has tried and every M team has failed until now.

Here is a list of M teams who tried and failed.

This list spans Nixon (resigned a month before the first game of 1974), Ford, Carter, Reagan1, Reagan2, Bush41, Clinton1, Clinton2, W1, W2, Obama1, Obama2, Trump, and Biden.

Comment

• It's a four game streak to start the season. But there have been more than a few Michigan teams that have won four or more games in a row without trailing. Just not to start the season. In 2016, for instance, we did it four games in a row. The 2015 did it, and so did the 2018 team.

Comment

• So, you agree that no Michigan team has started the season with this achievement since all the way back in ((checks notes)) 1973?

Here’s a pic of Nixon’s reaction when the 1973 M team did this:
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X