No announcement yet.

Nebraska...not feeling Frosty anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In fairness to Frost, he doesn't deserve the shit that he is taking for the onside kick. It was going for the jugular. An onside kick is a risk at pretty much every time. Lloyd Carr did a surprise onside kick once or twice in his career at Michigan. A fake punt or an onside kick will always look like a dumb idea if it fails and a genius idea if it works.

Comment

• Saban famously called on onside kick vs Clemson in the championship game a few years back.

But it’s really like he said after: ‘If it works and you get the ball or at least hold on and win, you’re the hero. If it fails and you end up losing, you’re the goat.’
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• There's good analytics for these kinds of calls. Sure, you can go with your gut feeling on making an onside kick. You do that at some peril. Frost had to be seeing his defense getting eaten alive which means he likely thought he needed to score some special teams and D generated points. I get that but if you want to play a higher risk sort of game, the right call there would have been to kick the ball then have your D generate a turnover or a 3 and out by bringing the kind of pressure to mess with Helinski's timing.

Helinski's a career under 60% passer and has been sacked 28x most of those coming early in his career in 2019 with the Gamecocks. He's not a great scrambler and if you bring the pressure, he's going to fold. It appeared to me that Frost played a very conservative C2-zone D. If Neb called any 5 man rushes, I didn't see many. Unmolested, Helinski feasted with a 71% completion rate, 314y/8.3ypc/2tds/0int. That fNw ran for another 200+yd to rack up over 500yd total is a testament to a flawed D game plan. I doubt the talent level is that bad on Neb's D roster.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The onside kick didn't make his defensive line look like a bunch of patsies.

Comment

• Both sides of the Nebraska line were very bad. The OL protection was very bad.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The announcers remarked about how Nebraska was supposed to have the fwo best rush ends in the conference. Those guys got handled. I like Brock Huard’s comment that it’s as if they were stuck to the OL via velcro.

Comment

• MMMMMM.png

Comment

• As soon as Frosty tried the on-side kick I knew it was over, unbelievable. I though N was going to win big, lol

Comment

• Football sucks. That is all.
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I'm wondering if Frost had money on NW to cover...and his brain fart onside kick was to ensure his winnings.
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I feel your pain, Wiz.

Any speculation on who might be brought in for Frosty?

I agree with your prediction that he'll be tossed after October 1st. Makes sense.

Nebraska deserves better. The Big Ten needs a strong Husker team.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Mike Shula would do an excellent job.

Comment

• Liney...Mickey Joseph would probably be asked to fill in on an interim basis...no idea who after that.

AA:

STFU
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Attached Files
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Actually, wouldn't he be a better fit at Wendy's? Frosty's .. ..and all that...
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X